Looking for Raid loot suggestions.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was having a conversation with a friend about LFR and talking about some ideas that could possibly making the whole loot situation easier. This is what I came up with;

The main thing you always see people have issues with is people rolling on items that they already have or have better than, rolling to trade for other items or to give to friends, winning two of the same items in one run, etc etc.

So, that being said. Something that might fix the issue is to make the loot in LFR similar to that of loot items that drop off Holiday bosses. They are unique making it so if you have the item anywhere in your inventory you automatically pass it. Now that wouldn't work for say the 1H weapons due to people duel wielding, though that would fix the issue of people rolling on items they already have for the sole purpose of trading, DEing, or just because they feel like it. That would also solve people winning more than one tier token of the same item in a raid because until that item was turned in for armor, they couldn't win another token for the same slot due to it also being unique.

Anyways, just wanted to throw out any suggestions to make LFR more enjoyable for those that play fair! :) Happy raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you're a hybrid, what about tier tokens?

I dont have a single tier token in my bags, I have many tier pieces for different specs. I have 4/5 prot tier, if I queue healer does it mean I cant get my healing tier? (and i always queue healer. queue is short).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
If I que as a healer with tank tokens or gear from another run/week, I should be able to roll on the new tokens.

If I que as a fury Warrior, I should be able to win Gurth twice (ignore the fact it's a bad offhand)

I also use multiple sets on my tank, that I swap stamina over ctc cap for a couple encounters where eh is more important.

The biggest solution to LFR loot is to stop finding a million reasons why YOU deserve loot everytime you lose a roll.
Edited by Anotherasane on 2/4/2012 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
what if you're a warrior tank/dps and your tanking weapon is a modified Hand of Morchok? can you get your hands of morchok for dps? if you queued dps?

by 'modified' i literarly mean like the one I'm using right now for example. since mastery is neutral to some extent.
Edited by Robokapp on 2/4/2012 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
what if you're a warrior tank/dps and your tanking weapon is a modified Hand of Morchok? can you get your hands of morchok for dps? if you queued dps?

by 'modified' i literarly mean like the one I'm using right now for example. since mastery is neutral to some extent.

LFR wise, the weapons lack 2ndary stats besides the Rogue dagger.

So, in the current state, it wouldn't matter
Edited by Asane on 2/4/2012 12:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you're a hybrid, what about tier tokens?

I dont have a single tier token in my bags, I have many tier pieces for different specs. I have 4/5 prot tier, if I queue healer does it mean I cant get my healing tier? (and i always queue healer. queue is short).

Don't confuse tier token with a piece of tier gear. By making the tokens unique for helm/shoulder/chest/legs/gloves I'm saying you cannot win two of the same token for a certain piece of armor in one run. Once you turn it in obviously that no longer applies since there are multiple specs for certain classes, but while that TOKEN is in your bag and not yet turned in, you cannot win another. The tier pieces themselves would not be unique, because that would hinder multiple gear sets being owned by a character. As I said, just the token being unique.

Honestly what would be a better fix is that the tokens in LFR be like that of the tokens in ICC. Being usable for any piece and then having those tokesn only being won by each person only once per raid, giving many more people a fair shot at it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
You'd just hold up the raid as I ported out to turn in the token so I could win more.

Also, ICC tokens were incredibly boring, just like ToC tokens were.
Edited by Asane on 2/4/2012 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'd just hold up the raid as I ported out to turn in the token so I could win more.

Also, ICC tokens were incredibly boring, just like ToC tokens were.

As why I said what would be a better fix is that the tokens be like that of ICC and then only allowing each player to only win one. Turned in or not you could only win one per raid lockout.

And boring maybe so, I was just trying to think of ideas to fix some of the situations in LFR. Not saying that they are the best option out there, just ideas.

The only reason I say unique is because that's better than the current situation with people winning whatever and however many they want just because they can. *shrug*
Edited by Hellkitten on 2/4/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
only win 1 per raid?

Oh look, I won one.

/leave party

Reque
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think LFR should not drop gear, but rather just bags of gold, gems, special crafting mats, pets, mounts, etc. and you can roll on them as long as you kill the boss, regardless of how many times you do it in a week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
only win 1 per raid?

Oh look, I won one.

/leave party

Reque

That wouldn't do anything. You can only win loot from each boss once a week anyways, and it's under the same lockout on your character. Technically, 1 full raid.
Edited by Hellkitten on 2/4/2012 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
only win 1 per raid?

Oh look, I won one.

/leave party

Reque

oh look, the boss I need is already dead. /refuse queue. /refuse queue /refuse queue /refuse queue /fresh group with 12 priests. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
02/04/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Hellkitten
That wouldn't do anything. You can only win loot from each boss once a week anyways, and it's under the same lockout on your character. Technically, 1 full raid.

You said 1 token per raid

the first 6 bosses all have a chance of dropping any token x2, along with 5 of them dropping 2 of their specific token (Can Morchok drop 3 or 4 tokens? I think I've seen 3 a few times, but can't remember speciically)

If you mean on 1 boss, they already have protection for that.
Edited by Asane on 2/4/2012 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Asane

You said 1 token per raid

the first 6 bosses all have a chance of dropping any token x2, along with 5 of them dropping 2 of their specific token (Can Morchok drop 3 or 4 tokens? I think I've seen 3 a few times, but can't remember speciically)

If you mean on 1 boss, they already have protection for that.

As you even quoted me on and stated, I said 1 token per raid. So no I'm not talking about 1 token per boss. I'm talking about 1 token per raid. When you queue you're queuing for technically 1 raid, but you're running in 2 different raids since it's part 1, part 2. You get ONE in each part of those raids. Which would automatically be only one per boss because if you won two on 1 boss that would already be more than 1 a raid (simple concept).

It would split loot up more equally. Of course Blizz would need to come up with something that would actually track if you've won one, even if you drop raid and re-queue for the same part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Regardless though, the token per raid thing wasn't my original purpose in this post and it's something I don't care about all that much about.

My main thing was offset pieces, trinkets, bracers, etc etc. Just saying that if they were "Unique" items meaning you could only carry 1 in your bag at a time it would keep people from needing items they already have. That's really all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You have one of the worse character audits I've ever seen.

As for your idea, I couldn't care less if my alts lost something to someone who already has it (or even better). I'll just go again next week.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I wanted to post a thread but I didn't want to post a new one when there's already so many topics about this.

Some suggestions I would make:

1) You may only get your role bonus on one loot item per half-raid. You can still roll need, but you lose the added role bonus. Need rolls without bonus would trump greed/DE rolls. Potentially amend this suggestion such that any time you roll win an item, your role bonus is cut in half.

2) Make LFR items not able to be vendored for any gold.

3) Make LFR items not able to be disenchanted, except via the loot roll option.

4) Make you ineligible to roll on items that you have a non-raid finder version of already. Obviously this would have to exclude tier tokens but it would prevent people who already have a higher item level weapon, for example, from rolling need on it and then vendoring it.

5) For the love of god, if you roll need on an item, then leave the raid, make the loot system think you passed on it. I've seen a fair bit of griefing by needing something that people don't actually want, then dropping group.

6) If you leave group, you auto-pass on anything up for rolling.

--

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
I was having a conversation with a friend about LFR and talking about some ideas that could possibly making the whole loot situation easier. This is what I came up with;

The main thing you always see people have issues with is people rolling on items that they already have or have better than, rolling to trade for other items or to give to friends, winning two of the same items in one run, etc etc.

So, that being said. Something that might fix the issue is to make the loot in LFR similar to that of loot items that drop off Holiday bosses. They are unique making it so if you have the item anywhere in your inventory you automatically pass it. Now that wouldn't work for say the 1H weapons due to people duel wielding, though that would fix the issue of people rolling on items they already have for the sole purpose of trading, DEing, or just because they feel like it. That would also solve people winning more than one tier token of the same item in a raid because until that item was turned in for armor, they couldn't win another token for the same slot due to it also being unique.

Anyways, just wanted to throw out any suggestions to make LFR more enjoyable for those that play fair! :) Happy raiding.

It would kinda stink for classes that use the same gear for multiple specs, but gem and enchant it differently. Plus come on...it's LFR. It's not like it's heroic raid loot. I really don't understand why players get so bent out of shape over this loot. I gave away a chest token the other day to someone who needed it.
Edited by Ainsley on 2/7/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Plus come on...it's LFR. It's not like it's heroic raid loot. I really don't understand why players get so bent out of shape over this loot. I gave away a chest token the other day to someone who needed it.

The LFR loot should be more for players that either don't want to or can't do heroic raiding each week for whatever reason. So when an item drops that would help your character it really blows that someone that has it or better takes it from you. It shouldn't be a some foregone conclusion that someone is just going to take it for the sake of griefing.
I think a couple of things could help with this.

1. Make items unique in a manner like Unique (1) or Unique (2) so that you can only have 1 or 2 or said item ANYWHERE on your character regardless of if it's Raid Finder or not. That would solve the issue for having two of the same sword or dagger. And if you have the item you should auto-pass on it like holiday loot so guilds can't roll a dozen times and give the item/token away.

2. If you have the piece of gear that the tokens that drop are used for you should auto-pass on it too. If you are in the dungeon as a tank and you have the piece of gear that the token belongs to you should auto-pass as well. If you need it for offspec you should come as offspec.

3. As far as LFR goes these all gear that you have a higher item level of should be auto-passed or only allowed to be rolled on as DE.

We have to remember that LFR is all some people are able to do and is the only raiding experience they get to have. Even though you may view it as a stepping stone toward other things it shouldn't be openly abused. None of these solutions would be very hard and implementing them is only a matter of moving some numbers around for Blizz.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
There is nothing in the game that disheartens me and truly makes me consider quitting more than the current LFR system. I wonder with homogenization of the classes came a complete dilution of any class or character? In other words, people have become down-right mean. There are good folks out there but they seem to be few and far in between these days.

Almost everyone I inspected already had what they rolled on or better. Doesn't mean it wasn't passed out or in the very least OSed. The main focus of my thoughts here today are with all of the "If I want to need and shard/vendor it, I should be able to click need even if it means someone who actually needs it gets nothing." Doing this in an LFD will get you kicked real quick. There are enough threads on this that I'm sure Blizzard will have something to rectify the situation at some point. I can't imagine for the life of me that Blizzard would want to have a system that could be abused which would cause unnecessary anguish to their player base. I look forward to the day reckoning soon.

Above all - be courteous. Remember do unto others? Try it - you might be surprised how nice it feels to help your fellow gamer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]