Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
Good call blizz..
However after hearing this im now sad i didnt play my pally and feel like a wow god!

It was very fun to mess around with, however it was far from "a wow god" in bgs and such when it was against other ret paladins killing you just as quickly =P

I will admit doing LFR and having my dps be 180k-200k and randomly pull aggro after dropping the boss down quickly was hilariously fun.
90 Human Death Knight

Bliz THEMSELVES are taking fault and admitting responsibility for this. Personally, I think this is the best move they could make and it shows that the company has some integrity. I couldn't be more pleased by their way of going about this. It's not even that much of a big deal. People need to calm down over this. It's totally over now.

Just take a deep breath and chill.

First, I've never seen you have a post that wasn't pro-blue all the way. Second, it's not over at all and if you read my argument you would understand that as self-evident. There are people who have achievements and MMR that shouldn't right now. That breaks the integrity of the game, and needs to be addressed.

Not only that, but the playerbase should be informed that it is going to be addressed.

And I'll tell you why:

1) It provides a "fair" spirit of the game.
2) It shows that players can't exploit bugs and be allowed to profit by it!

As the way Blizzard is handling this situation, everybody should abuse the heck out of bugs as they come up. It provides a completely different light into the Paragon scandal from earlier, as obviously some game-breaking bugs are going to be allowed to pass by and allowed to be exploited without fixing PvE / PvP progress.

Again, not pushing for punishing players beyond removing obvious PvE / PvP progress made during that time.
90 Orc Warrior
Bull iv seen so many people abuse this bug last night in pvp, and pve a lot of servers got first ds kill ect and a lot even got some H DS clears which is stupid because of this bug now if that isnt a clear case of extreme cicumstance then idk what is
85 Worgen Druid
02/02/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Simca
Sounds like you all just don't want to do the work to find out who exploited this for Arena Ratings and new Heroic kills to me. What a cop out.

Several people who did this in Arena have already got 3-day bans, at least from what I'm hearing.

Yeah, no they didn't.

I played Ret / Priest all night last night, not even knowing about the bug. I've also ran into a good deal of ret paladins...but also of other classes, and simply had no clue the seal was bugged until I checked mmo this morning.

I'm the priest btw, and the Ret doesn't have his Scrolling combat log set to show damage, just effects. How the hell would he know his damage is above the usual?

He isn't banned, but if people were banned for playing as usual it would be downright stupid. It was a bug that could easily been triggered by normal gameplay, requiring no decision from the player.
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/02/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Vandenz
Even more shocking to me, is that guilds who may not have had the ability to kill Ultraxion HM two days ago, went 8/8 HM IN A SINGLE NIGHT.

Sooooo.. let me guess. You are rectally-pained that some other guild got stuffs that you did not. hence the crying?

K.

There is a difference between the LFR issue, and this one.

LFR had been in PTR for quite a while. Guilds took full advantage of a bug they found and kept quiet about it.

This new ret pally issue thing came up because of a hot fix that Blizz had to do. They had no time to test it.

Like the floating skull says:
02/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

If you believe people took advantage of a random bug that Blizz had no idea would occur and that Blizz took action to fix as quick as they could, then report them. But do not blame Blizz for people being jerks.
85 Worgen Druid
What is labeled as an Extreme case?

Arenas being completely overrun by rets and people losing their rating because of it?
Guilds stacking ret paladins and going from 4/6 to 8/8 Heroic in one night? People losing out on server first?

Bgs wasn't so bad, I however feel terrible for the people who arena'd and the guilds on servers who got screwed over.

Hopefully these count as extreme cases.
87 Worgen Druid
02/02/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Simca
Sounds like you all just don't want to do the work to find out who exploited this for Arena Ratings and new Heroic kills to me. What a cop out.

Several people who did this in Arena have already got 3-day bans, at least from what I'm hearing.

"did" this? You mean played their characters?

So, the logic everyone expects us to follow is that if a bug accidentally makes it into production servers that increases a class' dps, they should not play the game until it's fixed?

I just want to make sure I'm clear on this in case it ever happens to a toon I'm currently playing.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thank god for no rollbacks. While it is unfortunate that people were able to achieve high arena ratings, and heroic DS kills, ultimately that does not affect my gameplay as a rollback would. Thanks blizz
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm glad that for the most part the pallys are safe!! I was scared to play my pally for fear of getting banned lol. it just sounded rediculus. but, w/e its in the past I hope this never happens again. the patch prolly coulda stayed a little longer on the ptr i think.
90 Human Mage
LOL I killed 16 pally's last night haha
90 Human Paladin
Sounds very resonable, thank you Blizz
85 Draenei Shaman
02/02/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Isimode
I still think rollbacks are in order, and to all the pallys going QQ you would be all over this of any other class had the buff and you didn't. I guess since you think it's owed to you as I have seen some posting I guess they should reset all ret pallys that did raids except LFR and guilds that used ret pallys. Roll back all ret pally teams then I'll call it fair! I may just unsubscribe and go else where with my two accounts! Hold back MoP info till march (thats BS we have waited long enough) let alone have the press drag it out. We should be getting weekly updates about the workings of wow, not community fan art update (yeah thats cool) but I'd rather have MoP info. Now this is being handled completely wrong. I'll lose two four set bonuses and my inscription i just leveled as well ill have to bust my !@# to complete all the runs again this week, but in order to take away from people that abused this mess up it would be worth it to me! As for what is currently being done I'm not happy at all!!!

Except roll backs affect -Everyone- not just the ret paladins using the bug. You're talking about taking away many hours of work that people put into their characters last night all because a few people gained some achievements or arena ratings. If you want someone punished, punish those responsible, you don't do this by punishing millions of subscribers that played.
85 Human Paladin
So after all of the crying last night and this morning about how players should be suspended, rollbacks, etc. Blizzard did just what the more intelligent people here said they would do! Fixed the problem, and life goes on. (shakes head) I still can't believe all of the whining that went on over this issue. Before someone says, "It was a discussion!", look back at the pages of complaints. The majority of them were from crybabies. Now get over it and move on.
85 Gnome Priest
02/02/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Isimode
I still think rollbacks are in order

I completely 100% absolutely disagree with you.

Should I lose my 8/8 clear from last night that was done with NO ret paladins when we don't have another day that we can all gather up this week to redo something that was unfairly taken away from us?

No, we shouldn't. There are way way way too many people who would be negatively affected by a rollback, it's a stupid "fix".

There are other things that can be done to punish the abusers and rectify the situations that don't affect people unrelated.
90 Dwarf Paladin
What is labeled as an Extreme case?

Arenas being completely overrun by rets and people losing their rating because of it?
Guilds stacking ret paladins and going from 4/6 to 8/8 Heroic in one night? People losing out on server first?

Bgs wasn't so bad, I however feel terrible for the people who arena'd and the guilds on servers who got screwed over.

Hopefully these count as extreme cases.

Going 4/6 to 8/8 in one night? That makes no sense. And either way, spine is a control fight. Take a look at this:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/dps/

The bug did not have a great affect on spine. So anyone who did get server first last night would have already have to have been 7/8 HM.

As for rated PvP there is nothing they can do. They can probably take ratings away from any brand new teams with rets in them. But they can't give any ratings back. Just call it karma for all the QQ from the forums any time ret approached balance in PvP and nerfs were demanded.
85 Human Paladin
i must admit that i really suck

but i didn't notice any increase in anything

i kept getting disconnected in my attempts to get into a RBG most of the night

when i did finally get in, i lost 2/3rds of the BGs i was in

can't say i wouldn't have played "Doctor Manhattan" all night if i had the opportunity

would have been interesting

90 Human Paladin
Funnest 5 hours of WoW ever.
85 Draenei Shaman
No extreme usage of the exploit? I saw people advertising for all ret glad teams, ret stacked heroic rag groups, etc.

No extreme usage my !@#, rofl.

Posted by Zarhym
We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]