Alienware X51

90 Night Elf Rogue
I would like some people's opinion of the new Alienware X51. Also, I do not plan on building my own because I do not have the time to do that and I doubt I could do it properly. So for those who know about or have it, is it good?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The X51 should only be bought if you want a very slim computer. Otherwise, do not. It has very limited upgrade capacity, and heat inside of it is pretty bad.
85 Human Rogue
02/03/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Felrindar
I would like some people's opinion of the new Alienware X51. Also, I do not plan on building my own because I do not have the time to do that and I doubt I could do it properly. So for those who know about or have it, is it good?

Building your own computer really doesn't take time. Sure it's not plug n play, but the time you put into building your computer the first time is really extremely negligible. It' easier than you might think, setting up a computer. Do you have any buddies that know how to or could help you out?

Also, what the two posters above me said.
22 Human Warlock
I was talking to the people at Alienware and their tech-support team was illiterate as a bunch of 7 year olds.
85 Goblin Death Knight
02/04/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Gatchaman
Yeah don't buy a slim computer, no matter the brand. PITA to upgrade later.

Hell pain to build too >.< only time i would recommend one is if you live in an RV or something and even then just get a nice laptop and be done with it.
90 Gnome Rogue
A friend of mine wanted me to look at Dells for him since his wife's work will finance a Dell for them. I thought, Oh they bought Alienware, this shouldn't be too bad. Boy was I wrong. I bought an Alienware desktop for my Dad about 10 years ago. It was fairly cheap and completely configurable.

I look at Alienware under Dell, and there are no changes you can make to the configuration. Their idea of a different configuration is whether to include MS Office or not. The 2-3 lowest end boxes include GT video cards. Yes, they recommend these for gaming. GT cards are not gaming cards.

At this point, I don't know what to tell my friend. While these systems might be better than what he has (I think it's a P3 with an AGP port which plays wow only at minimum settings), they really don't have anything I would call a gaming computer at a reasonable price.

For the $699 they want for the low end box, I could build something with about double the power.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok, ill see about other choices in desktops, and I do not really have anyelse to help me build one.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What is your maximum budget?
90 Night Elf Rogue
It really depends but im sure soon I could go up around $1800
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here is the cheapest, but best gaming pre-built PC for the money right now:
(Does not include monitor)

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DX07F

Just going to mention if you built your own using similar specs, it'd come up to about $900ish.
90 Night Elf Rogue
so buying the parts individually is cheaper?

and for that computer you linked, The price is what it shows before all of the specs are selected?
Edited by Felrindar on 2/4/2012 12:49 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
At mid to high-end levels, yes.

Edit: The price is as it is configured (turn on the JavaScript on that page if you did not)
Edited by Kalganized on 2/4/2012 12:49 PM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok. Are there any certain parts you suggest I add for a little extra?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
None. It is as good as it is. Any other performance enhancing options will noticeably add to your totals.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok thanks Ill keep this site saved, one last thing before I go, Does it have a good potential to be upgraded?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes. It has off-the-shelfs parts only, so you can upgrade things with no issues.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok awesome, thank you very much.
Get the Alienware. You will not be disappointed. Don't listen to the biased haters. They are so jealous of everyone that has Alienware because they cant afford it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]