World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
*Updated for patch 4.3.4*

A 64-bit client is once again available for use with Patch 4.3.4. Before being able to launch WoW in 64-bit mode you will need to download the 64-bit client for PC/Mac (using one of the links below), and unzip it into your World of Warcraft directory. Once you extract the files you can start the 64-bit client by opening the Launcher as normal (Run as Administrator if applicable). To switch back to the 32-bit client, go into Options -> Game Preferences, and check the Launch 32-bit client setting. The game will display which version you are using at the bottom left hand corner of the login screen. ex: Version 4.3.4 (15595) (Release x64)

Build 4.3.4.15595 - http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/wow-installers/live/WoWLive-64-Win-15595.zip" class="bml-link-url2">Windows</a> - http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/wow-installers/live/WoWLive-64-Mac-15595.zip" class="bml-link-url2">Mac</a>

**Important things to keep in mind**
  • The 64-bit client is being distributed separately from the Retail version as it is not yet supported for use with World of Warcraft.
  • Launching the game in 64-bit mode can only be done after patching the game to version 4.3.3, downloading and extracting the necessary files.
  • The game’s built in voice chat does not currently work when using the 64-bit client.
  • [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the in-game movie recording functionality.
  • [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client iTunes' Remote feature does not work at the present time.
  • [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the customized LCD display for the Logitech G15 series of keyboards.
  • [Mac] The 64-bit Mac client is currently not supported on 10.5 systems. You will need 10.6.8 or later for this version.
  • Additional System Requirements:

Windows XP Professional “x64 Edition” / 64-bit Windows Vista / 64-bit Windows 7 (latest service packs).Mac OS 10.6.8 or newer. Mac Computer with Core 2 Duo or better2 GB or more of RAM.

If you encounter any issues while using the 64-bit version, please report your findings in this thread and return to using the 32-bit executable. In order to facilitate support when contacting Technical Support, please inform them if you are using the 64 bit client.

To remove the 64-bit client completely, delete the following files from your World of Warcraft folder:

Windows
    Battle.net-64.dll
    MovieProxy.exe
    WoW-64.exe

Mac
    World of Warcraft-64.app

Additional Information:

How to tell if you have a 64-bit operating system:
    Windows: <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218/
    Mac: <a href="http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4287
    Edited by Gakonzus on 8/28/2012 2:26 PM PDT
    90 Draenei Priest
    As I mentioned in the last thread, I've seen definite improvements on this system. 4 GB RAM + 1 GB Video RAM.

I can run ultra in Stormwind flying around at 24-30 fps, which was not possible before.
    The biggest improvement to a single setting seems to be shadows.
    It's popping over 100 fps in some locations at my usual settings, which has just never happened.

Load times are improved.

I even ran both clients simultaneously on the same machine (just to mess around/test) and lifegripped my DK all over SW, with no problems at all.

I only need to fix my resolution when I switch between the two clients. I use the launcher and it seems to remember the resolution as long as I don't switch back to the 32-bit client. Still, it probably shouldn't mess with that setting when you switch clients.

@Justicar: If you did not have the 64-bit client you would have no option at all to uncheck the "launch 32-bit client" option. So go ahead and leave it unchecked and log in, it means you have and will be using the 64-bit client.
    Edited by Tiakatt on 2/1/2012 9:13 AM PST
    Hi, my video settings seem to be reseting to low when I launch the game. I'd rather not have to manually reset them every time.

I am running the game as administrator.
    Edited by Macnessa on 2/1/2012 9:07 AM PST
    85 Night Elf Druid
    So, I tried to change the resolution in game and it crashed.
    Hi, my video settings seem to be reseting to low when I launch the game. I'd rather not have to manually reset them every time.

I am running the game as administrator.

I fixed it, I had to apply the administrator option to the wow-64 application along with the launcher.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]