World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
02/01/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Gôric
i dont see any options> game preference... so yeah what? wow directory...i take it you mean wow folder so...its there...

The option to toggle 32-bit on or off, is in the launcher options, not the game options.
Edited by Commack on 2/1/2012 1:10 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Be sure to add the executable to your SLI profile.

Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > [ADD] > WoW Directory > Wow-64 or Wow-64.exe

If that does not work, because I never tried get Nvidia Inspector
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

Open
Click the Wrench and Screw Driver on the middle right
Click Profiles and scroll down to World of Warcraft and select
Click the White box with a blue border and green + sign on the top menu and navigate to you wow folder and select the wow-64
Hit APPLY Changes

you should see wow.exe, wow-64.exe on the header for that profile on a green strip
Edited by Shadow on 2/1/2012 1:22 PM PST
90 Goblin Warlock
Specs:
Win 7 64 bit
6 GB Ram
Nvidia Gt 9800
Amd 6400+ Dual Core

OMG! Load times for first logging intot the game took around 20 seconds. With this new 64bit client it took me 5 seconds to log into the game! On Graphics set to High with view distance set to ultra i used to get 15 fps in org ( im on illidan its packed.) Now im getting 25+Fps in org with no lag at all! Cheers!

Edit: The AH and my mailbox in org seem to working awesome! It used to take like 5-10 seconds for my mailbox to work and for my mail to show up in my bags but now its instant!
Edited by Rumpledots on 2/1/2012 1:24 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Now should I move my whole WoW folder to the "Program Files" folder and away from the "Program Files (x86)" folder?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why is mine stuck at 1%, I DL'd the three 64-bit files into the main wow folder. Any Idea's? Did I leave a step out or should I have deleted something?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/01/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Igomoo
Now should I move my whole WoW folder to the "Program Files" folder and away from the "Program Files (x86)" folder?
Yeah to my knowledge you should, I cant get mine to run however after doing that.
90 Tauren Paladin
For some reason, the 64 bit client is causing my FPS to drop. I'm perfectly fine with just using the 32 bit client, which I've gone back to now, but I want to know what the problem is because I see some replies saying they've gotten significant FPS increases with less RAM than me.

My specs:
Intel Core i5 2400 (Quad Core), 3.10GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card

Can someone please try to help me out?

More info: I've tested it while having my World of Warcraft folder in 3 different locations:
- In my C:/ directory
- In my C:/Program Files (x86) directory
- In my C:/Program Files directory

In all 3 cases, my login and loading screen time have been significantly better, but my FPS in game has decreased.
Edited by Bep on 2/1/2012 1:33 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Win

It should not make any difference. But i don't recommend just draging it over.

Might as well install it in normal program files when doing a fresh install though.
26 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok, so I extracted the files to wow program files and ran as admin. When I launched wow it started a download(I already have .3.2) and I checked under preferences and 32 is now unchecked. Is it supposed to be downloading or have I messed up?
90 Tauren Druid

When I first installed wow on my new build, a box actually popped up telling me it would be better to install

Specs:
Win 7 64 bit
6 GB Ram
Nvidia Gt 9800
Amd 6400+ Dual Core

OMG! Load times for first logging intot the game took around 20 seconds. With this new 64bit client it took me 5 seconds to log into the game! On Graphics set to High with view distance set to ultra i used to get 15 fps in org ( im on illidan its packed.) Now im getting 25+Fps in org with no lag at all! Cheers!

Edit: The AH and my mailbox in org seem to working awesome! It used to take like 5-10 seconds for my mailbox to work and for my mail to show up in my bags but now its instant!

My initial load still takes about the same, but every load after that until I reboot, is very fast, I think I am going to double my ram, it's only 50 bucks, slap it on a credit card, and be gravy.
85 Tauren Druid

It should not make any difference. But i don't recommend just draging it over.

Might as well install it in normal program files when doing a fresh install though.

There are a few registry entries if you installed to Program Files (x86). These will have to be changed.

One example that I know off the top of my head is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft and it has a key of "InstallPath"....

As well, there are files in Program files (x86)\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\... As well as a few keys for that folder as well. If you want to move it, be very careful in the registry editor, or just backup your addons folder and WTF folder for the addon variables and re-install it. :)
Edited by Abraga on 2/1/2012 1:45 PM PST
85 Human Priest
thanks guys <3
Support Forum Agent
02/01/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Shoap
So this only works with the american client? It can't "validate game version" on the EU client installation.

Keep on eye on this thread in the EU Tech Forums: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313061814

Once the 64-bit client is available on the EU realms, information will be posted there.
90 Troll Druid
Trying out this client, love it so far, the FPS increase is very noticeable.

I'm getting a bizzare error with my Pitbull target frames, that's ONLY happening on x64. I'm not sure if this is the addon itself, or the client doing something weird, so I'll just leave the error log here in case. When I target certain NPCs it's copying my own health and power to their frame, and if I click around a lot and target several players one after the other, the frame completely breaks.

Date: 2012-02-01 13:35:41
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 20
Message: ...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua line 129:
TexCoord out of range
Debug:
[C]: ?
[C]: SetTexCoord()
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:129:
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:124
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:144: ?()
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:262: SetValue()
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:942:
...terface\AddOns\PitBull4\Controls\BetterStatusBar.lua:941
[C]: Show()
..\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:83:
..\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:73
..\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:137:
..\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:119
No issues so far with 64 bit client. I noticed my video card and load up screen is faster. Nice that it only took 3 files to change it.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well how about telling me what I am doing wrong then.
85 Human Paladin
Tabbed out, moments later i get a wow crash error followed by my graphics card crashing followed up with my harddrive dying. I'm scurred.
85 Draenei Paladin
I was getting this error: "There was an error logging in. Please try again later."

Then I downloaded the file again and unzipped it on my Wow folder, replacing everything, and it worked. So if you're having this problem, try doing that, as you're likely missing one of the files (you probably just copied the Wow-64.exe file over and left the other ones behind - I know that's what I probably did).
85 Worgen Warlock
Faster load times and better fps.

Great job as always Blizzard.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Sweet! Fast loading times!

but, I'm getting the "unknown" problem with the 64x files.

I went back to the 86x version and it didn't have a problem. So I deleted my WTF and Cache folders and nothing worked out :<.

Helpz meh!

Edit: Also, whenever I open the game, sometimes the games opens up 3-4 WoW clients at a time. Kind of confused here.. I want to utilize the 64x, but I might have to go back to the 32 bit one.
Edited by Doune on 2/1/2012 2:47 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]