64-bit & Validation issues.

85 Draenei Shaman
After downloading the files needed for the 64-bit, when I go to log into the game I receive this error message: unable to validate game version. I checked my computer for any malware and viruses afterward, and all was a-okay. I deleted the 64-bit files and WoW no longer had this issue, allowing me to log onto my character. But when I re-downloaded those files once more, same thing happened.

Could it be I'm doing something incorrectly?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I am also receiving the same error and have followed the above steps to no avail.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The 64 Bit client has a bug which they are fixing, plus they need to have the login servers accept the 64 bit client. Be patient...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
No, just typical blizzard derping.

Launching things before they're actually ready.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The 64 bit client for the live realms isn't ready to be used yet. For now, set the game to use the 32 bit client. This is done in the Game Preferences in the Launcher under Options at the top left of the Launcher screen.

Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The 64 bit client for the live realms isn't ready to be used yet. For now, set the game to use the 32 bit client. This is done in the Game Preferences in the Launcher under Options at the top left of the Launcher screen.

Can you elaborate as to whether or not this will be fixed soon? or just whenever the coder sobers up?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
so does this mean that it might be available to download (64bit client ) today ?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Alright. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
If he codes worse than you play, I'd be worried.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
they pulled the download link from the sticky. Heres the link to the sticky that they will post updats on about the 64bit client
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988229598
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
So helpful. Thank you very much!
Reply Quote
Launch 32-Bit client is gray and wont let me de-select it? any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/31/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Blide
Launch 32-Bit client is gray and wont let me de-select it? any suggestions?

Nothing to suggest right now. De-selecting it would be getting to 64-bit, and you probably don't have that. Not to mention that it isn't ready yet, so there's no need to worry.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Rogue
Do they have an ETA yet?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]