(Locked)

85 Troll Shaman
02/02/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Sardorim
I'm ready to have my mini-pets bleed in my honor in the RING OF DEATH.

FOR HONOR
100 Draenei Mage

Instead of chiming in on a thread that does nothing but kiss your collective butts.

Why don't you let us know what you guys intend to do with the ever growing lists of dying servers?

Perhaps the addition of even more reused templates, items, and NPC models?

There's really no reason for this tone or attitude, nor is it acceptable to hijack a thread because you feel what's being discussed isn't as important to you as another topic. Likewise, it's incredibly shortsighted and dismissive of you to accuse anyone who expresses positive sentiments about this game of kissing butt.

I respond when and where I can as I get the opportunity to browse the forums, and if I have relevant information to share. The fact of the matter is there are players out there who are happy with this game, looking forward to future content, and want to talk about it with their peers on the forums. And I'll absolutely encourage constructive conversations like this. You won't break me of habits which promote community relations.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Now, let's speak to each other like adults (or at least decent human beings), shall we? It's much easier to communicate with you when you're not just trying to make a fuss wherever you might get an employee's attention. :)

Oh Zahrym, where has the old you been!?

I'm so glad you are being so responsive on the forums now.

Question: Could you please give me more details about the upcoming PvE scenarios?
85 Blood Elf Mage
Blizzard likes feedback from their community, but don't let that fool you.

They want to know what you think of their product, but don't expect them to take your advice on anything. It's their baby, they are going to raise it how they like, and there is nothing you can do to change that. You can like it, or you can hate it.

They don't let their intentions and reasons know. This way they can always claim ignorance by saying it wasn't intended. They can also change their mind at any given moment. I'm pretty sure they have no idea what they are going to do until they are actually going to do it.

It's smart, cunning, and it works. Don't expect this to change. Ever. It's a great tactic for dealing with a community like this.
Edited by Xenoie on 2/2/2012 4:31 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
I agree with the OP, MoP looks to be good and Blizz looks like they'll be sticking up for themselves. I just hope they stick to their guns. They did the same thing at the beginning of Cata (made dungeons/raids/classes much more difficult than in WotLK) but I think they got worried. I just hope Blizz realizes that the whiners on the forums, which can seem like a lot of people, are usually less than the people enjoying the game. Most of us just don't post whiney/crabby threads.
85 Human Paladin
02/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Vorps
While inspecting MoP and recent posts of blues, namely Zarhym, it's becoming more and more apparent that MoP is looking to shatter the status quo with WoW. Blizzard is moving away from listening to the populist whining that can apparently never be quelled.

The developers talked about them following the direction they wanted to take the game back before and after Cata launch and look where it got them. Its nothing new of the developers talking about how they want to take the game. Things like the story are based mostly on what they want and the game play they take feedback and come up with their solution based on that feedback. So yes Blizzard is listen to the whines of the player base.
Edited by Blacksavior on 2/2/2012 4:36 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
To the OP - ( I didn't read the whole thread), but when thinking about ti very clearly; from Vanilla to Cataclysm, the game has only advanced towards being an excellent game.

With that said, I do believe this (big) of a revamping of the talent system will finally change some of the need for drastic nerfs or buffs on classes. Before it was a class being OP in pvp so it would get so nerfed you couldn't even win an arena match with it. Blizzard has re-done the talent system many many times in the past with failures, I do think(and hope) this will be the last time they change it.

Vanilla: very generic and boring raids (this is somewhat deceiving because raiding was very new and people thought it was cool). There was no such thing as resilience, no arena, pvp was very very broken, naked undead rogues killing people with white daggers, hunters critting for 4k and 1 shotting mages, enhancement shammys getting procs with and of rag also instant-owning people...the list goes on. Also the amount of dedication was overwhelming compared to what it is now. (That can either be a good or bad thing depending on how you view it; in MOST cases people would say that was bad)

Burning Crusade: Introduction of 10man raiding. More class viability....Feral Tanks, Prot Paladins, Feral DPS, Retribution Paladins....etc etc. The introduction of arena (new form of pvp, great success looking back at it). Some improvements to raiding and boss difficulty. Not much else that I can think of.

WotLK: Introduction of Wintergrasp, a fun new world pvp based match. Easier ways to obtain epics, LFG tool (that I've personally never had an issue with, despite the enourmous amount of complaints, another great job by blizzard). The redemption of classic raids such as Naxxramas for those who didn't experience it (maybe the only wrong mistake blizzard made so far). Again, new Hard Mode encounters in both 10 and 25man raiding. (see Ulduar).

Catacysm: This is a long one. Rated Battlegrounds; this is huge, a whole differerent aspect of PvP. Endless hours of competition and fun to be had there. Tol Barad introduced (few balance fixes making it quite fun and good source of honor). This next one was decent timing by blizzard: the release of viable 10man raiding to get equivelent gear from both 10 and 25man raiding(once again, great job). Everything from Vanilla blizzard has builded on and has learned from!

Did I miss anything? my point: Blizzards always been improving my opinion, not just MoP.
90 Worgen Mage
02/02/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
Now, let's speak to each other like adults (or at least decent human beings), shall we? It's much easier to communicate with you when you're not just trying to make a fuss wherever you might get an employee's attention. :)

Ok, so as someone who is a die hard 25 man raider and likes that end of the content (and this is not a stab at all at 10 mans so don't take it that way), it is clear that the current system for 25 man raids didn't work very well in Cata.

The only reason I bring it up here is because this is a topic discussing the future of WoW in Mists and this is the single most important aspect (to me of course) and to many of my guild mates. Yet despite so many topics and me personally ensuring every bit of feedback I can possibly give is given in the hopes of conveying good points to the developers and CM's here - we haven't had single CM or Blue Post on the problems we are having for months now.

I am really looking forward to the additions of different things to do in Mists - the pet battles I know is one I will really enjoy, but it is hard to feel totally confident when the biggest aspect of my game play seems under a cloud of "don't touch that topic with a 10 foot pole". Is there anything you can pass along about the issues?
85 Orc Shaman
I too love this thread, with constructive posting rampant.

I've always felt that Blizzard has been the masters of their own domain, and that no one can quite match them when it comes to making needed changes to their product. They've been at it for two decades, and at the rate they're going they will be for many more to come.
85 Gnome Warlock
[quote]A trend that's very likely to continue in MoP.

Don't get me wrong, I never said I'd be raiding again haha. They aren't going to change the !@#$ way they handle gear anytime soon so I'll have to enjoy the other aspects of the game.

02/02/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Metastorm
To all you people complaining about your server being dead or low population, seriously, just TRANSFER! Don't wait for blizzard to fix the damn problem, take matters into your own hands.

You know the effort it takes to change servers? its literally as simple as changing a 1 to a 7 in a database for any given char. and they charge 25.00 for it, so... sure ill solve my problem when they provide a means too. (devils advocate here as I'm not actually playing at the moment, just waiting for MoP patch.)
Edited by Humungo on 2/2/2012 4:51 PM PST
85 Human Priest
02/02/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Blacksavior
no interest in group based content

WoW is an MMO. MMO means Massively MULTIPLAYER Online. This is not a single-player game. There are plenty of things to do solo, that is certain, but it is NOT a single-player game. If that's what you want, go play something that's NOT an MMO. You will be much happier.
Edited by Catiany on 2/2/2012 4:47 PM PST
100 Draenei Mage
Virtutis

You stole my transmog.
85 Human Mage
LAG
I like your thread, Vorps! It's great to see some positive discussion and speculation about where this game is headed. :)

We're definitely very focused on opening the doors a little wider to new ideas to really grasp onto what will make this game as fun as possible. It's 7 years old after all. We're not going to reinvent the wheel in Mists of Pandaria, but we want to introduce new types of compelling content with meaningful reward structures so your progression paths don't feel quite as redundant.

You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

We hope these features are more or less to be expected with virtually every expansion. But this time we're also pouring our heart and soul into some really fun new features that'll allow you to progress in slightly less conventional ways.

I get so excited every time I meet with Greg Street, Cory Stockton, Dave Kosak, and Tom Chilton to discuss everything they're working on each week. It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

I think it's really going to be about playing the game the way you want to play it, without feeling entirely like you're missing out on valuable rewards.

I've been nothing but happy with WoW, no complaints. And I can't wait for MoP. Thank you Zar for sharing a lil info with us!

There's really no reason for this tone or attitude, nor is it acceptable to hijack a thread because you feel what's being discussed isn't as important to you as another topic. Likewise, it's incredibly shortsighted and dismissive of you to accuse anyone who expresses positive sentiments about this game of kissing butt.

I respond when and where I can as I get the opportunity to browse the forums, and if I have relevant information to share. The fact of the matter is there are players out there who are happy with this game, looking forward to future content, and want to talk about it with their peers on the forums. And I'll absolutely encourage constructive conversations like this. You won't break me of habits which promote community relations.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Amen. You can have a different view than others, but people need to show respect. Thanks for pointing that out. And thank you for letting us know you guys are thinking of ways to solve the server probs!
100 Night Elf Druid
While I applaud your optimism, it will end up being the same ol same ol.
85 Troll Druid
Oh look its vorps.

Your opinion is worthless already.

And if your still optimistic about the xpac, more power to you, just dont feel too bad a year from now
Edited by Tikichicken on 2/2/2012 5:07 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]