(Locked)

90 Worgen Mage
02/02/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Frewdonist
Virtutis

You stole my transmog.

Le Gasp :O

Yourthe first one I have seen wearing my set lol

Only difference was I was using a different pair of shoulders till I got these and saw that they still suited so left the Transmog off - Vestia's Pauldrons of Inner Grace

Have a go with those shoulds if you want ;)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm beginning to think that Blizzard is wrangling WoW around the horns and making a come back with quality gameplay.

MoP seems to be catering more towards gameplay than appealing to the populist bases with some pop-cultured oriented lore. With the revamp of the talent system (which, in my humble opinion, is sheer brilliance) and the addition of 3 new and INNOVATIVE battlegrounds, two of which are based off of other games (DotA and TF2), I believe MoP will be a turn-around.

Blizzard = innovation. I wouldn't put it past them.

How are they "making a come back with quality gamplay?" The most recent content patch is easily one of the most horrible in the history of the game. It took me about 5 minutes or less to become completely bored with the Madness encounter.

Oh look, they're revamping the talent system yet once again. Nothing new about that. They haven't been able to get it right so far so they're trying again.

You also kill your own statement about them being innovative when you say in the same sentence that 2 of the 3 new battlegrounds are based off of other games. That's not innovation at all, in fact it's the opposite of innovation. They have ripped off content produced by someone else and called it their own.

I would be very surprised if Blizzard didn't once again lose a few hundred thousand customers. When's the next conference call, the 7th of this month?
85 Troll Druid
I'm beginning to think that Blizzard is wrangling WoW around the horns and making a come back with quality gameplay.

MoP seems to be catering more towards gameplay than appealing to the populist bases with some pop-cultured oriented lore. With the revamp of the talent system (which, in my humble opinion, is sheer brilliance) and the addition of 3 new and INNOVATIVE battlegrounds, two of which are based off of other games (DotA and TF2), I believe MoP will be a turn-around.

Blizzard = innovation. I wouldn't put it past them.

How are they "making a come back with quality gamplay?" The most recent content patch is easily one of the most horrible in the history of the game. It took me about 5 minutes or less to become completely bored with the Madness encounter.

Oh look, they're revamping the talent system yet once again. Nothing new about that. They haven't been able to get it right so far so they're trying again.

You also kill your own statement about them being innovative when you say in the same sentence that 2 of the 3 new battlegrounds are based off of other games. That's not innovation at all, in fact it's the opposite of innovation. They have ripped off content produced by someone else and called it their own.

I would be very surprised if Blizzard didn't once again lose a few hundred thousand customers. When's the next conference call, the 7th of this month?

They are actually expected to loose about 700k+. Anything under that would be surprising.
Edited by Tikichicken on 2/2/2012 5:09 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
WoW is an MMO. MMO means Massively MULTIPLAYER Online. This is not a single-player game. There are plenty of things to do solo, that is certain, but it is NOT a single-player game. If that's what you want, go play something that's NOT an MMO. You will be much happier.

I have been playing from Vanilla and used to be a raider. Now I take what the game offers, I dont go out there crying for content to be handed to me. Yet Blizzard has been catering to those who whine about not seeing content or having to group based content for "rewards" even though they have no interests in raiding. I dont care, I play a game for what it offers, others however not so much.

Yes to me this is an MMO and group based content should mean it requires teamwork and communication. Blizzard on the other hand in their attempt to make the game more appealing to others is designing group based content that is designed around solo players who have no interests in teamwork and it makes for utterly boring game play.
Edited by Blacksavior on 2/2/2012 5:14 PM PST
90 Orc Hunter
I think a turn around, back to quality needs to involve making complete sets for each class in every difficulty of each tier. I hope that Mists goes back to doing this, since the last 2 tiers decided to skip out on it. I would also love if they could go back to a bit more of the Ulduar or Naxx style of differentiation between the levels of tier set, since all the recoloring is getting to be just a bit much.
85 Troll Druid
02/02/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Jamalia
MoP is bringing a lot more content for the casual gamer...

More and more casual. They're trading income from new players buying all the xpacs and vanity items for that of those who put the game where it is.

Unlimited growth is not sustainable.

They actually have all the pieces in place to drop the sub from wow if they can guarantee millions of extra active users.

Cash shop, Pay to Win with selling cash shop stuff, Casual, may as well be a facebook extension now.
100 Orc Warlock
02/02/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Yay! Its been far too long since I've slaughtered a bunch of alliance in the world. I just hope the solution isn't bringing 30,000 alliance to Illidan. There's already more than enough lag to go around with that many horde.
I've been playing with a befuddling system that is WoW for a long time, and quite frankly, I hated some of the things that made the game tenuous and tedious.

Finding tomes on drops to learn spells that masters couldn't teach you. This didn't make a whole lot of sense. A complex talent tree with quite possibly only cookie-cutter options. How is that fun? Having to walk from quest to quest to quest for 40 levels... just insanely boring and tiresome. I remember walking all the way from Stormwind to the Hinterlands several times. That was just PAINFUL.

I'm really excited about MoP, because with each expansion, Blizz continues to impress me with the advancements that they design and engineer.
Community Manager
02/02/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Jimindar
It's even got me logging into some of the characters I haven't played in a while more often lately, just because I want to be fully prepared to diversify my gameplay and explore different avenues of content on different characters.

Is that like, the e-sport version of insider trading? o.O

I didn't mean that I'm using their info to my advantage. :p

I'm just saying that, based on all the new features we've discussed, I'm more enthusiastic about leveling some of my alts, playing level-85 characters I hadn't in a while, and generally just fitting in more time for WoW!
100 Orc Warlock
02/02/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Jamalia
More and more casual. They're trading income from new players buying all the xpacs and vanity items for that of those who put the game where it is.

Wouldn't that mean they'd put the game in a less casual direction? Casuals certainly didn't get WoW to where it is. And before someone says "Wrath had the most subs gained" you need to remember one thing: correlation does not imply causation. The casual nature of Wrath is not necessarily the reason that many subs were gained.
90 Human Mage

I'm just saying that, based on all the new features we've discussed, I'm more enthusiastic about leveling some of my alts, playing level-85 characters I hadn't in a while, and generally just fitting in more time for WoW!

Of all the announced features, one I am most excited about is the PVE Scenarios. Sadly I think people ignoring this new exiting feature(as it has so much potential.). What is the feature you are most interested in Zarhym?
Edited by Neverz on 2/2/2012 5:32 PM PST

Instead of chiming in on a thread that does nothing but kiss your collective butts.

Why don't you let us know what you guys intend to do with the ever growing lists of dying servers?

Perhaps the addition of even more reused templates, items, and NPC models?

There's really no reason for this tone or attitude, nor is it acceptable to hijack a thread because you feel what's being discussed isn't as important to you as another topic. Likewise, it's incredibly shortsighted and dismissive of you to accuse anyone who expresses positive sentiments about this game of kissing butt.

I respond when and where I can as I get the opportunity to browse the forums, and if I have relevant information to share. The fact of the matter is there are players out there who are happy with this game, looking forward to future content, and want to talk about it with their peers on the forums. And I'll absolutely encourage constructive conversations like this. You won't break me of habits which promote community relations.

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

Now, let's speak to each other like adults (or at least decent human beings), shall we? It's much easier to communicate with you when you're not just trying to make a fuss wherever you might get an employee's attention. :)

YEAH YOU TELL EM SKULLHEAD
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Zarhym

Without going into detail, are there any plans to keep a hardcore player playing? I usually only play 1 class, never really feel in love with another, so my alt time is very limited. Will there be enough to keep me entertained?
90 Human Mage

Without going into detail, are there any plans to keep a hardcore player playing? I usually only play 1 class, never really feel in love with another, so my alt time is very limited. Will there be enough to keep me entertained?

One of the new features they announced is the challenge modes, this is actually a neat idea because it can possibly tweaked and Blizzard could release this for raids. Who wouldn't love to run Black Temple for a gold medal?
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
You'll get a captivating story, breathtaking new lands to explore, a wide array of new and awesome good/bad guys (from what I've seen, REALLY awesome), a slew of new dungeons and raids, a new playable race, a new class, many outstanding systems improvements, etc.

O.o must have missed that part now im really intrigued

pulling out the big guns for this expansion eh? well with all the info youve given us (well hints) it sounds like this game is going to get only better /crosses fingers
Edited by Thaedris on 2/2/2012 5:42 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Warlock
02/02/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Vreivai
Wouldn't that mean they'd put the game in a less casual direction? Casuals certainly didn't get WoW to where it is. And before someone says "Wrath had the most subs gained" you need to remember one thing: correlation does not imply causation. The casual nature of Wrath is not necessarily the reason that many subs were gained.

Hmm... what does "casual" even mean in this context?

I never cancelled my account, but I definitely changed my focus throughout Cata, things were far too... 'structured' early on. By that I mean, heroics, and even normals, were a complete and utter mess without a coordinated, knowledgable group. i.e. guild group. Does enjoying pugging make me 'casual', or a 'bad'?

I don't really see the problem with making more PUG friendly content, especially considering they seem to be scaling the difficulty and features across multiple tiers.
85 Orc Warrior
`
Edited by Betka on 6/14/2012 6:21 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]