(Locked)

90 Goblin Hunter
I didn't say it's near it's ultimate demise, only moving in that direction. You know what will happen eventually, they will hit a point where project Titan (or w/e they are now calling it) will be more important, and updates/fixes will stop, and spammers/cheaters will fill the servers. I'm just saying personally I think that's closer than a lot of people think... whether that's two months or two years is not the point. It's coming.

I don't think Titan will come out as a game. Bioware put it right... the MMO Market can only support a couple of subscription based MMOs. I think it's far more likely (and economical) that Blizzard will folded the Titan tech into WoW for its next major revamp a couple of expansions down the line.

This is very likely. there are tons of cash shop style mmos that can support themselves and do not require a maintained subscription.

I sincerely hope that "project titan" is a starcraft MMO because that was the RTS I loved, not warcraft. But anyway, it is most likely that it will be some sort of recreation of WoW or something very big relating to WoW.
90 Undead Death Knight
02/02/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Zarhym
We've responded many times about talent calculator feedback, even pointing out we're not going to be able to discuss things point by point with players because the systems are rapidly changing while in development. The calculator itself is quite out of date.

Damnit Z, now you have me all paranoid. I was looking forward to actually playing my hunter this expansion, and now I'm all ascurred that the talents I love so much aren't final.
90 Human Warlock
Any acceptance on Blizzard's end that they will never satisfy all the asinine, self-contradictory whiners that go on and on about how the game they spend 20+ hours a week on sucks is a step in the right direction.
85 Undead Warlock
There are some good things I'm looking forward to, and some things that I'm dreading. All in all, I welcome change, and hope the new talent system will help spice things up a bit.

One thing that is really frustrating is how many things we are being told "are being looked at", which means absolutely nothing. We have issues that "are being looked at" for years now, so until we get definitive information, it's just the same false sense of hope we have heard in the past.

- Racial imbalances have gone on for years, yet it's something that is still not getting touched in MoP. On top of that, they're adding in yet another race that gets strong PVE and PVP racials, yet others are left in the dust.

- People are asking WOW to update char models (which are outdated now by about 7 years), and Blizz has stated nothing more than "they are considering it", which again means nothing to us.

- We have lots of things we want Blizz to work on, yet they add in Poke-craft with pets. We complain, they say we don't have to use the feature, seeming to overlook the fact that Poke-craft is taking away from time they could spend on other more preferred projects.

Anyway, guess we'll have to wait and see what Blizz ends up actually bringing us in MoP.
84 Human Death Knight

OR it could be that these "silly" posts are much more easy to professionally respond to as an official PR Agent of Blizzard than many other posts.

How do people expect Blizzard CMs to post in threads where they are not able to give any solid information about anything relating to it? Every time a CM posts in a complaint thread it usually breeds more complaints and/or other people hounding the CM for information that the CM, most likely, either does not have or can not give.

It could also be that the CMs are trying to foster a sense of community by participating in lighthearted threads and trying to spur their playerbase to learn to get along with each other, even for a little while.

In short- Less tinfoil hat, more positivism.

<3

Zar quoted me? /faint
Edited by Deatherknite on 2/2/2012 10:43 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard Will Always Have Ppl Who Will Just Say What They Want Them To Its None The Same As Even Tho Being In The Fire Dept For 12 Years I Still Have To Let Somebody Else Talk For Me Bc As What Everybody Says Im A Law Suit Waiting To Happen
Edited by Nazurath on 2/2/2012 10:41 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
So keep talking on Trolls bc nobody else is actually following you or believing you
84 Human Death Knight
Blizzard Will Always Have Ppl Who Will Just Say What They Want Them To Its None The Same As Even Tho Being In The Fire Dept For 12 Year I Still Have To Let Somebody Else Talk For Me Bc As What Everybody Says Im A Law Suit Waiting To Happen

What Is Wrong With Your Shift Key To Make You Capitalize Every Single Word You Type? It's As If cAPS lOCK iS cRUISE cONTROL fOR cOOL But You're Stuck In First Gear.
100 Human Paladin
I like to step it up a little bit everybody in wow knows when you type something and its all in caps it serious business. I like to think when the first letters of each word are caps thats above and beyond. Godly Even
Edited by Nazurath on 2/2/2012 10:44 PM PST
84 Human Death Knight
02/02/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Nazurath
I like to step it up a little bit everybody in wow knows when you type something and its all in caps it serious business. I like to think when the first letters of each word are caps thats above and beyond. Godly Even

Uh...huh.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
02/02/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Zinrozzule
I think you guys have been ignoring Mage tanking too much, wtb info on Mage tanks!

I support this cause 100%
100 Human Paladin
Rly after 3 years thats the best you got while trying to troll me?. Come on i got a case left lets have a good time
85 Human Paladin
02/02/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Zarhym
The intent of the talent calculator was to give players something to fool around with. We wanted everyone to get a feel for the idea we're going for in Mists so that it wouldn't sound as crazy or shocking when seen on "paper."

The release of the prospective 5.0 talents and abilities was a largely unprecedented step for Blizzard, wh has historically kept much of the new things under wraps until beta, and it's a step I'm glad they took. It shows that the developers believe that community feedback and discussion is an important part of the development process through a larger portion of the cycle. It would also make little sense for them to post the talents and abilities they are working on (had to have taken time from multiple people/departments) and then "ignore" player concerns, ideas, issues, and feedback. We will go into 5.0 beta knowing a ton more about class changes than perhaps ever before in a WoW expansion beta.

That each thread with solid feedback does not receive a shiny Blue tag is a good thing; Blue responses tag Blue trackers, which bring a swarm of players who may have had little or no interest in the original thread but feel it necessary to leave their two cents (or just mill around) anyways. Then come the trolls, the cheerleaders, the nay-sayers, the nee-sayers, and all other manner of posts that detract from the original discussion and can even get a thread locked despite the original post being a well-stated argument over a legitimate issue. I often wonder if there are any Blues posting in our discussions on their personal accounts so as to contribute unobtrusively. That we, the player community, do not see every design iteration is also probably healthy for both us and the developers. It gives them space to create and think of cool new things without having to deal with (or at least sticking the CMs with) the constant forum outcry that I am sure would happen if we could somehow peek at the latest changes every day.

I, for one, am grateful that Blizzard took the time to show us their works-in-progress rather than hide behind the curtain until only the last few details need polishing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]