World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

(Locked)

90 Draenei Priest
What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.

Have yet to try the 64 client, but I have

Quad core AMD Phenom II 940
4 GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti

The game is behaving like it did when I first got my vid card 2 months ago. I initially had Directx 9 flagged. When I checked Directx 11, suddenly my fps shot up to 60 (I have it capped) and has been there until this patch. Now I get 45 if I stand still in a room. Running outside drops to <10 fps.

You may want to make a thread for your problem so a Blue can potentially help you out. As you haven't tried the 64-bit client (and thus your problems are unrelated), this thread is unlikely to be of help to you.
90 Draenei Priest
When attempting to launch x64, i receive an error stating the versions dont match. Anyone know what this is?....running latest patch 4.3.2, and downloaded and extracted into my ptr folder.

Don't put it in your PTR folder, the PTR is no longer running. Go ahead and put the files linked in the first post into your regular WoW folder.

I really wish this would ever quote properly for me. Doesn't matter if I highlight and quote or if I hit the quote-entire-post button. It almost never identifies the poster. And if, on rare occasion, it does manage to do so...if I edit the post at all it removes that info. Sometimes I can't even get it to work by adding that info manually. Annoying.
Edited by Tiakatt on 2/1/2012 10:36 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
02/01/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Waterdragon
When attempting to launch x64, i receive an error stating the versions dont match. Anyone know what this is?....running latest patch 4.3.2, and downloaded and extracted into my ptr folder.

Why would you put it into ur ptr folder, you want to put it in ur main wow folder now..since it's live
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/01/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Commack
Yeah, I know what nVidia is, but you never said you had both, a card, and integrated, and why would you even have integrated turned on in the bios if you have a card.... that's beyond me.

Integrated for wireless video to the T.V.
90 Tauren Druid
02/01/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Seeo
Yeah, I know what nVidia is, but you never said you had both, a card, and integrated, and why would you even have integrated turned on in the bios if you have a card.... that's beyond me.

Well, bottom line is, you found the setting, you fixed it, everything is working. I'm glad.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/01/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Commack

Well, bottom line is, you found the setting, you fixed it, everything is working. I'm glad.

Moo
90 Draenei Shaman
02/01/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Waterdragon

Because that exicutable is not necessarily designed for the PTR.

That is the exicutable for the regular game, it should be in your regular WOW folder, not the PTR.
6 Draenei Paladin
Just installed and its running perfect.

I didn't had any issue at all, no razer naga change (all binds work), no UI scale change at all and i got overall FPS improvment plsu faster load screens.

It works like a charm here.

Win7 ultimate OS
90 Worgen Hunter
two words. THANK YOU!

I'm up to almost 65-70fps, very little lag and smoother play.

Thanks Blizz.
90 Draenei Mage
My World of Warcraft files are in Program Files(x86). When I put the 64 client in it won't start up and says its not compatible with the installed version of the game.

How do I fix this?
2 Troll Mage
I'm having trouble recording videos with the 64-bit client.
I'm using Windows and recording with MSI Afterburner.

When I press the record button, I automatically get alt-tabbed to the desktop, and the program starts recording the desktop. I can go back to the game and continue playing and recording, however, when I watch the recorded video, the mouse pointer (the white desktop version, not the hand-shaped WoW one) shows up, which is quite distracting. I think this is caused because the program starts the recording on the desktop instead of in the game, which doesn't happen with the 32 bit client
85 Orc Death Knight
[quote]

The BIOS is probably set that way as default. I bet the people having this issue have sandy bridge processors too since they are designed to take back some of the video processing. Hybrid would probably work just as well, possibly better. I'll give that a try too, see which works better.

Thanks
90 Worgen Druid
64-bit client works great except for the fact that my UI gets all messed up. For some reason running the 64-bit client reverted several UI mods to older configurations. Shadowed Unit Frames went back to around six months ago. o_O
85 Night Elf Rogue
has anyone seen any noticeable improvement in FPS during raid settings? I am running a phenom quad core with 6 gig of ram and a gtx 460 gpu yet i was getting pretty poor frame rates during stacks phases in 25 man raiding...

anyone had a chance to test this yet in a graphically intense environment yet?

I did LFR a couple of times, and I can certainly say it's a very noticeable performance increase 10+ fps. So it's not a placebo thing.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My World of Warcraft files are in Program Files(x86). When I put the 64 client in it won't start up and says its not compatible with the installed version of the game.

How do I fix this?

Move your entire WOW folder to Program Files (NOT x86)

(I know this because it happened to me also, and it was my first work around, and worked perfectly)

*** EDIT *** And make sure you're running a 64 bit version of windows! (right click "Computer" and click properties, look for OS Version)
Edited by Seeo on 2/1/2012 10:55 AM PST
90 Pandaren Hunter
Got and put the client in the wow folder and ran it, runs very nice but I noticed that Wow64 Now seems to only use one of my video cards, and I run two Nvidia's 480's SLI (EVGA) and looking at my G19 LCD screen only one is actually under load now, when ussally its two (I am using EVGA precision to monitor the GPU's in my LCD screen)

Wow is set to Dx11, everything else is fine, all nvidia drivers are updated, is there something that I might be missing, or need to change?
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah this is very weird. Using the 64-bit client seems to revert all UI mods to settings roughly six months ago. Including settings that shouldn't exist anymore. What the heck?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Got and put the client in the wow folder and ran it, runs very nice but I noticed that Wow64 Now seems to only use one of my video cards, and I run two Nvidia's 480's SLI (EVGA) and looking at my G19 LCD screen only one is actually under load now, when ussally its two (I am using EVGA precision to monitor the GPU's in my LCD screen)

Wow is set to Dx11, everything else is fine, all nvidia drivers are updated, is there something that I might be missing, or need to change?

Check your nVidia settings (system tray)...

Click on "Manage 3D Settings"

WoW 64 probably won't be in the drop down list, use the "Add" button and then make sure you have your settings right for it.
30 Worgen Hunter
Contrary to the notes in the first post, my G510 keyboard display does show the WoW information. I also notice a performance increase in some trouble spots.
02/01/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Seeo
This helps! 100% exactly it... my system was selecting my integrated card, not the GT 525M.

That's kind of odd. The GT 525M is a mobile dedicated card. I'm assuming you're running a laptop, yes? NVCP should have selected the dedicated card by default. Very strange.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]