Shared Achievements?

85 Night Elf Warrior
so if ive got 90k honor kills on my warrior, 50k on my druid, 20k on my hunter and 25k on my shaman and so on and so forth, are they now going to count towards the same achievement?

the same applies for other achievements too, such as conquest and valor points collected and stuff
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account.

Does that include accounts that have been closed/banned/suspended on the same battle.net account? Please God say yes...I really dont want to do Insane or Loremaster again.....

How'd you get banned/suspended/closed?
Reply Quote
I do NOT like this idea. It’s bad enough that my account-wide pets and mount appear in the mail-box of a character I have just created. I don’t want all my characters to have everything the same. They are supposed to be individuals.

What I would like is the option of transferring certain skills and items between characters. For example, if I want one character to become only a gatherer of ores and herbs, I’d like to be able to transfer his inscription skills to another character without having to start from the beginning again. If I decide to delete my only leatherworker to make space to start a goblin or pandaren, I’d like to transfer her maxed skills to another character, rather than lose it all. If I change my main, I’d like to be able to transfer the old main’s achievements and pets and mounts to the new main.

Please rethink this one, Blizz. Perhaps make it optional for account-wide “everything.” Or limit it to transferring or duplicating achievements or whatever to specific characters.
Edited by Trilliam on 2/7/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
-
Edited by Jiff on 6/14/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This is really the most exciting feature I am looking forward to, a really impressive feature that will convince me to play WoW over other games. Being less and less limited by class choice is a fantastic goal to aim for to keep modern players playing.

<3 Blizz =D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account.

/sigh.

Too bad you got rid of weapon proficiencies before I finished up with my staff, sword and dagger. Knuckle sandwich was fun, but if I'd known the others were going away, I'd have finished them up before it was too late.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

While this is a nice change for many of the achievements out there, there are still some achievements that just wouldn't feel right on my alts. Sure, Dryadius is a maximum level cook with the title "Chef" and is only one recipe away from the "Iron Chef" achievement. *grumbles something about lazy guild members and lack of motivation for fishing* It would be really weird to have the title "Chef" on my alt Laelaps and have her running around not being able to cook anything. It really wouldn't make much sense. At least not to me.

Is there any plan to disallow specific achievements on alts unless the alt itself made the effort to get that achievement?

I would feel the same way about seeing a level 65 running around with the "Kingslayer" title as well. Maybe a good restriction would be to disallow achievements that award titles to players alts unless those alts have been through those same trials?
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
can you add cheevs for all the rare BoP arch stuff, like the bug mount? i have it on my mage, instead of my main, because i was farming for the alchemy recipie

also make arch less grindy, i still don't have the BoA zin'rokh :(
Edited by Pathogen on 2/7/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
The whole reason to do account wide chieves is to allow ppl the freedom to try other characters without feeling they are "missing out on something" if a mount or chieve hits on an alt.

The way I see it, it needs to be an all or nothing. If it's not an "All", then ppl will still feel compelled to play on their mains. I am one of those ppl.

As much as I love playing my alts all of my time and things are vested in my main here. So, putting time into them is reinventing the wheel. I would really like to play my alts and have an accounting of my time put in to show, instead I have to resort back to my main for anything I want to add to my achievements. This keeps me away from really enjoying my alts as I would like to do more on them and not have to worry about losing it.

So yeah, achievements 'account wide' all in would be good.
Reply Quote
13 Human Hunter
I dont want all my toons to be the same

This really is upsetting to me.

For example, this toon is my Ironman Challenge toon, I do not want her to have any achieves that do not go with the challenge. Its not part of the challenge to have cooking and tailoring , etc which my main already has maxed.

I have alot of alts whom I love individually for different reasons and different playstyles.

Just do not like it.

Please at least let us OPT OUT of this and get our individual achievements if we want... Please
Edited by Ironbelle on 2/7/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

While this is a nice change for many of the achievements out there, there are still some achievements that just wouldn't feel right on my alts. Sure, Dryadius is a maximum level cook with the title "Chef" and is only one recipe away from the "Iron Chef" achievement. *grumbles something about lazy guild members and lack of motivation for fishing* It would be really weird to have the title "Chef" on my alt Laelaps and have her running around not being able to cook anything. It really wouldn't make much sense. At least not to me.

Is there any plan to disallow specific achievements on alts unless the alt itself made the effort to get that achievement?

I would feel the same way about seeing a level 65 running around with the "Kingslayer" title as well. Maybe a good restriction would be to disallow achievements that award titles to players alts unless those alts have been through those same trials?

Perhaps I am missing the point...but couldn't you just not use the title despite having it? For example under this new system my Warlock would have "Crusader" but I wouldn't use it on him because it doesn't really fit warlocks...or at least my definition of them. Couldn't you just sit on particular titles until you felt the character earned them?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I need new pants
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I see your point, although I'm on the other end I respect that.

Maybe it could be an option to opt in to for the expansion upon login. If you do not wish to you could deny it but still have the opportunity to later merge it via the login screen for your toon.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
02/06/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Slavryx
will all accounts on you bnet automatically share achievments nomatter weather its active or not ? or will we have to activate accounts to get the to credit,

bumpingthis
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other platform or service let's you repeat achievements. (unless on another account of course)

I for one support this change and ultimately it gives you the opportunity to complete other achievements and I also believe it encourages far more people to go for achievements! as it would make it far less daunting.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Please make this include FoS and titles. I will give anything, anything to have Grand Marshall on my mage :'(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
what about shared mounts? i made a thread asking and no one answered!
dont make me spam threads with this question!
This. WTB answer. I would love for all the mounts I collected on my pally (including Carpets and Flying machines from random prof changes) that I would love to have on my hunter. And as for my new main (this guy :P) I would love to have his chopper and sandstone drake on the rest of my toons. Then I wouldn't feel so bad spending so much gold on them. LvL 20 alts with choppers = winning.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
But how will I lie about having done X instance?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]