Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

90 Draenei Shaman
A good server is worth the cost of a transfer. If you've tested the waters and like it here and it's affordable at all, you should do it. To me, this is the only server that felt like "home". I leveled a toon to 45ish before being sure, then brought my main (this one). Eventually brought all my 80-85's, one every couple months.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Is Maxdps still keeping up with this thread?

And Juju, welcome

12/13/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Muletia
Max is around and lurking but not playing anymore. :(

True dat!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
I've been assigned to transport this thread to the top!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
just xfered here today maybe i should faction change?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
01/31/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Maxdps
ALLIANCE FAQ's

4. Most guilds are GLBT friendly. i.e. [G*y / L*sb*an / B*-S*xual / Tr*nsgender Friendly]

I've heard that Proudmoore is very GLBT friendly, but let me ask a question that I ask in all seriousness, not trolling, not trying to be a smart !@#. How are straight people treated on Proudmoore?

The reason I ask is I did read of a very real court case where a Proudmoore guild did sue Blizzard over wanting to make a Gay exclusive guild which went against Blizzard's policies. The court decided in favor of the guild which is why it has such a large Gay community today. Having said that I don't really care if a guild doesn't want to include me because I'm straight. I want to be where I'm wanted.

I don't care what someone's sexual orientation, religious and political beliefs are. While I may have a civil and respectful discussion with a friend(s) on controversial topics I don't throw my views in anyone's face and I expect the same courtesy in return. I'm here to play WoW with friendly people who I hope I can call my friends.
Edited by ßadmoon on 1/4/2013 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/04/2013 04:31 PMPosted by ßadmoon
How are straight people treated on Proudmoore?

People treat others differently based on sexual orientation? Weird!

From what I've seen people mostly treat others as people - which is what we all should be doing - regardless of their orientation. I've been here 8 years and have never found me being "straight" (if you want to put a label on it) to have had any bearing on how I've been treated by anybody on Proudmoore.
Edited by Muletia on 1/4/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
01/04/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Muletia
How are straight people treated on Proudmoore?

People treat others differently based on sexual orientation? Weird!

From what I've seen people mostly treat others as people - which is what we all should be doing - regardless of their orientation. I've been here 8 years and have never found me being "straight" (if you want to put a label on it) to have had any bearing on how I've been treated by anybody on Proudmoore.

Thank you, that's the answer I was hoping for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
** BUMP ** for teh truth!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hi, I'm looking to transfer one of my characters off Winterhoof and I'm just looking to find answers to my questions. I'm considering the move because my realm's activity and population have languished since Firelands - including the late-night and PuG community which I sorely miss.

I've rolled an alt here I sometimes play, and I just like the activity level when it comes to Trade chat and there always seem to be groups LFM at all hours. I know PuG's are kind of random, but is there a such thing as a 'typical' PuG on this realm and how far does they go? I constantly see MV, HoF, and sometimes ToES forming, so I'm primarily concerned with how successful these groups are.

Also, how busy are server queues after patches - especially when new content is released?
Edited by Glance on 2/6/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/06/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Glance
Also, how busy are server queues after patches - especially when new content is released?

We used to only ever have queues after expansions were released, however there was no queue with MoP and truth be told, I haven't seen a queue since Cataclysm was released.

Being in NZ I normally get home and plug in around 7p-8p PST (pretty much peak US time) and there are no queues to be seen.
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Warrior
Please to be covered in one-thousand kisses if I transfer? I don't have much baggage to lay at your feet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've been thinking about transferring over, as most of the people on my server either have gone or are complete.... not so nice people :|. I'll likely transfer over when i hit 90, if not before for epic raids, and stuff, and of course so i can heal all of you!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I'm thinking of transfering to Proudmoore (Alliance). My main concern is that it might be hard to find people to arena / RBG with to get conquest capped each week. I'm not all that serious about PvP this time around (probably not going for rating), but I'd still like to get capped each week. I'm currently on Frostwolf (Alliance), which is a Medium population, Horde dominated server, so you don't have too much to compete with, LOL. I figure Proudmoore, being a Full population, Alliance dominated server, might even be easier to find people to PvP with than on Frostwolf, despite it's status as a PvE (Normal) server.

P.S. My main reasons for transfering would be that the server I'm currently on is pretty much dead now (at least on Alliance side), and that I'm getting really sick of being on a PvP server. The only reason I rolled on a PvP server when I started playing back in Vanilla (Classic) was that I had RL friends playing on Frostwolf Alliance. Friends who quit playing or server transfered years ago. And it's even more aggravating now due to CRZs. I can't even go to Halfhill to pick up dailies anymore without being attacked in town by Horde (who just run into their personal farm as soon as the guards come). And so the idea of being on a PvE server, where you can actually unflag yourself from World PvP, is becoming more appealing every day. [Not that I don't love PvP; I'd just rather do it in an Arena or Battleground than while I'm fishing/surveying/questing/doing dailies, etc...]

P.P.S. A third, less significant (but still relevant) reason would be that I've heard it has a more friendly player base than your typical server. Which sounds great, because one thing that's always bothered me about this game (and every other online game) is the shear amount of trolling / harassment / name calling / mean behavior that I witness every day from certain players towards other players. I'm more of a live-and-let-live, and love-your-fellow-man type of person, and I think I'm also more susceptible to negative energy than your typical person. I realize that there will still be some of that on any server, but even if it's just 'better than most', that still sounds like a nice step up from your typical server.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post. Any opinions and/or feedback you guys could offer would be much appreciated. And I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
-Cyhyraeth
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
You can cap on Proudmoore but almost every single person who gets 2k+ easily has left for greener pastures; There are still a few of them but they're very rare.
I'm not going to lie about it.

I see people asking to cap in trade all the time and I do want to try and step PvP up on the server next patch through maybe some events.

World PvP at the moment is rare.
Sometimes I'll flag up while doing failies and I'll have somebody attack me. Sometimes. Usually it's just Birdy though.

The attitudes on Proudmoore /are/ great though outside just a couple of people;
Who are very obvious and nobody likes them anyways. I'm probably one of them.
:P

We are extremely tight-knit and generally the twits who cause problems either through greifing or trolling don't fully get away with it. I've heard some stories recently about how somebody whose been greifing multiple people on the server started getting declined from pugs and guild invites.
You don't see a community stick up for themselves like this very often anymore.
If you're kind and respectful - Even just keeping to yourself; You'll be returned the favor and people will return that attitude.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Pffffffffffft! :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/10/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Schwert
World PvP at the moment is rare.

Attacking Stormwind doesn't count? :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Pffffffffffft! :p

Stop farting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/10/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Schwert
Stop farting.

But I had curry for lunch .. I can't help it. :(
Reply Quote
42 Human Paladin
I have been using this toon to see if I wanted to transfer my two alliance 85s over from their server. It is a med/low server and my horde server is a high Med I believe. I really wanted to experience a full/high server for my Alliance toons. For, $50.00 I wa t to make sure this is the best choice for me. One of my main reasons for having this server in the mix is because I heard it is LGBT friendly but that doesn't apply to me...not at all. I haven't really noticed anything to the contrary yet (yes, I have been to Goldshire and that doesn't count although the auctioning of toons is kind of hilarious to me) Other than going on trade or something asking about LGBT guilds (which I am sure is a big no-no) how can I find out?

I have been checking out Moon Guard also as I have been curious about being in character all the time which I haven't done yet. I'm not really into the whole ERP thing but I am pretty good at improvising and creating backstory (aspiring novelist) and an interesting guild/RP storyline intrigues me. Does that happen on this server at all? If it does then I don't need to loo kany further.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]