It is cool to troll...

90 Human Priest
So one night this hunter trolls a guild in trade chat for 4 solid hours. He attacks the members and the guild constantly during this time, for 4 hours. I get disgusted by this and I report him to blizzard for harassment. Blizzard tells me to put him on ignore. So the lesson learned here is trolling is endorsed by blizzard, go forth and troll.
Imo he should have been banned, as least temporarily, but he was not as he has been on every day since. Anything short of temp banning is full-scale endorsement imo. Enjoy the game if you can,

-Eidos
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/harassment-overview
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/reporting-inappropriate-language

I see no problem with being told to ignore the person. If you don't like what someone is doing ignore them. However just because they told you to use the ignore command and you've seen the person online doesn't mean nothing was done.

Account actions are private and a GM won't tell you what they've done. Its easy to think nothing was done but they could have had a X hour suspension. Or just moved up the penalty volcano without triggering a suspension/ban. Or something else entirely.

Blizzard takes these things seriously but they don't act instantly or in the manner you think they should. But to say they endorsement is as much of a bash/troll as anything.
Edited by Rhorle on 2/2/2012 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What a tool, I cannot believe you just repeated company policy. Are you capable of independent thought? This is old news, everyone knows it. Thank you for your contribution...

-Eidos
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
What is with the hostility? Being told to put someone on ignore is not "endorsement" by blizzard. Its standard policy when someone is doing something you don't like. As ignore stops any and all interaction you have with that person. Yes those that don't have them on ignore can still the stuff but it is still a valid and "non-endorsing" method.

I also explained how they don't tell you what actions are taken and how just seeing someone log on "every day since" isn't indication that nothing was done. If it was indeed old news then you wouldn't have been posting complaints that ignore such "old news".

Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Do you not know what trolling is? At its base, it's just intensive sarcasm where the other party's naivete is taken advantage of. It's not harassment because the intent is not malicious, but humorous. If he's not trolling you via whisper, and just on gchat, then what's the problem? Just put the dude on ignore. Blizz is not going to fix your social problems for you.

And since when has saying to deal with the problem in a way you can easily do "endorsing"? This isn't Occupy Blizzard Harassment Policy, this is "deal with it".
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Why do you hate free speech so much? Are you a communist?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
02/02/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Recitative

There is no "free speech" in WoW (or on the forums). You agree to certain restrictions on what you can say or post when you agree to the ToU (ToS) and EULA.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Was this the same guild that people were offering X amount of gold for the guild to disband?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/02/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Suzume
If he's not trolling you via whisper, and just on gchat, then what's the problem?

Reread the OP. "trolls a guild in trade chat"
Edited by Jagatron on 2/3/2012 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
02/03/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Jagatron
If he's not trolling you via whisper, and just on gchat, then what's the problem?

Reread the OP. "trolls a guild in trade chat"

Ah, well then. That just makes it more insignificant. If Eidos is so sensitive to trolling and people acting like morons, why doesn't he just /leave Trade? Or, gasp, ignore the dude and go on with his life.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Rhorle is actually right. Just because he actually disagrees with your opinion doesn't make him a tool. You should never take anything over trade with legitimacy.

Quit being so sensitive.

Also,

02/02/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Recitative

02/02/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Rhorle
There is no "free speech" in WoW (or on the forums). You agree to certain restrictions on what you can say or post when you agree to the ToU (ToS) and EULA.

Pretty sure he/she was kidding.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Well it seems the trolling was VERY successful. All your doing is feeding him to be honest.

If it bothers you so much, leave trade chat...it's not that hard.Also considering you didn't think of putting them on ignore maybe proves leaving trade would be too hard.

My honest reply is: harden up. WoW is rough in places (no way near as rough as other games like Eve Online for example, that games just brutal to soft players like you seem to be) so you have to either grow a thick skin and weather it, or put them on ignore.

B lizz wasn't endorsing trolling or whatever, it is just their policy. Even if they where taking action they wouldn't tell you due to that also being policy (punishments and actions taken against other players are not told to the reporting player due to privacy etal).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Eidos,

You've become more and more hostile to everyone lately. Guild hopping, rage quiting, angry about people trolling trade? What's up with you, is the question?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Eidos,

You've become more and more hostile to everyone lately. Guild hopping, rage quiting, angry about people trolling trade? What's up with you, is the question?

Things just got more intense.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Eidos,

Menopause is rough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Well it seems the trolling was VERY successful. All your doing is feeding him to be honest.

That is true, given that the person in question even whispered me saying they wanted to post a response in this thread to troll Eidos. Though it seems many more want to head in that direction by seeming to attack Eidos. Its fine to say "grow a thicker skin" as it seems it got to him a little to much but the one always at fault here is the Troll and never the victim.

The issue is really about Blizzard endorsing it or not Endorsing it. Not how much trolling effects you. The answer to Trolling should never be "Just ignore it or accept it". That speaks of advice from trolls that just want to continue to do what they do. You shouldn't let it take you into a frothing rage but it should still make you upset. This thread isn't about trolling, Eidos being to thin skinned, or whatever else people are trying to make it into. But about blizzard giving advice and do things that just lets Trolls go free.
Edited by Rhorle on 2/4/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Troll Shaman

That is true, given that the person in question even whispered me saying they wanted to post a response in this thread to troll Eidos. Though it seems many more want to head in that direction by seeming to attack Eidos. Its fine to say "grow a thicker skin" as it seems it got to him a little to much but the one always at fault here is the Troll and never the victim.

The issue is really about Blizzard endorsing it or not Endorsing it. Not how much trolling effects you. The answer to Trolling should never be "Just ignore it or accept it". That speaks of advice from trolls that just want to continue to do what they do. You shouldn't let it take you into a frothing rage but it should still make you upset. This thread isn't about trolling, Eidos being to thin skinned, or whatever else people are trying to make it into. But about blizzard giving advice and do things that just lets Trolls go free.

As you stated earlier, Blizzard, as a private entity has the right to decide how they deal with people. If you don't like the way they do so you have 2 options the way I see it. You can file a complaint or suggestion to Blizzard directly (They have special forums for that). Or two, you can stop paying 15$ a month to play the damn game. Complaining in the Community Forums is an invitation to be criticized as it neither serves any purpose or is productive. The original post just seems like venting to me. The issue here is really how this doesn't belong in the Hydraxis comunity forum. Eidos is basically saying "Life isnt fair, why the hell is life not fair?" In this case I agree with the other posters that you need to get a thicker skin Eidos, use ignore, make a suggestion/complaint in the PROPER place, or go find a less abusive game.

PS. Eidos how are you any better? Calling someone a tool who is trying to explain something logical to you. You sir are bitter.
Edited by Vasilious on 2/4/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Shaman
So one night this hunter trolls a guild in trade chat for 4 solid hours. He attacks the members and the guild constantly during this time, for 4 hours. I get disgusted by this and I report him to blizzard for harassment. Blizzard tells me to put him on ignore. So the lesson learned here is trolling is endorsed by blizzard, go forth and troll.
Imo he should have been banned, as least temporarily, but he was not as he has been on every day since. Anything short of temp banning is full-scale endorsement imo. Enjoy the game if you can,

-Eidos

Nobody should sit in trade chat and talk smack about a guild or whatever for that long. If he is attacking the guild members and the guild for that long something should be done about it.
Pretty sure the person who did it mouths off in trade pretty regularly, from what I've seen/heard.
Edited by Kymuuli on 2/4/2012 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Nobody should sit in trade chat and talk smack about a guild or whatever for that long. If he is attacking the guild members and the guild for that long something should be done about it.

What are they going to do? Ban someone for having an opinion about another guild? Don't be ridiculous.
Edited by Zaltor on 2/4/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Mage
02/04/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Zaltor
What are they going to do? Ban someone for having an opinion about another guild? Don't be ridiculous.

Yes. You can have an opinion all you like but you aren't allowed to really share it if it is harassing. Making them a butt of a joke a few times sure but for an hour or more? That is crossing the line.

Just because you can share it doesn't mean you should share it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]