<Evil Deeds Inc> is recruiting!

90 Draenei Shaman
EDI is currently recruiting! We currently have one 10 man raid team, which is looking to add an exceptional player or two to its roster, and have opened recruitment to build up a second raid team for Mists of Pandaria.

Recruitment Openings
Tanks: Closed
Healers: Closed
DPS Melee: Closed
DPS Ranged: Warlock or Mage

The opening listed above is for our Heroic 8/8 raid team. Pleased be geared appropriately and familiar with heroic mode encounters before applying.

Recruitment Openings
Tanks: Open
Healers: Open
DPS Melee: Open
DPS Ranged: Open but full on hunters

We are currently recruiting for a second 10 man team for Mists of Pandaria. The days on which this raid team will run has yet to be determind (it will not likely run on the standard Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday schedule of our current group) but it will take place during our usual 7-11pm CST time slot.

Expectations: The raiding goals of EDI is focused on progression. As such we expect at least 75% raid attendance out of our raiders. We expect all applicants to be knowledgeable of their class, reliable, and capable of doing their research on boss encounters ahead of time. To read more on what EDI's policies are, please visit our policy page on our website.

Loot: Currently an open roll system while we are working on 10 man progression.

Raid Times: Tuesday-Thursday 7:00pm-11:00pm server

If Evil Deeds Inc sounds like a good fit for you, please visit us at our website and fill out an application. If you have any questions, please contact one of the following officers in game: Taldara, Vatrilian, Mysala
Edited by Saz on 7/9/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I approve of the preceeding statement.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
/wave Knails.

bump for fine folks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
/wave Knails.

bump for fine folks.

Greetings, friend. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
What classes are you guys recruiting? How is your raid progression going? Has it slowed down, are people not showing up, are you trying to recruit to fill massive gaps lost to Star Wars?

My guild currently is going through a rapture and it seems to have no end in sight. I would like to see what other options i have out there. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
To answer your questions:

Classes: We currently have enough wiggle room in the composition for just about every class except for rogues and priests. A few more competent ranged would really be ideal.

Raid progression: It admittedly has been a bit slow. We've unfortunately have lost our main tanks to burn out/SWToR and have been in a funky state of limbo trying to re-gear tanks/pulling in new and heroic mode ready tanks. Heroic Morchok had been on farm status and we had been working on Heroic Yor'sahj prior to the loss of our most geared main tank and one of our geared offspec tanks.

Attendance: Again, we've had a few raid spots open up due to end of the expansion burn out and SWToR. Despite that we have managed to clear out Dragon Soul every week on normal mode (on 25 man no less), successfully gearing out the attending raid core. While I suspect that several folks that have left for various reasons will return in time, those of us who still play WoW would like to fill in the gaps so that we can return to doing what we prefer to do in the mean time: raid heroic modes.

I hope these answers have helped a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Went ahead and apped. How often do your officers review applications? Just so i know when to check back in.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
but don't you need skilled players in order to recruit more
/roast
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Needs have been updated.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
that was dumb cei
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Ceii has a point. Recruiting bodies is never effective. If they don't have any ability to play their class effectively, it's a wash. If they can't dodge shadow crash, interrupt on time, or cc/dps the correct target, no sense in recruiting them. See: heroic lich king, heroic halion, heroic sindragosa, heroic omnitron defense system, heroic nefarian, heroic valiona/theralion, heroic ascendant council, chogall, sinestra. I could say more brain splitting encounters I've faced with that one guy we recruited as a body, but let's just say he enjoyed wiping our attempts. Just imagine recruiting multiple of those, the results would be well.... Catastrophic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/13/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Fantasize
Ceii has a point. Recruiting bodies is never effective. If they don't have any ability to play their class effectively, it's a wash. If they can't dodge shadow crash, interrupt on time, or cc/dps the correct target, no sense in recruiting them. See: heroic lich king, heroic halion, heroic sindragosa, heroic omnitron defense system, heroic nefarian, heroic valiona/theralion, heroic ascendant council, chogall, sinestra. I could say more brain splitting encounters I've faced with that one guy we recruited as a body, but let's just say he enjoyed wiping our attempts. Just imagine recruiting multiple of those, the results would be well.... Catastrophic.

I agree with nearly everything you said, but I think Cei was trying to make a point that no one in our guild is skilled. Hence the /roast.

EDI has good players, but there's always a person or two that lacks behind the rest in terms of understandng the entire encounter inside & out. That's in every guild though - some more than others.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
well I thought it was clever.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I lied, it was rather clever
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Needs have been updated!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Recruitment is open once again. Send in those apps!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bump for some casters.

WTB an Afflock or a Good Fire Mage!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Are yall running that group 2 atm? I wouldn't mind bringing my mage over for some fun on days that are not tue/wed/thursday.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]