A heroes guide to mogging (Weapons!).

90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can post now! ^-^

Alright, Blizz, We know a lot of people hate the item enchants showing on there mogged weapons, I've seen many qq threads about it. Well. who dose anything about it?

I do! I've been looking, Hunting you might say, For some weapons that will NOT show the item enchants!

I've not had a lot of success but I've found a few. I've found maces, and some light saber swords. I keep on my hunt daily, Looking at what people use, Looking for what would work.. Well. This is what I have as of right now.

* The list goes Maces & Two Handed Maces ( See post #2 ) - Swords & Two Handed Swords ( See post #3 ) - Staves ( See post #4 ) - Daggers ( See post #6 ) - Axes and Two Handed Axes ( See post #7 ) - Polearms ( See post #8 )*

*NOTE: The original post was taken down but I got the O.K. from The Community Team to put it back up, I have most of the stuff on the post, but if I don't have some on the post, Please tell me! :)*
Edited by Nimila on 2/4/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Maces
All the same model. Devout Aurastone Hammer This is off of a heirloom vender for 2,725 JP, 110 tickets from the Darkmoon Faire, or 60 Champion's Seal at the Argent Tournament.

Aurastone Hammer This has a 19% drop chance off of "Garr" in the Molten Core.

Diamond-Core Sledgemace This one drops only in normal! It drops off of "The Maker" he's the first boss in The Blood Furnace, the dungeon is found in Hellfire Citadel. I recommend going for this one because it is so easy to farm. It has a 18% chance drop.

Mogor's Anointing Club This one is is from "The Ring of Blood: The Final Challenge" in Nagrand, Horde and Alliance. It's easy to do at 85 if you have not done it yet! :)

*different models*

Ironfoe has a nice yellow tiny to it, it drops off of Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in Blackrock Depths and has a 4% drop rate.

Shockwave Truncheon is a nice silver Main Hand mace that drops off drops off Murmur in Heroic Shadow Labyrinth. It has a 15% drop rate.

Hammer of Atonement is a nice purple weapon, It has a slight white glow to it, So it doesn't show enchants. It drops off of Kaz'rogal in Hyjal Summit. It has a 19% drop chance.

Hammer of Judgement is the red of the mace above, It is a rare drop off of mobs in Hyjal Summit. It also has a white glow to it.

*Two Handed Maces*
Earthwarden has a green tint to it, It requires Cenarion Expedition to be Exalted and you can buy it for about 266 Gold.

Firemaul of Destruction is a nice mace and it looks like it has fire off of it, It's a nice mace, I'm even getting it for my transmog! :) It drops off of Warbringer O'mrogg in The Shattered Halls, It has a 20% drop chance.

Akirus the Worm-Breaker is a nice model, It has a orangeish yellow glow at the top and bottom of it. It drops off of Magmaw in Blackwing Descent and has a 28% drop rate.
Edited by Nimila on 3/12/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Swords
*Note: These swords do show the enchants, But they're glowly so they just look like part of the weapon.*

These swords are 'lightsaber' models, All the same model, all have the blue glow.
This list is starting off with Spellfire Longsword, This Main Hand weapon drops off of "Mennu the Betrayer" in The Slave Pens. It has a 19% drop rate and is very easy to farm. It only drops in normal.

If you were lucky enough to get Argent Avenger when it was obtainable, I would use it! It is a nice One-Hand weapon that you can use for Mogging your weapons. Sadly, It is no longer available in the game, but you can use it if you got it.

Little Gnome Warriors! Come here, I got the perfect 2h sword for you!
Very Light Sabre in Dun Morogh you can get this weapon from a quest, It's for Warriors and it's easy to do if you've not done it yet. :)

*Not the lightsaber model anymore ^^*

Bloodmaw Magus-Blade is a nice looking sword that has a blue tint to it, It drops off of "Gruul the Dragonkiller" in, You guessed it, Gruul's Lair, It has a 12% drop chance.

Scimitar of the Sirocco You get this item from a Tol'vir rare archaeology find, It takes 150 fragments and can take up to 3 keystones to make, It has fire glowing around the weapon. :)

Speedsteel Rapier has a nice little ball that floats around the blade making it not show enchants, It has a random drop rate, Good luck getting it.

Frostguard is a nice, Frost looking sword, It has what looks to be a snow ball the orbits around the end of it.

Lydia's Sharpened Swordbreaker is a nice 'Dark' sword. It has an orange glow to it. It's a random world drop, If you're going for this, I recommend camping the AH for it.

Restored Archeus has a nice ghost-like glow to it. This sword is Alliance-Only. You get it from a quest in Duskwood.

Blazing Rapier Has an orange glow to it. Made by a Blacksmith.

Greatsword of Horrid Dreams is the Main Hand partner to Greatsword of Forlorn Visions, that is two hander.

Two Handed Swords.
Sul'thraze the Lasher is a black and purple two handed sword, It is nice looking and it has two little green skulls that spin around the top of it, because of the skulls, It doesn't show any enchants.

Abaddon is a nice blueish white two hand sword, This item only drops in Normal 10 Ulduar. It drops off of Yogg-Saron, it has a 12% drop rate.

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is a nice red sword that has a red glow to it. It drops off of Nefarian in Blackwing Lair, It has a 8% drop rate.

Arkadian Claymore Is a nice, Normal sword, but It has a purple glow to it, This is a Horde only weapon and you can get it in Nagrand for about 9gold.

Halaani Claymore This is the same model as above, It's nice and has that purple glow to it, This is Alliance only and you can get it in Nagrand for about 10gold..

Greatsword of Forlorn Visions is a nice Blackish-Purple sword, and it has a Main-Hand that is the same model.
Edited by Nimila on 5/14/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Staves
Staff of Infinite Mysteries is a purple staff, a tad glowly it's self and it drops off of "The Curator" in Karazhan, It has a 13% drop rate.

Staff of Beasts Is a Purple, Bat looking staff, It is from the last Ring of Blood quest in Nagrand, It looks cool and doesn't have a color glow to it, but it doesn't show the enchant.

Terokk's Shadowstaff is a green staff with a purple tint to it, It drops off of "Talon King Ikiss" In Sethekk Halls, Heroic only. It has a 14% drop rate.

Staff of the Redeemer Is a pinkish purple staff that has a pink glow to it, It is from a quest in Shadowmoon Valley.

Whiteout Staff has a white glow to it, This is Horde only. This is 250 Honor Points and you can get it in AV.

Crackling Staff has a white glow to it, This is Alliance only. This is 250 Honor Points and you can get it in AV.

Staff of Hale Magefire Elemental Mage StaffSoulkeeper Are all the same model, They have many random spawn points, but there is only one that have this same model that has a higher drop points than any other, and that is Staff of Metanoia, It drops in Scholomance and drops off of Jandice Barov, It has a 16% drop chance.

Lightning RodThis weapon is from Dragon Soul, It doesn't show enchants, but it's quite hard to get because it is indeed from the new raid and everyone and there mother is trying to get it. It drops from "Hagara the Stormbinder" and it has a 0.6 drop rate, if you try to get this one, I wish you luck!

Damnation is red and black with a white glow at the top of it. It drops off of Gluth in 25Man Normal Naxxramas it has a 0.7% drop chance.

Chillwind Staff Obtained from the last quest in the Andorhal chain in Western Plaguelands for the Alliance. This is Alliance only. It drops rose petals from the head of the staff and has the same model as Staff of Earned Tranquility a worgen only item from the starting area.

Zhar'doom, Greatstaff of the Devourer is a nice looking warlock-y staff, It looks like the Fel Hound that warlock's have, the eyes glow green, making enchants not show.

Staff of Immaculate Recovery is a nice priest-looking Staff, It drops off of Gurtogg Bloodboil in Black Temple. It has a 15% drop rate.
Reply Quote
Oh, Nimmy is being awesome again. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Daggers
This is a list of Daggers that someone else already made, They don't show the enchants because they have the glow them self.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424793138

Jaded Crystal Dagger Is a nice glowy dagger, it pegs me as a Druid weapon because it is white, it is nice and doesn't show enchants.
Edited by Nimila on 4/25/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One Handed Axes
Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos Is a nice One-Hand Axe that is pretty, It looks like it has fire on it. This item drops from Nefarian in Blackwing Lair, It has a 9% drop chance.

Breeching Comet is a nice purple weapon with a whiteish glow to it, It drops from Magisters' Terrace off of Kael'thas Sunstrider, It has a 24% drop chance.

The Burning CrusaderThis Shiny pinkish purple crystal and a small flame effect in the middle. Also very easy to get from the small quest chain in netherstorm.

Rising Tide is a nice red, glowy Axe. It's very nice looking, as well.

Two Handed Axes
Axe of Shattered Dreams is a nice blue glowy weapon. It drops off of Kael'thas Sunstrider in Magisters' Terrace, It has a 16% drop rate.

Fiery War Axe has a nice Fiery glow to it.
Edited by Nimila on 5/30/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Polearms.

Kiril, Fury of Beasts has a blue glow to it and doesn't show enchants. (I've only been told by one person it doesn't show his/her Agil enchant, So I'm not 100% sure it if doesn't show all enchants...) It drops off of Madness of Deathwing in Dragon Soul. It has a 26% drop rate.

Halberd of Desolation is a nice polearm, It has a red glow to the top of it and drops off of High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple. It has a 17% drop rate.

Blackened Spear is a nice small polearm, It has a black glow to it. This is a Horde item only. It Requires Thrallmar to be Revered before you can buy it, And you can buy it for about 56g.

Hellforged Halberd is the Alliance item to the one above, It has a nice red glow to it and it Requires Honor Hold to be Revered. You can buy it for about 56g.

Alright! That's the list.. I'll keep looking and if I find anything that isn't already on the list, I'll update it! I hope you guys like this and use the weapons!

If you know any other weapons that hide the enchants, please, Pleasepleaseplease post it so I can add it to the list!

A thank you to everyone who is telling me some stuff that I've missed. ❤
Edited by Nimila on 2/7/2012 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hmmmm....
Me like.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmmm....
Me like.
Glad that you like it. :D ❤
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yaaaaaaaaaay!

More moggie stuffs!

02/03/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Nimila
It drops off of "Elementium Fragment" in Dragon Soul. It has a 26% drop rate.

It drops off of Madness of Deathwing.
Edited by Kikis on 2/4/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Kikis
It drops off of Madness of Deathwing.
-eyebrow-
It drops off of DWs chin.
WoWHead calls it "Elementium Fragment". I was just calling it what WoWHead called it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
-eyebrow-
WoWHead calls it "Elementium Fragment". I was just calling it what WoWHead called it.

Never understood why it was called Elementium Fragment and not "Chin".

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
-eyebrow-

/confused

But the boss-fight itself is called Madness of Deathwing.

D:

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/04/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Kikis

Yeah but the loot chest equivalent for the Madness of Deathwing fight is "Elementium Fragment".

Wowhead didn't really go out of its way to correct that. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Novalas
Never understood why it was called Elementium Fragment and not "Chin".
Ikr
/confused

D:
Yes.
But it wouldn't drop from Madness of Deathwing, It would drop off of Deathwing.
Yeah but the loot chest equivalent for the Madness of Deathwing fight is "Elementium Fragment".

Wowhead didn't really go out of its way to correct that. :P
WOWI'MSLOW.

Ok, I know why it is called that now, In the DW fight, he hurls Elementium Fragments, And right before the fight ends, he hurls one out, It's not his chin!... I don't think anyway...

It is confusing indeed.
Edited by Nimila on 2/4/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes.
But it wouldn't drop from Madness of Deathwing, It would drop off of Deathwing.

Yeah, but..

NEVERMIND, I GIVE UP.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/04/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Pariva
Because the Boss is named "Elementium Fragment", which is a crappy name for a fight.

I don't even.
>_<
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
+1 for Nimmeh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]