IG Harrassment

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure if other RPers here have had issues with players stalking them, following them and interrupting RP, but a player here has been doing that, has been reported repeadedly by numerous players and is still doing the same things over and over. How many tickets musta person put in or repeat the ignore feature to get someone to leave them ad even their friends alone.

This player has not just done this to me but numerous RPers on horde side. Ideas?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Now that they were asked to stop by an officer got another person to whisper the player i was rping with. Lovely.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The key in situations like these is consistency.

For starters, don't contact the person. When he starts doing his thing simply open a ticket and explain that this has been ongoing and that you've reported the person in the past.

Second, put the person on ignore. While I know /ignore can't block you from seeing a person following you around it will show the blues that you are using the game features to deal with this situation.

Have you tried moving your roleplay to another spot? I know there are certain stories that require a particular location and I also understand that this would feel like giving in but there's two things that can happen if you move. The person won't follow you... or the person might. In the event that they do... well it shows they are going out of their way to antagonize you.

Best of luck!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Best bet would be juggling between RP spots instead of one.

Horde has many wonderful RP spots. I remember RP-ing at the Tauren settlement in Thousand Needles before Deathwing decided to take a turd on it.

Might I suggest Tranquillien? Maybe the outpost in the Barrens?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh we moved. And with other players in the past on alts have moved and goptten followed then whispered by player on an alt. In some cases contacting the person's GM/Officer's helps. Others it does not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I currently have someone grieving me and rudely asking me to leave the server because of my racial heritage. I've no idea who the guy is, but the last thing I did to him (few days ago) was simply going /ignore /ignore until my fingers bleed.

The language he use was quite colourful, but I believe he's misinformed about where I descent from.

I know it might sound borkus, but I never get tired using the ignore button. In the end, most people just gave up.

Unless they sound desperate, then I have one more backup plan for you.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I currently have someone grieving me and rudely asking me to leave the server because of my racial heritage. I've no idea who the guy is, but the last thing I did to him (few days ago) was simply going /ignore /ignore until my fingers bleed.

The language he use was quite colourful, but I believe he's misinformed about where I descent from.

I know it might sound borkus, but I never get tired using the ignore button. In the end, most people just gave up.

That is absolutely unacceptable, and should be taken quite seriously. Someone's heritage has NO bearing on their ability to game or RP.
Reply Quote
I love our server but its douchebags like these I would love to see purged from it. Probably just a sixteen year old thinking hes cool ruffling feathers behind a computer screen, wouldn't have the gut's to do it in real life.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That is completely unnacceptable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

That is absolutely unacceptable, and should be taken quite seriously. Someone's heritage has NO bearing on their ability to game or RP.

I was victim of racial abuse before, so been there done that.

Could care less, but Tahirah y'know the person yes? The one who harassed you and your friends I mean.
Edited by Gottfried on 2/9/2012 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
32 Human Priest
Coming straight out of Occupy, I find it just so wonderful to be dealing with these types of issues in a game instead of on the street! I hope for a good solution to this. All I really know how to do, though, is weather it forever and keep on reporting it when applicable. Also, /ignore is a little bit of paradise!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]