(Locked)

We can only hope...

Honestly Blizzard has its work cut out for it. It's engine is way behind the times (as is SWTOR for what its worth) and it greatly limits what they can do. Some roles like healing need a re-imaginging altogether and they can't fix it with this engine.

Even a very good expansion can only stem the tide. I don't particularly care for pandas. But the theme isn't really that critical. It's the execution that matters..
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

Is that like, the e-sport version of insider trading? o.O
Community Manager
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

Instead of chiming in on a thread that does nothing but kiss your collective butts.

Why don't you let us know what you guys intend to do with the ever growing lists of dying servers?

02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways

Perhaps the addition of even more reused templates, items, and NPC models?

There's really no reason for this tone or attitude, nor is it acceptable to hijack a thread because you feel what's being discussed isn't as important to you as another topic. Likewise, it's incredibly shortsighted and dismissive of you to accuse anyone who expresses positive sentiments about this game of kissing butt.

I respond when and where I can as I get the opportunity to browse the forums, and if I have relevant information to share. The fact of the matter is there are players out there who are happy with this game, looking forward to future content, and want to talk about it with their peers on the forums. And I'll absolutely encourage constructive conversations like this. You won't break me of habits which promote community relations.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Now, let's speak to each other like adults (or at least decent human beings), shall we? It's much easier to communicate with you when you're not just trying to make a fuss wherever you might get an employee's attention. :)
90 Undead Priest
Let's turn WoW around by fixing the 4.3 bug to hunter's Disengage! Woohoo!

But... not likely. They care not.
85 Gnome Warlock
I disagree with you OP bigtime. MoP is going to be great BECAUSE Blizz is FINALLY listening to the screaming masses. The games been circling the toilet because of all of these "New" innovations Blizz has been trying out, one example being Homogenizing the classes to !@#$. The game isn't fun to play anymore, besides that there is NO incentive whatsoever to be a warlock, and I loathe that deal for Diablo 3 I got into. But at least I can look forward to Diablo 3 and it not looking like it used color palettes from WoW. What jackass thought that would be a good idea.

Raiding is pointless with Blizz's "Lets send out a new update every couple of months completely trivializing everything we have done to now" I literally haven't logged in for about a month now because there is absolutly no point. I raid finder downed Death something and watched the end cinematic, done, boring, still don't really even know why he was all pissed off or ended up like that. While conversely I can tell you just about everything about the Lich king cause he was epic.

MoP will rock, It's going to bring the arloc back to warlock. And I'm sure its going to put the umph back to other classes, now if only we could get a frigging Soulstone reversion, Take AWAY brezzes from 4 different classes and give it back only to druids, give shamans their lust back and ONLY shamans. Make Lock portals useful again or just take them away its nothing but a painful memory of what once was, I'm sure some mages feel similarly. Oh, and give DK's back thier Raise ally ability, it was unique and innovative and fun.

No two classes should feel similar at all. That's kind of the point of a class based game. The MOMENT you give two classes an ability that does the same thing, your on a slippery slope to a bad game.
Edited by Humungo on 2/2/2012 3:50 PM PST
85 Orc Hunter
There's really no reason for this tone or attitude, nor is it acceptable to hijack a thread because you feel what's being discussed isn't as important to you as another topic. Likewise, it's incredibly shortsighted and dismissive of you to accuse anyone who expresses positive sentiments about this game of kissing butt.

I respond when and where I can as I get the opportunity to browse the forums, and if I have relevant information to share. The fact of the matter is there are players out there who are happy with this game, looking forward to future content, and want to talk about it with their peers on the forums. And I'll absolutely encourage constructive conversations like this. You won't break me of habits which promote community relations.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Now, let's speak to each other like adults (or at least decent human beings), shall we? It's much easier to communicate with you when you're not just trying to make a fuss wherever you might get an employee's attention. :)

It's not possible to like or dislike a blue's post so Zar, here's me applauding wildly, shooting off fire works in appreciation and approval.
90 Human Warlock
Zarhym, please don't feed the trolls. We all know you are better than that :)
02/02/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Zarhym

So then, what are you giving us for Valentine's Day?
85 Draenei Death Knight

Instead of chiming in on a thread that does nothing but kiss your collective butts.

Why don't you let us know what you guys intend to do with the ever growing lists of dying servers?

Perhaps the addition of even more reused templates, items, and NPC models?

Why Zar(I call him Zar because I know him like that)?

He sits there and makes nasty statements and behaving like a child and what do you do? You respond to him, answer his question(kinda) and then tell him to behave like an adult.

Why would he switch his attiude and nasty comments when it got him results?
Its the first thing I thought when I read the blue post. They have no issue coming onto the forums and posting in a brown-nosing thread, but they continually ignore other threads even ones that continue on for much longer than they should have to.

What do you expect? If you were reading all these posts about how you sucked at your job - wouldn't you be more interested in reading something where someone had something good to say?

It's bad enough they have to take orders from Bobby Kotick - to listen to angry WoW players all day..sheesh.
90 Orc Warrior
You are a tool if you think they were not listening to the population of WoW, a good chunk of fan base DID want this, it is the unoriginal fan who wasn't here from the start and who didn't know about them before WoW that seems to be against them, because they think blizzard is copying a panda movie.
lol keep drinking the "kool-aid " ...I'll just say this..Fun= the best time sink! and 2million copies and counting on your competition...just saying. take it for what it's worth

You mean Star Wars?

They only have 1.7 million now.

Anyway, I'd love to see what Zarhym has for us for Valentine's Day.
85 Worgen Rogue
Yeah, I think they're trying.

What they achieve, we can only wait and see. Tho I have to say, I've never been less excited for an expansion ever. The least I can do, is give them a try, to give'em the chance to razzle dazzle and woo me, I guess.
81 Gnome Warlock
I may be wrong but it has been stated that even if they do not respond to a thread they do read them. I don't think it's as much that they are ignoring you but more that if they responded it would derail the thread (it happens quite often when they post) or that the thread is not constructive in any way in which case there is no point in responding.

Maybe make threads that are calm and constructive and see what you get. But remember that just because they do not respond does not mean they are not reading it.

It's easy to forget guys but they do really care about the game and their customers or they wouldn't be here at all.

in before the hate

edit* sorry to be off topic in the thread. To be more on task I am excited to see what Blizzard comes up with for MoP.
Edited by Whinke on 2/2/2012 4:01 PM PST
40 Draenei Shaman
They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists.

As long as your plans aren't just "let's find a way for people on dead realms to group with other more lively realms", and they actually improve realm population and community, then I'm certainly all for it :)

The game isn't fun to play anymore, besides that there is NO incentive whatsoever to be a warlock

It's a bit of a strange area. For example, come MoP there will be less incentive to be a rogue, as there will be one more melee dps capable class on the playing field that can heal and tank as well as use an energy system.

Raiding is pointless with Blizz's "Lets send out a new update every couple of months completely trivializing everything we have done to now" I literally haven't logged in for about a month now because there is absolutly no point. I raid finder downed Death something and watched the end cinematic, done, boring, still don't really even know why he was all pissed off or ended up like that.

A trend that's very likely to continue in MoP.
Edited by Sjæl on 2/2/2012 4:03 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]