(Locked)

02/02/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Sariva
I play for my friends and rp alone. -nod-

How much of your RPing time is spend in or around the Goldshire Inn?
90 Worgen Warrior
OP
Let's hope so. Let's hope they also realize that 85-90 shouldn't be completed within hours of it going live.

Fast levelling from 1- 85 sure, but let's not have the last 5 levels be as stupidly fast as they were in Cata, it's a bad design from an MMO standpoint and from a business standpoint.

I don't think it really matters. I mean, it can be slow, it can fast, but once you hit cap, you've hit cap.

Everyone ends up there regardless.
90 Gnome Warlock

They knew that this wouldn't be popular, not even in China, as Pandas are somewhat revered there, but they are going for it anyway. With Zarhym's recent language of "Plea accepted..." in an earlier post, I'm beginning to think that Blizzard is wrangling WoW around the horns and making a come back with quality gameplay.

Huh? Despite the current crying of adolescent males afraid that associating with pandas will make them less manly, pandaren were always the most requested race in any of the "what new race do you want to see in the next xpac?" threads. Of course, this always descended into which faction would get the pandaren, and which would be stuck with murlocs or something.
85 Draenei Paladin
i think blizz is doing what it has been for apparently a while now. What they think is best. I feel that Cata would be just as good as MoP appears to be if most of the effort wasn't put into 1-60.

MoP = What cata could have been if Blizz put 100% into 80-85.

Just how i think of it anyways.
86 Night Elf Druid
Since transmog is becoming a major thing I'm hoping blizzard updates the quality of the old gear not changing them but making the textures sharper and cleaner to be on par with the rest of the game.
85 Draenei Shaman
Positive post is positive. I hope things go well also, I'm definitely going to be there for the release.
02/02/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Jessebella
I don't think it really matters. I mean, it can be slow, it can fast, but once you hit cap, you've hit cap.

It matters a great deal, Cata leveling was so fast people were at max within hours.
A fresh 80 taking the Hero's Board quest to Hyjal can be done 40% of 80 -81 in little over an hour, that's way way too fast.
In 1 hour you have completed 40% of 1/5th of the content that is supposed to last over a year.

If they go with the fast levelling for MOP they had better have at least 3 times the end content they had for Cata.

1.7 million lost subs happened for a reason, people got bored because of how quickly they reached end game, only to not have enough content to keep them busy.
Unless of course you think running the same 2 dungeons over and over and over is good design.
90 Undead Hunter
02/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vorps
With the revamp of the talent system (which, in my humble opinion, is sheer brilliance)

Honestly, the talent system is extremely lame.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Say what you want i for one will use my mini diablo to catchem all!
1 Gnome Mage
02/02/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Sephaes
pandaren were always the most requested race in any of the "what new race do you want to see in the next xpac?" threads.

I've never, ever seen one of these threads. Care to link one for me?

Personally, I don't care much about pandas either way (I am interested in the new monk class though). The new talent system is what scares me the most. Or more so, the fact that they just did a huge revamp of the talent system in Cata with promises of how much better it was going to be only to have to completely revamp the system again in MoP doesn't give me much faith.
85 Human Paladin
Blizzard chose mid Cataclysm that they wanted to change their game philosophy to support the more "casual" gamer and if you have read interviews with quotes from WoW execs they say exactly that. Its why SWTOR won't affect WoW subs and why they aren't actually competitors because they have different game goals.

Any OP welcome to the new WoW where everything is easy XD
85 Dwarf Paladin
I don't get all the hate for the pet battles. I'll dabble with it sure, but it is just something else for you to do in game. I suppose for everyone who operates in game for GEARGEARGEARNAO it won't hold much appeal, but part of what made Vanilla fun for me was that everything was new and engineering was ridiculous (My friends and I used to suicide rush Horde lines with sapper charges for example, and we actually KILLED people with them). It certainly wasn't molten core. Just..no. The sheer amount of trash and boredom in that place made me never want to go back again even after I killed Ragnaros. I didn't feel epic, I felt exhausted.

I know the old Southshore/TM battles WERE fun, but you can't bring that back. Can you imagine if they introduced a BG that didn't provide any sort of gear reward at all? Place would be a ghost town.
85 Dwarf Paladin
Blizzard chose mid Cataclysm that they wanted to change their game philosophy to support the more "casual" gamer and if you have read interviews with quotes from WoW execs they say exactly that. Its why SWTOR won't affect WoW subs and why they aren't actually competitors because they have different game goals.

Any OP welcome to the new WoW where everything is easy XD

Casual does not always mean easy. Sometimes it just means it takes less time to get X task accomplished. Old raid instances locked out a lot of players simply due to the amount of time it took to clear them, not their own personal skill cap. Most people weren't willing or able to stare at another fire giant for 4+ hours and so the game's focus has shifted.

You could easily make the argument that the game has gone too far in how quickly it hands out rewards and for what, but I'm not sure the vast majority of players would agree with you. If you went back to the days of MC now, you'd see a much steeper drop in subs than what they have already endured (In my opinion).
Edited by Aegison on 2/2/2012 1:13 PM PST
-I am in love with the new talent system. I never had any attachment to my choices before, now I do.

Before I was just copying some spec that someone else told me was good.

Sure I have less choices in MoP, but I have more meaningful ones that I can develop towards my playing style, and there is no "wrong" choice.

-Pandas-- Don't care, I'll probably play one as long as they don't sexy up the females too much. I like pandas, just like I like Blood Elves, and just like I like Trolls.

-I'm looking forward to the content in MoP, it looks to be promising. I don't mind either easy or hard instances and raids. I just would like to see something fun as far as instances (so it doesn't just feel like tank and spank in all the fights) and I would love to have LFR for all the tiered content. Only because my guild is currently on the recruiting side for more raiders.
85 Human Paladin
02/02/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Aegison
Casual does not always mean easy. Sometimes it just means it takes less time to get X task accomplished. Old raid instances locked out a lot of players simply due to the amount of time it took to clear them, not their own personal skill cap. Most people weren't willing or able to stare at another fire giant for 4+ hours and so the game's focus has shifted.

While that might be true, considering so many guilds pushed through normal DS in the first week of the content being out but did much slower on heroic content I would have to say that this view is flawed slightly. Not only is Blizzard doing this (what with the size of instances being reduced as we have already seen) but also with the actual difficulty of the content.

You could easily make the argument that the game has gone too far in how quickly it hands out rewards and for what, but I'm not sure the vast majority of players would agree with you. If you went back to the days of MC now, you'd see a much steeper drop in subs than what they have already endured.

I'm not suggesting going back to the Vanilla days, I liked raiding in BC and in Wrath (except ToC) because it gave every person the chance to see content and it gave those who wanted a really hard challenge heroic modes and those that liked a less challenging experience normal modes for raids. But still gave the size of the content of previous raids. Extended Raid Lockouts significantly helped guilds who didn't have the time for long instances without sacrificing content so I'd say Blizzard is still looking at it from a difficulty perspective and not a time/size constraint.
90 Undead Hunter

Sure I have less choices in MoP, but I have more meaningful ones that I can develop towards my playing style, and there is no "wrong" choice.

This is the reason why ppl get bored.
1 Gnome Mage
02/02/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Ashokk
Blizzard chose mid Cataclysm that they wanted to change their game philosophy to support the more "casual" gamer

They made that choice in LK, then tried to do a 180 at the start of cata, then changed their minds again mid-way through cata. It really feels like they're in panic mode at this point and just trying whatever to stop their subscription free fall.
90 Human Warrior
02/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Dòlò
They made that choice in LK, then tried to do a 180 at the start of cata, then changed their minds again mid-way through cata. It really feels like they're in panic mode at this point and just trying whatever to stop their subscription free fall.

As long as 25M raiding (Not just LFR mode) sticks around I probably won't be going anywhere, but something needs to be done to keep our format alive, and based on all the hush hush about Raiding in Mists I'm both anxious, nervous, and excited.

It's either going to be very good (Split lockouts, more incentives again) or very bad (15M raiding, LFR only for 25s).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Vreivai
Too bad recently released content is in direct contradiction of your theory.

Luckily opinions can never be counted as fact. Personally, I think they did a great job with the new raid. But I'm also one of the people who think that ToC was a fun raid too. I also think that Ulduar was the most tedious (not challenging, but "yay, another pull of the same exact trash that we just effortlessly killed") raid that's ever been released. But that's me though, I personally like the fights that have more of a gimmick to them. For all the points that I thought TBC sucked, the raid bosses were a lot of fun.

For everything released, there's going to be people who love it and people who hate it. Just because you're on the side that hates something, it doesn't mean that Blizzard "sacrificed quality".
Community Manager
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]