Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

85 Night Elf Hunter
I figure alliance out numbers Horde 10 to 1, mostly because most of us have 1 toon that is Horde just to peek over the fence.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
:< That's depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I miss being horde

loktar ogar
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
*Sigh* This is going to bother me for the next few weeks if I don't do anything about it.

As I told someone, when I hopped over on Alliance it seemed like I was actually playing an MMO. Y'know, seeing people talking with each other and going out into questing areas to see players of my own faction there actually questing(which is nice, since I switched over from a PvP server and the only people from factions I saw were gankers).

Yet I've always been Horde at heart. I prefer their aesthetics to those of the Alliance. However, I'd much rather see other players out there (besides on the IoT, and that doesn't count) and actually be able to interact with them. I love the Horde, but it just seems very quiet on that side.

e.e Choices are difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Y'know, truth is Horde won't change unless people want it to do so.

The Horde side of this server is quiet compared to Alliance, but it isn't awful. It has a number of guilds, American, Australian and Japanese. Instead of complaining, perhaps people ought to be encouraged to drift over, try it out, rather than continually be told that it's not worth it.

I can't imagine the latter statement helps anyone, Horde or Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well if Horde posters are going to act condescending, of course they won't stick around. *Cough*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
He has a point though. Being Horde on this server will never be seen as a viable option when people are constantly told to either go Alliance or find a different server. If we want people to continue to want to come here, we need to stop writing off one faction as dead or boring.

A strong Horde population will breed a strong Alliance population.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I see a few threads of people asking about this realm, so BUMP! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yar- new rollers or transfers to the server, please check out the Horde side! We love new people and you will be helping Proudmoore become a stronger server in general by strengthening our side.

Plus tauren are just sexy. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yar- new rollers or transfers to the server, please check out the Horde side! We love new people and you will be helping Proudmoore become a stronger server in general by strengthening our side.

We have pie and cookies.

The horde have steak.
Reply Quote
The horde have me. That's enough reason to come over. (I took all the punch, pie, and cookies from the gnome-lovers.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

We have pie and cookies.

The horde have steak.

Who doesn't love steak? :|
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight

We have pie and cookies.

The horde have steak.

Who doesn't love steak? :|

I loved my stake in the AH back in teh day!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm a protection paladin and im getting REALLY into PvE tanking been thinking of switching off my server for awhile (Dunemaul-US) .. my server right now is GARBAGE and i want to leave.. think this server would be good?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm a protection paladin and im getting REALLY into PvE tanking been thinking of switching off my server for awhile (Dunemaul-US) .. my server right now is GARBAGE and i want to leave.. think this server would be good?

Absolutely GOOD... everyday of the week!

...TWICE as GOOD on Sunday!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

We're greeeaaat.

Roll alts on both Horde and Alliance side- check out the Looking for Guild tool for postings that catch your eye. Both sides have great guilds with a variety of raid schedules. :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
So I transferred and faction change from alliance Azuremyst US, and it was no other reason to play on the same server as my friend. After spending quite a bit of time playing this xpac I've already meet tons of awesome people and I'm really enjoying running old content for xmog with all teh randoms!

However, I do agree that the horde side is some what lacking and I encourage alliance members to level a horde alt, especially with patch 5.3 right around the corner where they are reducing the exp between 85 - 90 by a MASSIVE 33%! Horde has great guilds we even have the server first guild! with a whole bunch of people not raiding or looking for raid teams now would be a perfect time for you to complete your dream of running a raid team!

If you're into playing the auction house, the horde market is still VERY nice with reasonable pricing, EXCEPT THOSE STUPID FLASKS AND ENCHANTS >.<, lol aside from my personal problems with the auction house everything else seems to be fine, nothing is too over priced and if you manage to gather all the mats there are always plenty of people with recipes just waiting in trade!

Hordies have my <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I see a few threads of people asking about this realm, so BUMP! :D

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Thank you for this post. My guild is scouting realms now, leaving a dying one. Our main concern with a "Full" realm like this is latency and login queue times.

How often is there a wait time to log in, and how long do you normally have to wait?

Does the server ever crash/become unplayable during large world boss kills?

Does the high population affect players' latency in instanced 10-man raids?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
How often is there a wait time to log in, and how long do you normally have to wait?

There's been no wait for awhile.

Does the server ever crash/become unplayable during large world boss kills?

Maybe with a low quality computer with high settings, otherwise you should be fine.

Does the high population affect players' latency in instanced 10-man raids?

My latency is always the same, either in world, or a 40 man BG, or LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]