(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
02/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vorps
Blizzard is moving away from listening to the populist whining that can apparently never be quelled.

Not sure if srs.
90 Dwarf Death Knight

Do you really believe that?

Really?

Agreed, it sucks, but the Alliance saw nearly no development, if any at all.

Yeah, i even rolled a horde once and found out that the rest of the worgen story was horde only :( and then there was all those bases/small towns we lost, jeesh its like a bg, "why werent you defending them?" "uhhh because i saw a big dragon and went after it"

btw please stick to some of the lore in MoP, one of my favorite aspects of this game is the lore (just dont forget that you have two factions instead of one) The Titans and the Old Gods are my favorite out of the lore though I know the pandaren dont have anything to do with them (that we know of) I dont mind going to a new place and learning the lore maybe even discovering some new stuff that could possibly link to them O.o forgot tinfoil hat brb :P
Edited by Thaedris on 2/2/2012 2:33 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
As long as I get something to do at the end besides just grinding out the same dalies time after time after time I'll be happy.
90 Night Elf Hunter
There isn't an expansion I don't look forward to.

I see good things with MoP and can't wait to play my Panda Monk.

*rubbing hands together* hopefully another full on night of levelling with a tonne of people around in Panda form, previously DK and worgen (never did goblin and arrived 3 months after BC started :( so missed on Draenei)
57 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton

we dont name, names on the forums bro
100 Tauren Paladin
Patch 4.3 is honestly making me consider quitting for Runescape (Say what you want about the game. It actually has solid gameplay that seems to never get old, despite the graphics you'd expect from a game on Java and not really using an in-depth attack system).

So, I kill Deathwing on the second week of the patch. I have never killed the end boss of a raid on the second week. Something is definitely wrong about a development model when the progression for raiders (including average ones) is: Kill all the normal modes in the first month, kill the end boss in his normal difficulty, then kill the heroic version of the first boss you entered.

Kind of glad I quit raiding if heroic progression has become the norm and we're expected to do go from doing Deathwing to Morchok for 6-9 months. The only reason I'm playing is because of roleplay.

Hopefully, this means that the reason we have 8 bosses is because the development team is focused on Mists.
Edited by Riverfang on 2/2/2012 2:35 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MoP NEEDS Huttball.

Needs!

Seriously, if you take anything from SWTOR... Huttball. Now!
85 Human Paladin
02/02/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Firestyle
See, I feel the other way. Tier 11 was QUALITY. This tier is not quality. I'd like to see some more quality in non-raid things, so that we can have raid quality back.

This.

MoP NEEDS Huttball.

Needs!

Seriously, if you take anything from SWTOR... Huttball. Now!

Dear god I would be so F'ing happy!!!!!

GIVE ME WoW HUTTBALL NAO!!!!!

XD
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Wyrt
Too bad recently released content is in direct contradiction of your theory.

Theory=well tested and no evidence proving otherwise.

This post isn't a theory.

I think you need to look up the difference between theory and hypothesis.
91 Gnome Warlock
02/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Dòlò
Blizzard chose mid Cataclysm that they wanted to change their game philosophy to support the more "casual" gamer

They made that choice in LK, then tried to do a 180 at the start of cata, then changed their minds again mid-way through cata. It really feels like they're in panic mode at this point and just trying whatever to stop their subscription free fall.

I think it was probably something like-- "OK, subs peaked in Wrath, and have remained flat, after making the game casual friendly, why don't we try to make it harder, a bit like it was in BC. That was when we had our largest growth."

6 months later:

"Holy crap, have you seen the sub numbers? We're down below our low point in Wrath. maybe this wasn't such a good idea!"
70 Undead Death Knight
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

Idea's to make this game more interesting...

Crafting: the below is just to add some color/spice (we all know mounts don't take damage).
1. Black smith: plate/chain armor for mounts.
2. Leather working: leather armor for mounts.
3. Cloth: you guessed it... cloth for mounts.

Crafting part 2: The ability to repair armor and weapons with the appropiate materials and skill set. This will allow for proffesions to have another money making ability.

The ability to color/hue armor with the proper skill.

The way honor is rewarded in BG's needs a revamp...

That is just a taste of the idea's I have... This is what I have for now.

85 Human Paladin
02/02/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Sephaes

They made that choice in LK, then tried to do a 180 at the start of cata, then changed their minds again mid-way through cata. It really feels like they're in panic mode at this point and just trying whatever to stop their subscription free fall.

I think it was probably something like-- "OK, subs peaked in Wrath, and have remained flat, after making the game casual friendly, why don't we try to make it harder, a bit like it was in BC. That was when we had our largest growth."

6 months later:

"Holy crap, have you seen the sub numbers? We're down below our low point in Wrath. maybe this wasn't such a good idea!"

The real problem was not changing the difficulty back it was changing the difficulty in the first place. Making so that in heroics (The new Wrath ones that is not the old ones) not require any CC or so forgiving that you can stand in fire on them was the issue. Jumping into Cata heroics it was like a nightmare for tanks/heals because we would try to explain that "hey! We need to do this or CC this" but DPS would just roll like they did in the ICC heroics why? B/c they had been trained through daily runs of them that nothing can kill them.

And that led to massive /kicks of tanks and heals and raging by people in general. The new heroics were not hard they just require coordination and skills that were used in Wrath but in the old heroics when they first came out and in a few raids (Naxx and Uld mainly).
90 Human Death Knight
I think you are giving a little too much credit. Let's wait for the beta to be released before we come to these conclusions.
17 Troll Hunter
i think blizz is doing what it has been for apparently a while now. What they think is best. I feel that Cata would be just as good as MoP appears to be if most of the effort wasn't put into 1-60.

MoP = What cata could have been if Blizz put 100% into 80-85.

Just how i think of it anyways.

I keep asking why it thinks that adding yet more levels is a good idea.

Why not add more content in place of 5 or 10 or even 1 new higher level?

The fact the great majority just want to rush to max level every single time is going totally
-WHOOOOSH- over the developers' heads.
85 Draenei Paladin
02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

Hi!

I really enjoy playing the goblin starting area. I think it has one of the best quest lines I have ever seen in the game. Hilarious and lighthearted and engaging. I hope to see more of that in Mists :)

And yes. I am still loving the game, a lot.
80 Night Elf Druid
i think blizz is doing what it has been for apparently a while now. What they think is best. I feel that Cata would be just as good as MoP appears to be if most of the effort wasn't put into 1-60.

MoP = What cata could have been if Blizz put 100% into 80-85.

Just how i think of it anyways.

I keep asking why it thinks that adding yet more levels is a good idea.

Why not add more content in place of 5 or 10 or even 1 new higher level?

The fact the great majority just want to rush to max level every single time is going totally
-WHOOOOSH- over the developers' heads.

Leveling gives your character the ability to grow besides just equipping better gear.

It allows Blizzard to design new zones for us to play in, and a reason for us to play in them.

It allows the player to experience the story by taking part in a wider variety of events than would be possible with just a raid.

I have very little doubt that an expansion that released only new raiding tiers would be received negatively. It would most likely been seen as being forced to "pay for a patch" instead of getting a new expansion regardless of how many raids they added.
Edited by Nasmira on 2/2/2012 3:27 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
TBH I like the direction their going although they are still listening to the player base which is nice considering after asking constantly we finally have transmog and a lot of quality of life changes. I think you mean they stopped catering to the small abysmal percentage of special snowflakes who feel entitled to keep the game the same way as it was with zero updates save for number boosts every expansion?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]