Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

90 Draenei Shaman
Does the server ever crash/become unplayable during large world boss kills?

Maybe with a low quality computer with high settings, otherwise you should be fine.

I can vouch for this as someone with a pretty low end laptop lol
Only time I've ever crashed was Oondasta on like the 2nd time he spawned, when there would still be like 6-7 raid groups or whatever beating on him.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
<3 to Proudmoore!!
Reply Quote
57 Worgen Priest
Has anyone transferred to Proudmoore from Lightbringer?

I am a brand new WoW player and loving the game so far. I picked LB because it was high pop and close to my physical location but had I known of Proudmoore's outstanding rep I would have started there instead.

I was just wondering if the difference between the two would justify the transfer fee.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
How many people on this server are in California? I know this server is linked to a Los Angeles data center so just curious how many, if any are in California.
Reply Quote
@Jastien
I used to live in California, it was great till I moved. Do you live there yourself?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
@Birdy
Yeah, I live in California now because of the military, but originally from Texas. In San Diego county atm.
Reply Quote
He has a point though. Being Horde on this server will never be seen as a viable option when people are constantly told to either go Alliance or find a different server. If we want people to continue to want to come here, we need to stop writing off one faction as dead or boring.

A strong Horde population will breed a strong Alliance population.

I know this post is a lil old, but it's a really good point :o

Horde side may be small, but it has some solid raiding guilds, and our guild is hoping to build up a solid pvp scene too
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
this thread needs more Birdy
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Is there a page that lists guilds recruiting? Im looking for a guild but to make friends not to increase some GMs pockets.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I am SO glad Blizz is hurting, for 2 reasons.

1. They finally had to bend over for this. I've lost countless friends over 5 years because they couldn't afford the transfer and faction change fee.

2. So many of you can come over to proudmoore and/or faction change to alliance for half the price now! :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158003/This_Week_Only%E2%80%94All_Character_Services_50_Off-6_4_2013

....Welcome to Proudmoore! <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Dear Proudmoore,

I'm thinking about coming over from Mug'thol. I made a character here tonight and ran to SW. For the first time in 3 months, I saw other alliance players. Your AH has more than 1500 items. If I get in now, will I be seeing a queue at the end of the week? I transferred other characters to Mug'thol when it opened back in vanilla (my only two at the time), and the 2nd night our queue was 2500+. I want to play on a living server, but I want to play.

- Lachises
Reply Quote
Haven't seen queues in ever, so you should be fine. Welcome if you come!

this thread needs more Birdy

Or more people wanting to join Proudmoore! :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
06/04/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Birdy
Haven't seen queues in ever, so you should be fine. Welcome if you come!

Yeah, haven't seen a queue since Cataclysm release.

Hopefully the current half price character services promotion doesn't cause us to have queues because I'll be grumpy if it does ..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm thinking about faction changing to Alliance. Horde has its positives on this server as I've noticed it's kind of a tight knit group and I've met a lot of cool people and see similar faces all the time.

However, it is a pain to get a group going, as Alliance usually tags everything first or gets a group together before us. Just looking at Nalak you always see Alliance hanging around ready to kill, Horde maybe once or twice a day (just my observations). Also, there is hardly anything going on in trade chat and what not. There seems to be a lot of dead times too when areas feel like ghost towns. Just Alliance everywhere and hardly any Horde.

Being horde on this server feels lonely sometimes. I've also had massive problems trying to find reliable people to raid with. As much I hate alliance (mostly because imo orgrimmar > stormwind :p), I've been thinking about jumping ship. Which is sad because the Horde side really needs players.
Edited by Neendrah on 6/5/2013 4:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hi Neendrah- I too am a loyal Horde fan ( specifically Proudmoore Horde!) and I would hate to have to faction change. Regarding Nalak and the other world bosses, when I seek groups for them from tuesday- friday, I seldom have much of an issue fielding people to do it. On our side, it seems the Sat-Mon time frame is harder, I suspect our low pop coupled with the fact that most people have probably finished them. I actually enjoy trade being sparse, but I came here ages ago from Sargeras Alliance and that trade scarcely stopped scrolling. I did notice that your Guild is rather on the small side- I'm not sure how active the individuals are at the times you play but have you thought about switching Guilds to see if you're able to meet/group with more Proudmoore Hordies? :o
Reply Quote
82 Human Warrior
Hey sorry to bother you guys but after reading this post and searching through the Proudmore forums I decided to transfer over here during the deal and after reading maxdps's FAQ, but I have a question. I have a corrupted hippogryph sell for on this server? I have one that I luckily got through buying a random booster pack while picking up a game at game stop.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Hi Neendrah- I too am a loyal Horde fan ( specifically Proudmoore Horde!) and I would hate to have to faction change. Regarding Nalak and the other world bosses, when I seek groups for them from tuesday- friday, I seldom have much of an issue fielding people to do it. On our side, it seems the Sat-Mon time frame is harder, I suspect our low pop coupled with the fact that most people have probably finished them. I actually enjoy trade being sparse, but I came here ages ago from Sargeras Alliance and that trade scarcely stopped scrolling. I did notice that your Guild is rather on the small side- I'm not sure how active the individuals are at the times you play but have you thought about switching Guilds to see if you're able to meet/group with more Proudmoore Hordies? :o

Hey Caswyn (I've seen you around! :p), yeah faction changing is my last resort. I really love being Horde, perhaps I would be better off switching servers ha. Anyway, yeah I have considered looking for another guild, but it seems like the established guilds are already established and not looking for new people to be in their main lineup I guess and the other guilds are struggling to find reliable people that stick around. That's just the feeling that I get, I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I just want to be in a guild that does stuff, like has stuff on their calendar and people actually show up. I don't even care if we are running Ragefire Chasm as level 90, it's all fun to me. The guild I am in now, I am afraid is slowly disappearing. The guild leaders recently said they are fed up as well and are switching to another server and guild. I was asked to come along, but I'm undecided as I really do like the community on Proudmoore. Anyway, they made me guild master and are basically leaving by the end of the week. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with this guild, but whatever. lol
Edited by Neendrah on 6/6/2013 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Heyyy Neendrah - I think everyone has seen me, I'm kinda a biiiiiiggg..wall of fur. With a pet balloon! Anyway. Your wants are all very valid and definitely doable on Horde side I bet! I'm at work till 4ish EST (if you couldn't tell ;p) and so I won't be able to catch you on Battletags till later ( mine is Sifner#1975) - if you've got the free time and pop onto my Guild website (rebound.enjin.com) there's the ability to chat if you register to the site. We can gossip and throw around some ideas maybe ( in between my clearly huge workload.)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
No reason why our hordies shouldn't have *one* alliance character to raid with! <3

At least in terms of Auction House sales, I usually sold 30-40 items on alliance daily, compared to 2-4 items a week on hordeside - prices being same. My crafted equipment sales in Cataclysm alone were 35 mil + ally side, 1 mil hordeside.

Just sayin'. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Transferring this Pally as soon as my alt Mage's AH stuff sells (or not). Going to get my Ally Worgen to a capital city asap to send him all the g and stuff from my pally then i'm rerolling my pally to start over with his name. It kind of sucks that I'll be leaving a good guild ... But i like Proudmoore from the little that I tried it. Want to join a really good Ally guild though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]