What Class should i make my healer?

85 Night Elf Hunter
Hello i recently decided that i wanted to roll a healer.i have very limited experience with healing and the only time i have done it was with a Shamen. and i latter found i just dont like that class healer or not.
so out of the other 3 classes what would be good Druid, Paladin or priest?
also i am a not the best player in the world. I would like to know peoples opinions.
Ty for helping me =D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I would go with Ron Burgandy

He stays classy all the time
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Well there is no reason not to try them all really.

Druids are heal-over-time based. They are very mobile and can heal while running. Their two basic strategies are healing a tank with a powerful stacked heal over time (Lifebloom) or scattering smaller heals over time (Rejuvenation and Wild growth) over a large number of targets. Their mana regen scales better with intellect than spirit. They have two cooldowns that are raid healing cooldowns (Tranquility and Tree of life) but not very good tank cooldowns. They do however have the best Battle rez in the game (rebirth) incase someone dies.

Paladins can tank-heal with some big single target heals and special heal-cleave called beacon of light that always also heals the designated target whenever any other target is healed. They have a very powerful saving throw (lay on hands) and several immunity and damage reduction cooldowns.They raid heal with two very powerful AoE heal Holy radiance and Light of dawn which can be spammed in a certain rotation. Their mana regen scales with spirit.

Discipline priests are shield and cast-stime healers. They shield to stop/prevent damage and then heal to restore damage done. They can choose to dps-heal with a mechanic called Atonement where their basic spell attack is converted into a heal, or they can ignore this function and be strict healers. Their signature spell, Penance is short cooldown channeled spell that is very strong single target heal. They have a strong damage reduction AoE spell called Power Word Barrier and they have a pretty good spammable 5 target heal in Prayer of Healing. Their regen scales best with intellect.

Holy Priests have a mechanic that lets them switch betwen single target and multi target healing. This is called their chakra state. As multi-target healers they use an AoE heal (Sanctuary), two five-target heals (Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing), spammed instant heals-over-time (renew) and a bouncing chain heal (Prayer of Mending). as single target healer they have several strong cast tiem heals. They also have a power single target Saving Throw. And Spell called Lightwwell that no one ever uses. their regen scales with spirit.
Edited by Nomahska on 2/1/2012 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hmmm... ty very much this information is useful. I like the fact druids can be mobil. Also the priests 2 different healing types could be useful. OK 2 classes down one to go. As you said I could. Try both of them. Ty fit you're help =)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
monk
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy Priests have a mechanic that lets them switch betwen single target and multi target healing. This is called their chakra state. As multi-target healers they use an AoE heal (Sanctuary), two five-target heals (Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing), spammed instant heals-over-time (renew) and a bouncing chain heal (Prayer of Mending). as single target healer they have several strong cast tiem heals. They also have a power single target Saving Throw. And Spell called Lightwwell that no one ever uses. their regen scales with spirit.

Don't underestimate it. It's arguably the strongest heal Holy has. And if you're stubborn about it, ppl will use it.

Edit: Talking about the lightwell.
Edited by Abeille on 2/1/2012 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc all the way i top heals constantly in raid settings
beating out those pesky resto druids.

from pvp stand point we are great aswell
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
^

Disc pretty much owns. Best tank healing design right now, imo. Preventing damage instead of just giving hp back works great on a lot of fights, particularly when eating the bolt on deathwing and fights with spike damage like heroic morchok... great cooldowns (Power infusion, power word: barrier, pain suppression, divine hymn, hymn of hope, shadow fiend... even archangel), and amazing mana regen with our rapture talent.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
the only time i have done it was with a Shaman. and i latter found i just don't like that class healer or not.

blasphemy.
A priest is a pretty solid choice. I don't think there's been a time where both specs were considered "bad."
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
Whats wrong with shaman healing? They are great 5-man healers (probably the best 5 man healing class), mana-efficient, strong punch-heals, bring lots of buffs. Whats not to like?

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
its not so much whats wrong with the healing just the class... i found the class boreing not just as a healer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]