Transferring to Proudmoore? FAQ thread.

100 Gnome Death Knight

I'll most likely be bringing with me a 4/5 set of Shadowmourne items as well. No idea how well these things sell over this way but I'd imagine there's more of an economy going around just by skimming the AH~

Thanks guys! <3

If you wanna sell the lot as a package, pst me. <3
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
HOCRAPWALLOFTEXT

I've been considering coming to Proudmoore from the string of RP servers I've been playing on after a very close in-game friend of mine told me about the server.
I put it over my head since I wanted to remain on RP servers for the "community" but I've found it to be very cliquey and almost back-stabby in the mass with the gems pretty much buried or quitting because of it as of late.

After realizing I'm actualy doing quite decently in PvE I decided I wanted to step my game up - and RP servers will never offer me the opportunity to complete a tier while it's current content. If my current guild falls through I know for a fact I'll be leaving my current server for good as there's really nowhere else for me to go as this class.

However-
I'm extremely shy and have massive anxiety over people. I'm unsure about transferring a fourth time because well - I've already put a lot of money into realm transfers. If I do transfer here I'd also want to go back to my roots of being Alliance on my main if I can afford it. [[I'd bring horde alts over! Eep!]]

I'd just like to be able to chat with people from the realm if at all possible as a level 1 alt strolling around Stormwind really doesn't get you meeting people.
Trade chat seemed friendly enough when I asked about the server but the same thing happened with my past 2 realms - And they didn't turn out to be as good as I thought.

I previously played in an rp-pvp server and an rp pve server before I finally settled down in Proudmoore. I find that a lot of rpiers are very 'forcing' when it comes of how others should rp.

Old habits are hard to die, so I do rp randomly in orgrimmar with just about anyone. If you see me in orgrimmar, feel free to be in character XD
Edited by Barracuda on 3/1/2012 4:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

I'll most likely be bringing with me a 4/5 set of Shadowmourne items as well. No idea how well these things sell over this way but I'd imagine there's more of an economy going around just by skimming the AH~

Thanks guys! <3

If you wanna sell the lot as a package, pst me. <3

I will be interested in the Sylvanas' Music Box if that's part of it. Talk to me when you are here and we can maybe get a deal.

I am usually on this toon or on my alts Raliant/Lucai/Winnfield. Or talk to Max, he knows that I want that item :D
Edited by Yubari on 3/1/2012 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Yes, this is not a PVP realm. It is true that there is not that much going on world PVP wise.
There are some people running rated BGs and stuff but if PVP is the main reason you come to a server this might not be the place for you.

I can't agree with "Not a lot of friendly people either" though. You just must have met the wrong people.
Edited by Yubari on 3/1/2012 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Well...
After a teary goodbye with my current guild my faction change was done.
We finished off Deathwing and got H-Ultrax to like...5%. They'll get it next week for sure - I know they can.

Now waiting to see if I can get my current named cleared up before the transfer.

...except I bugged and "lol name flagged" on the realm I'm still on. Boo.
See you guys tomorrow hopefully.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
03/01/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Starthug
Terrible realm for getting PVP achivs

No world pvp.

Barely any pvp

Plays on a PVE server, expects thriving PVP.
Reply Quote
18 Night Elf Rogue
I know right ... Smart ... very
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Possibly Xferring my horde toons to a new server. One concern I have is farming on a High pop server. How difficult is it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

I've never found it difficult on the off or on peak times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
03/03/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Peajay
Possibly Xferring my horde toons to a new server. One concern I have is farming on a High pop server. How difficult is it?

You don't have to, we have enough bots here again ;)

Prices for mats are pretty low on this server right now. Once you found out when they go up and when they go down and you found out the same thing for crafted items...you might stop farming.

Besides that I can agree with Xaki. I used to farm a bit mainly to lvl farming professions on alts (even though I never really use them but it's ueseful for the first day after new content hit) and it's not that difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sticky....now! (please?) :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Welp. Almost off the front page!
Reply Quote
28 Blood Elf Hunter
Ecomomy question. Just made an Alliance char on Proundmoore and saw how low copper ore/ low level herbs/ leather was on here. How do you make gold as a lowbie? I saw that there is a good variation in prices, so freat for me to buy and sell, but I need a gold base to do that first. Any help?
Reply Quote
I appreciate this thread and requested a sticky. Thinking of a transfer and faction change myself.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Guys and gals. After reading most of this thread, I am sold! I hope to be transferring by weeks end! Hope to meet you all soon!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Worth noting:

Most progression raid guilds on Horde-side are 10 mans. Dunder Mifflin is the only serious 25 man progression guild with this faction. There are plenty of heroic progression 10 mans that could use quality players to optimize their raid composition and a number of guilds that have just started heroic progression!

(Also DM is always on the lookout for dedicated 25 man oriented raiders! :3 )
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Shaman
Hello!
I have been considering transfering to Proudmoore.
Would someone mind linking some of the LGBT guilds (more so L) for horde?

Greatly Appreciate it =D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Does anyone have any idea about my chances as a derp knight transferring here? I haven't done Cata raids as I just began playing again, but I -honestly- play the class well and make a good tank; I learn fast and study fights ahead of time. I'm also working on my DPS set, which is...roughly halfway done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]