History always repeats itself

64 Undead Mage
People are just trying to have fun and socialize in here, and yet, someone is STILL trying to make this their personal battlefield.
85 Night Elf Druid
Honestly blizzard needs to relax on the "report post" on ravencrest. If it wasn't for dirge, or triv I would have a lot less reason to come here to check it out. So person(s) clicking the report post button, save the 15 bucks for sub fee and go play out side.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't do it! We're only here to talk about how fabulous and amazing this game is. Anything to stray off topic is going against the Overlord's wishes!
90 Worgen Hunter
Yah still kinda new to ravencrest, been here only a few months. just heard the story about the Overlord from a guildy.

I can't believe some people are so anal retentive, that they got to get all gestopo, and report everyone.

sad to see this is still going on.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Actually, this forum is one of the better moderated forums of the server lot. It's also one of the reasons I moved to this server and enjoy visiting to read and learn. I hope the mods keep up the great work and we all enjoy the forums as they were meant to be as laid out in the Code Of Conduct that we all agreed to to post here.

Trolls and spammers really need to find better things to do.
Edited by Trìv on 2/3/2012 8:34 AM PST
- World of Warcraft
90 Troll Hunter
The thing is, no one is ever spamming (this thread isn't spamming) and people are rarely HONESTLY trolling, so the fact that almost every post in this thread is reported in asinine.

And I've been wondering who that other Triv was...
96 Troll Druid
Actually, this forum is one of the better moderated forums of the server lot. It's also one of the reasons I moved to this server and enjoy visiting to read and learn. I hope the mods keep up the great work and we all enjoy the forums as they were meant to be as laid out in the Code Of Conduct that we all agreed to to post here.

I smell an imposter.

What a #$%^&*()(*&^% freak.

The thing is, no one is ever spamming (this thread isn't spamming) and people are rarely HONESTLY trolling, so the fact that almost every post in this thread is reported in asinine.

And I've been wondering who that other Triv was...

I was under the impression that, since BC ended, most of us actually *like* each other.

SEEMS NOT EVERYONE AGREES LOL.
85 Night Elf Druid
The thing is here, I have played both alliance and horde here, the people here are great both sides. But if people keep this up the expansion will be out after Mists Of Pandaria and we will still be sitting on about 7 pages of threads. Community is great, people really don't "belittle" people as much here if at all compared to my other servers I have characters on. I do have to say I kinda miss the horde side here though....
90 Tauren Druid
So.... the question is how do we fix it? We don't have the ability to ban the responsible party, and those that do either don't see the problem or don't care enough to fix it. We have to figure out how to make them see or make them care (hopefully for former, not the latter).

One route is to contact the community managers directly. I've tried this in the past (legit stuff, none of the crazy), and I've received real (if unfulfilled) responses. Due to the ToS, I can't post their responses here, but if anybody is interested, I can paste everything on our happy Covenant forums.

wowreportedpost@blizzard.com gets responses if people would like to tell them how you feel. I would imagine more voices would give my words a bit more credibility, especially as I tend to go nuts occasionally. If you want it fixed, please let them know you want it fixed.

Both Bashiok and someone identifying himself as "Senior Forum Moderator Rygarius" have both replied to me when contacting this address. In the latter case, I was told that the team was instructed "to keep an eye on reporting activity" here, but maybe a gentle reminder is in order.

If that doesn't work, somebody can always try an insanely blatant TOS-violating rant. As best as I can figure, we're still batting .500 so far on that option.
Edited by Darmoch on 2/3/2012 7:34 PM PST
90 Human Priest
02/03/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Malaika

I couldnt agree more Raz. Does Ravencrest have a gauche sense of humor? Yes. Does that make us bad people? Maybe.

What am I trying to say again?

Oh right. Just because we have our fun doesnt mean we have to be constantly moderated. I think everyone agrees that this game is built around a sense of community; we can't continue to have this if our legs are constantly cut from beneath us.
90 Worgen Hunter

Really what's to learn in this forum?? all i see is guild recruitment posts. Methinks a troll can also be a person who ruins something because they have a biased opinion. why can't people just grow a thicker skin and grow up. sigh it's a game people.

thought control was the goal of world war 2 germany and we see how that turned out.
90 Tauren Druid

Really what's to learn in this forum?? all i see is guild recruitment posts. Methinks a troll can also be a person who ruins something because they have a biased opinion. why can't people just grow a thicker skin and grow up. sigh it's a game people.

thought control was the goal of world war 2 germany and we see how that turned out.

The guy posted on a fake Triv to try and undermine his argument. Don't fall for the troll. He's been doing the same thing for years. He's made similar posts in the thread from a year or so back, and he also bumps my recruitment thread from time to time when there's something on there he wants the mods to see. Don't bite on his comments.
90 Tauren Druid
02/03/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Luciferan
all i see is guild recruitment posts

That's about all that gets by these days. A few years back, these forums used to be very much alive. People from both sides were always joking around, and it was actually something worth looking at each day. Triv's story thread (a thread full of... yep, stories), was the stuff of legend.

But then some guy reported nearly everything on the forums, and all posts were deleted w/o warning or reason. The stories were gone forever, and most people left the forums (and in some cases the game).

Since this thread is about history repeating itself, I present this link from January 2011. I highly recommend reading post #5. The similarities are a bit frightening.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1920716696?page=1
Edited by Darmoch on 2/4/2012 4:56 AM PST
96 Troll Druid
A number of players also had their entire posting histories deleted, and I believe any thread in which these players posted had been deleted as well.

There used to be quite a nice, friendly, active community on the RC forums, believe it or not! That is why we still "wtf" over this BS. Nice, friendly, helpful.... and bannable? Yeah, one of those things just doesn't belong.

02/03/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Luciferan
Methinks a troll can also be a person who ruins something because they have a biased opinion.

Yarp, there's really only one troll on the RC forum. Pretty soon you will start to recognise all the alts of this player.

And posting as "Triv"? Lol, this person has been all over Triv for almost two years now. (Yeah, it's been very close to two years, Luciferan... that's nuts, eh?) What a #@$%^&*()*&^%$ freakazoid.

I'm so thankful to not be a sociopath.
90 Gnome Warlock
Isn't impersonating someone against the ToS or something of that sort?
96 Troll Druid
02/04/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Zephro
Isn't impersonating someone against the ToS or something of that sort?

I actually think it is, Zeph. And I was going to say that if I was Triv, I'd be emailing Blizzard about it. Since they can track people's forum history and such, they'd be able to see what's going on.

But knowing Blizzard and how they handled this crap, I'm sure all they'd say is "There is no rule against naming your character a name similar to that of another character on the same server". If that jackass was creeping on me and posting as Kroovî, though, I'd be a !@#$% about it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]