Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

90 Gnome Death Knight
ALLIANCE FAQ's

1. Proudmoore is an excellent server to transfer to ( I speak for the alliance faction ).

2. It is one of the most populated servers in WoW.

3. There are players from American, European, Asian and Australian Time zones. So the server never sleeps.

4. Most guilds are GLBT friendly. i.e. [G*y / L*sb*an / B*-S*xual / Tr*nsgender Friendly]

5. Server community is MUCH better than most other wow realm. I think the folks here are teh best, but thats just me.

6. Few trade trolls, but that's not Unique to Proudmoore.

7. GDKP runs going every week.

8. Dozens upon Dozens of successful 10 man pugs happen everyday. [Successful = 8/8 DS]. Heroic modes are also pugged in many cases.

9. Lot of Raid Guilds recruiting. They won't reply on your personal threads on these forums but if you apply on their personal websites or their forum posts, you stand a good chance of being recruited if they need your class and you're as good as you should be.

10. Server (Alliance) Economy is fantastic. Millions of items being traded every month. I estimate the AH trading to be in the range of 100 million gold per month.

11. Few guilds also have PvP going on & RBG teams happening. But it is mostly a carebear server with very little PvP going on. Both factions may might as well have been together.

12. Visit wowprogress. com for server / guild ranking information. For most of Cataclysm ( until DS release ), Proudmoore was 7th in the ranked realms progression list. Due to a bunch of people quitting for swtor, thereby causing a shortage of quality raiders for guilds, we are down to 26th ranking as I write this.

Current Status as on 22nd Oct 2012 (Thanks to Shadowfox - post #192)

Proudmoore PvE
85,260 active alliance toons and 33,800 active horde toons for a total of 125,556.

More specifically

1303 level 90 alliance toons active within the last 30 days and 352 level 90 horde toons active within the last 30 days
Edited by Maxdps on 10/22/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
HORDE FAQ's

Posted by Xaki. Post #19.

While it is nice that Alliance are successful on this server, I might also note that for the server to grow in a healthy fashion, some work needs to be done for Horde, promoting it somewhat to those thinking of transfering here.

For example, in relation to Max's FAQ, Horde side works like this:

1. Proudmoore is an excellent server, however it is an Alliance server in need of a stronger Horde population.

3. There are players from American, European, Asian and Australian Time zones. So the server never sleeps. This is true on both Alliance and Horde.

4. Most guilds are GLBT friendly. i.e. [G*y / L*sb*an / B*-S*xual / Tr*nss*xual Friendly]

5. Server community is MUCH better than most other wow realm. I think the folks here are teh best, but thats just me.

7. GDKP runs going every week on Alliance. GDKP does not tend to exist on Horde.

8. Successful 10 man pugs happen everyday, though primarily on the weekend. [Successful = 6+/8 DS]. Heroic modes are also pugged in some cases.

9. Lot of Raid Guilds recruiting. They won't reply on your personal threads on these forums but if you apply on their personal websites or their forum posts, you stand a good chance of being recruited if they need your class and you're as good as you should be.

10. Server economy is fantastic. Millions of items being traded every month. This is true on both Horde and Alliance.

11. Few guilds also have PvP going on & RBG teams happening, though there is a core of PvP players on both Horde and Alliance.

12. Visit wowprogress. com for server / guild ranking information. For most of Cataclysm ( until DS release ), Proudmoore was 7th in the ranked realms progression list. Due to a bunch of people quitting for swtor, thereby causing a shortage of quality raiders for guilds, we are down to 29th ranking as I write this.

Recently, I've noticed a few guilds and players faction changing--Oceanic guild Vanir, the Sparkle Magic raid team, and word has it a bit of Hug Vendor as well--which is always a personal choice, of course. But I can't help but think that if we're actively encouraging people to come to the server, then some care ought to be given to growing the Horde side, as a balanced player base is a better one.

There are a bunch of long term guilds, Horde side, from the various Taint guilds, to Thorns of Grey, Terror Australis, GoW, Mythical, Undecided, Carpe Jugulum, and more. There's a solid economy, and a solid 24 hour system. Single transfers will find a number of guilds that suit their purpose, and guild transfers will find an open population that will welcome new players to the server, something that has not always been said about Alliance, due to their size.

Anyhow, figured it was worth adding to Max's post. Encouraging both factions helps us all, after all.

Edited by Maxdps on 2/1/2012 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight

I am transferring with much more Gold than the 50,000 gold cap my character can bring with him/her. How do I bring the rest of my gold over ?

You can bring all your gold over 50k transfer limit as TCG Mounts & Vial of the sands. These are high priced items that sell reasonably quick on this realm.

I buy TCG Mounts so you can just pst me in game to see how much I am paying for the mounts you plan to bring over from your realm so you can check if it works for you.

The Gold cap for a Lvl 85 character *transfer* is 50000g 00s 00c.

If you are carrying even 50000g 00s 01c, the transfer will not go through.

Vial of the Sands are a safe bet with stable prices for mats on pretty much all realms.
Edited by Maxdps on 2/1/2012 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
i transferred here last week and could not be happier, it is a whole new game.

my original server was completely dead and felt deserted, the only thing that happened in trade chat was trolling by two large guilds that constantly were negative and rude to anyone else that tried to say/do anything in trade chat.

it is so great to be on a server that feels alive and has people constantly looking for all classes to join their raid/group.

still feeling things out for now but will be looking for a guild for this toon soon, thanx for the info in this thread!
Edited by Trev on 1/31/2012 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
We should all request sticky for this because every week there are new topics on this forum asking the exact same questions that Max just answered here.

Thank you for putting it together.
Edited by Yubari on 1/31/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Dearest Maximillian,

You are still a very sexy man.

Sincerely,

Proudmoore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
bump for sticky
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
are horde allowed to be here
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/31/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Khristy

Proudmoore needs more Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/31/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Namescore

Proudmoore needs more Horde.

No no, the ones we have are bad enough.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Btw, I'm handing out 4 bags and 100g to rerollers on my realm & faction (people who may be on dead realms and don't want to start from absolute scratch ). Just post from your lvl 85 main in my <Inception> thread and let me know the name of your character. I'll be happy to hand the bags and gold to them. <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Been thinking of faction changing lately and was just curious of the going rate on the blue X-51 Nether rocket on alliance? cheers. :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
02/01/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Deathcookie
Been thinking of faction changing lately and was just curious of the going rate on the blue X-51 Nether rocket on alliance? cheers. :)

Sold 1 for 99k on AH last week. <3
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Btw, for my horde friends / realmmates, I can accept gold on my horde banker midniterider and hand you the gold alliance side from Maxdps / Realsteel in a jiffy. Just pst anytime. Glad to help! <3
Edited by Realsteel on 2/1/2012 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There's a button at the top right that says "Request sticky". Click it!

Thanks for writing this, max. :)
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Great FAQ. Stickified requestified.
Edited by Taladon on 2/1/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Great stuff! FOR TEH STICKYYYYYY!
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
Hi, I am thinking of transferring to this realm. I am from Dunemaul, it is like dead on every city i go to. I am will be hitting 85 soon. Are there level/raid guilds, that helps guild to gear up? Also how much does reins of poseidus sells?
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

While it is nice that Alliance are successful on this server, I might also note that for the server to grow in a healthy fashion, some work needs to be done for Horde, promoting it somewhat to those thinking of transfering here.

For example, in relation to Max's FAQ, Horde side works like this:

1. Proudmoore is an excellent server, however it is an Alliance server in need of a stronger Horde population.

3. There are players from American, European, Asian and Australian Time zones. So the server never sleeps. This is true on both Alliance and Horde.

4. Most guilds are GLBT friendly. i.e. [G*y / L*sb*an / B*-S*xual / Tr*nss*xual Friendly]

7. GDKP runs going every week on Alliance. GDKP does not tend to exist on Horde.

8. Successful 10 man pugs happen everyday, though primarily on the weekend. [Successful = 6+/8 DS]. Heroic modes are also pugged in some cases.

10. Server economy is fantastic. Millions of items being traded every month. This is true on both Horde and Alliance.

11. Few guilds also have PvP going on & RBG teams happening, though there is a core of PvP players on both Horde and Alliance.

12. Visit wowprogress. com for server / guild ranking information. For most of Cataclysm ( until DS release ), Proudmoore was 7th in the ranked realms progression list. Due to a bunch of people quitting for swtor, thereby causing a shortage of quality raiders for guilds, we are down to 29th ranking as I write this.

Recently, I've noticed a few guilds and players faction changing--Oceanic guild Vanir, the Sparkle Magic raid team, and word has it a bit of Hug Vendor as well--which is always a personal choice, of course. But I can't help but think that if we're actively encouraging people to come to the server, then some care ought to be given to growing the Horde side, as a balanced player base is a better one.

There are a bunch of long term guilds, Horde side, from the various Taint guilds, to Thorns of Grey, Terror Australis, GoW, Mythical, Undecided, Carpe Jugulum, and more. There's a solid economy, and a solid 24 hour system. Single transfers will find a number of guilds that suit their purpose, and guild transfers will find an open population that will welcome new players to the server, something that has not always been said about Alliance, due to their size.

Anyhow, figured it was worth adding to Max's post. Encouraging both factions helps us all, after all.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Hi, I am thinking of transferring to this realm. I am from Dunemaul, it is like dead on every city i go to. I am will be hitting 85 soon. Are there level/raid guilds, that helps guild to gear up? Also how much does reins of poseidus sells?
Thanks

1. Best thing for a new 85 is to run heroic dungeons with reckless abandon. Get basic gear.

If you're a rich new 85, 100k gold will buy you pretty much every BoE you need for all armor slots.

Alternately, there is a GDKP run every thursdays 8am - 1pm server time where you can grab gear you want.

2. Reins of Poseidus sells for 75k gold~. Please note sells = quick sale. You can have it on AH for months for 99k, but it sells pretty quick for 75k. or slightly less. <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]