Paladin PvP Has Been Killed

85 Dwarf Paladin
Paladin PvP has officially been killed in patch 4.3.2. And now before you say "Wow stop qqing *!*" lemme get my 2 cents into this thread.

Ret Pallys while appearing to be a pretty good utility spec for PvP are literally the most paper thn plate wearing class in the game. This is why i switched to prot for PvP. Prot was niot over powered. A tank should be able to effectively kill 2 people or else why would thy call him a tank? All classes and specs need to be viable in PvP and now Prot Pally has been left to FC ONLY.

Normally i wouldnt care because i could juts go and play ret. However after my first game as ret in 3 months, i remember why i stopped playing ret to begin with. We were nerfed with 4.2.

Making our holy word CD 5 seconds longer was the most awful thing they could have done to rets for PvP. Taking away vengeance was the most awful thing they could do to kill Prot PvP. All they needed to do was lower the damage on the Blood DK's the Prot Pallys and Warriors have been majorly screwed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A tank should be able to effectively kill 2 people or else why would thy call him a tank?

Orly? Nothing wrong with that? A healer should be inmortal then, why else call it a healer?

A tank should be able to take lots of dmg, thats why they call them tanks...

Let me explain it in a simple way, to see if you understand how it works:

DPS: pewpew people
TANK: takes lots of pewpew and says: LOL U NO HURT ME
HEALZ: help people that is taking pewpew

If you mix 2 of those in one char then you break balance and the world (of warcraft) explodes.
Edited by Thehealbot on 2/3/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well Jheseus...

Ret paladins are fine

You need to work on a few things, and I'll list them

Your spec could be better

Your glyphs are a mess

Your gems are a mess

You're missing a bunch of enchants

You're using an outdated weapon, pick up a new one from one of the new instances or grind for the new PVP weapon

Our healing is fine, our damage is fine, word of glory is a godly heal if you use it at the right time, with Sacred Shield and Last Word, I can get healing crits on myself for easily 100k+, you need to rethink your spec if you feel you're dying too fast, ret paladins have GREAT healing

Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
A tank soaks up damage. A DpS "effectively" kills people. GTFO
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Did you really need to post this here and in the general forums?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Retadins are suppose be "weak", so trollers give up on the spec, before realizing it has potential to devastate opponents with right gear/skill. Oh and bring a friend along, It's Dangerous To Go Alone!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ummm comign from somone who used to play prot pally pvp in wotlk... blizz has straight up stated to find another class/spec... sad but they dont care to try and make prot pally pvp viable atm

so qqing about it will get you jack !@#$

02/03/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Thehealbot
A tank should be able to effectively kill 2 people or else why would thy call him a tank?

Orly? Nothing wrong with that? A healer should be inmortal then, why else call it a healer?

A tank should be able to take lots of dmg, thats why they call them tanks...

Let me explain it in a simple way, to see if you understand how it works:

HEALZ: help people that is taking pewpew

If you mix 2 of those in one char then you break balance and the world (of warcraft) explodes.

agreed /thread
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
I dont agree with jheseus ( being that a tank should take two people ) .

However, I do believe in one simplistic approach to pvp, that for obvious marketing strategies has been negated.

No one class should be overpowered above the rest - therefore a Disc Priest vs a Protection paladin would yield results based on their skill level at "clicking" and/or managing their cooldowns - yes of course their gear as well.

HEALZ:help people that is taking pewpew

Unfortunately this statement goes to show how simplified some people want this game. They can't wrap their minds around a "tank" in a battleground doing well in good gear. Its "protection" - Tank is something that got tossed around shortly after WoW first came out - its really a lazy way to refer to the protection spec and it attaches a scornful connotation.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why did you duplicate this thread in the General Forums lol.

To you I say, l2play. Rets are in a good spot right now. Not the BEST spot, but a good spot.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
OP seriously trying to comment on pvp.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
really. let's get to heart of the nerf. prot pallys were a bit O.P. and even as a pally i can agree with this. but come on, blizz ucked (f) everone over that used veng. warrs and pallys could of been tuned a bit, maybe 50% nerf. but the actual class that needed it, (blood dk's) are still rediculous. seems they can't ever nerf/correctly adjust the golden class. just as well give them stealth, to match all their other abilities.
Edited by Challas on 2/3/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Trolling.

All classes and specs need to be viable in PvP and now Prot Pally has been left to FC ONLY.

Trolling.

Making our holy word CD 5 seconds longer

Trolling.

How obvious does this guy have to make it before someone calls him out for trolling?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't whine about blood DK's.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
/yawn @ cayse. comperable gear and skill (pvp) see if you have a great chance
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I do, actually. Both ret and prot are quite capable of killing blood if you're patient and not stupid, which isn't even vaguely relevant to why vengeance needed to be removed from pvp.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
veng nerf aside i'd really love to hear your answer to killing blood. be patient, so rune tap, ice bound, worms. yada yada yada reset.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like killing blood DKs with exorcism spam after I freedom/sprint out of melee range. Tunnel me harder so I can keep kiting!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Jarshie, you made me laugh...and you're quite right...but I partially agree with Jheseus in that when ret was nerfed right down the septic system, I swapped to prot for pvp and have never looked back.

I do far more damage now, and gank far more of the opposition in bg's, than I ever did as a post-nerfed ret.

Heck, I even very nicely cleaned up an 85 enemy lock who set his sights on wiping out Thrallmar, just because he looked at me and laughed. The nerve! I was lvl 82 at the time and not at all sure I'd have managed killing him on my own as ret.

Prot seems to be a lot more fun, imho. (perhaps I shouldn't say that, Blizz no doubt already have ideas on ways to nerf prots into utter uselessness, as well).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Morganá
I do far more damage now, and gank far more of the opposition in bg's, than I ever did as a post-nerfed ret.

Whatever you say lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
UHG! These forums are so frustrating to read! There seems to be a dedicated contingent that blasts anyone saying anything negative about the changes that Blizzard makes to the game, right at a time when they NEED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK BADLY. The OP is right on about everything he said. It was a completely ridiculous maneuver by Blizzard to, first overpower vengeance by a ridiculous amount, and yes blood DK's ARE the real problem, and then oh so predictably over-nerf it. The only consolation was that everybody knew it was coming. And yes, we deserve a break as paly's in PVP, and frankly our healer spec could stand a nerf in that regard, because they ARE practically unkillable. I understand that for years, we were the most OP spec in the game, and that everybody who's played a long time remembers that and still thinks of it that way. But that has not been the case for a while now. Taking away word of glory with the explanation that we are not a healing class unless we spec into that tree is !@#$%^- ridiculous, unnecessary. Nerfing hammer of wrath while buffing our dot was pointless, and hamstrings a major part of ret's main rotation. Maybe it is wrong to say that Prot should be able to outright "kill" 2 or more characters as a tank, but they at least should be viable enough to take on multiple characters in a fight, as a tank spec. Vengeance should be a part of that mechanic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]