World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

(Locked)

100 Tauren Druid
What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.

Intel Core i7-2630QM
64-bit Op System
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
4 Gigs of RAM

You have integrated graphics, there is your issue, you should really consider buying a video card.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I am currently still unable to log in. I followed the instructions provided by the OP, but the game load is unbearably slow and I am being prompted to accept the EULA and TOU. My game locks up when either scrolling down to allow the accept or after hitting it, depending on which attempt I was on. I tried 3 times and was unable to even get to where i can change settings and log in. After waiting a full 5 minutes for the agreements to release to that point I am finally forced to hard reboot my system using the power button because it will not even let me out of it through any keyboard entry to get to task manager or my start menu.

For reference I am running Win 7 Pro 64, and up until this optimization and patch was running beautifully. Right now I'm on day 2 of not being able to log in and play.
100 Human Paladin
well people say this is a minor upgrade but i went from 30-40 fps in sw to a solid 50-65fps , im LFR right now just did zonazz and never dropped below 50 fps this is very nice before i could get down to 20-25 ) , some places im running 100 plus now so very nice minor upgrade! I run at high setting
100 Tauren Druid
02/01/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Justicär
well people say this is a minor upgrade but i went from 30-40 fps in sw to a solid 50-65fps , im LFR right now just did zonazz and never dropped below 50 fps this is very nice before i could get down to 20-25 ) , some places im running 100 plus now so very nice minor upgrade! I run at high setting

Sweet!
100 Human Warrior
Works perfect for me, keybinds on mouse work too. Getting a constant 49 fps from my usual 19 in stormwind.
85 Orc Death Knight
For some reason the 64bit one is dropping my framerate to about 10.

32bit version is 60 and above, everything on Ultra (aside for Shadows on Fair).

Running WoW as Admin, from Program Files (not Program Files x86).

Same issue here. Using the 64bit version absolutely kills my framerate, now back to using the 32bit one.

What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.

I'm using a 2 week old Alienware M14x with 3.4 GHz i7, 6 GB or ram, 3 GB nvidia video card. I have 60 fps, vertical sync is on, with 32-bit client and go down to about 20 fps when I use the 64-bit client. All settings are on Ultra except shadows which is fair, resolution is maxed, Directx 11. I have not yet deleted the config file in WTF which was suggested by another poster. I shall try that when I get a chance.

Thanks
Edited by Xnath on 2/1/2012 9:51 AM PST
85 Gnome Warlock
I don't think I've seen any speed increases like others have. Load times and FPS sitting in SW seem the same to me. I'll see if there is any improvement in raids later.
85 Draenei Paladin
There was an error logging in. Please try again later. What do?
90 Draenei Priest
I am currently still unable to log in. I followed the instructions provided by the OP, but the game load is unbearably slow and I am being prompted to accept the EULA and TOU. My game locks up when either scrolling down to allow the accept or after hitting it, depending on which attempt I was on. I tried 3 times and was unable to even get to where i can change settings and log in. After waiting a full 5 minutes for the agreements to release to that point I am finally forced to hard reboot my system using the power button because it will not even let me out of it through any keyboard entry to get to task manager or my start menu.

For reference I am running Win 7 Pro 64, and up until this optimization and patch was running beautifully. Right now I'm on day 2 of not being able to log in and play.

Ouch. It doesn't sound like your problems have anything to do with the 64-bit client, though, as your problems coincide with patch installation. I think there are some other threads around about issues like yours.
Edited by Tiakatt on 2/1/2012 9:53 AM PST
91 Worgen Druid
02/01/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Gotnorice
It's true that WoW now has the ability to use more than 4GB, but in reality you will almost NEVER see it using more than 1.5-2GB.

WoW has had this ability since 4.1. Running the 64-bit client will still be a benefit however.
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Intel Core i7-2630QM
64-bit Op System
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
4 Gigs of RAM

You have integrated graphics, there is your issue, you should really consider buying a video card.

As I said, I can run WoW everything maxed out with 100 framerate in places like Deepholm, never below 30 (everything on Ultra).

I run Skyrim on High (not Ultra High) with about 40 - 60 FPS.

I really really don't think my graphic card is the issue.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
To the CM that started this thread:

I would up those minimum requirements for RAM in OS X to 6 GB minimum. The 64-bit client is easily going to eat 3 GB RAM on its own, and you still have the kernel and any loaded extensions + Finder to deal with.

As for testing, I did notice that loading (and exiting) were significantly faster in the 64-bit client compared to the 32-bit client, and I'm on the original Mac Pro meaning I'm in 32-bit Kernel mode and not even fully 64-bit compliant (I could boot 64-bit Kernel Mode if I really wanted to by dealing with the Chameleon bootloader, but meh, too much hassle).

A note to anybody using USB Overdrive or Steermouse: You'll need to duplicate your WoW settings and point the new duplicated settings to the World of Warcraft-64 app, otherwise you'll be without your peripherals when using the 64-bit client.
90 Human Warlock
02/01/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Taggs
After I installed, I was not able to use my mouse keybindings. Uninstalled until that issue is fixed. I live and breathe with my mouse.

What mouse are you trying to use?
90 Human Warlock
02/01/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Blackendmoon
i can log into char screen but once go to the world i get the runtime error program c:\world of warcraft\wow-64.exe r6025 - pure vitual function call

Can you post the crash log it generated?
70 Goblin Shaman
Can't log-in using the 64bit client. I just get a generic error during login message.

edit: seems like redownloading the client fixed it.
Edited by Rocketjump on 2/1/2012 9:59 AM PST
40 Human Priest
Mine works fine, one thing i noticed is if you use the option dropdown in the launcher it revers your resolution to 800x600, if you dont touch it (32 bit isnt checked anyways) it stays as it should.

I dont notice any FPS increases (then again, im aleady at 150+) but i think i do notice load screen times, i dont think i need a SSD now lolz.
85 Draenei Paladin
Same problem here =( it's like it doesn't even try
85 Undead Warrior
Anyone else incapable of using AddOns with the 64-bit version?
85 Orc Death Knight

As I said, I can run WoW everything maxed out with 100 framerate in places like Deepholm, never below 30 (everything on Ultra).

I run Skyrim on High (not Ultra High) with about 40 - 60 FPS.

I really really don't think my graphic card is the issue.

The Nvidia control panel allows you to select various options for different applications. I was looking around the other night, before any 64-bit client was available, and remember seeing options for something like the video card, hybrid, and integrated. Maybe for some of us the 64-bit client it choosing integrated or hybrid by default and we need to go in and switch it to the video card or hybrid, just don't use integrated only. I'm not at my gaming computer now to try it. I think it might be worth a shot though. If someone does try it before I can, please post the results.

Thanks
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]