Shared Achievements?

14 Gnome Mage
Two things:

1) Please, please, please make this account wide (not merely server, or faction-wide). Many of us veterans have abandoned older characters on lonely older servers.

2) Once this goes well, hopefully the same treatment is coming for mounts. Proudly displaying the full scope of my achievements would include displaying many rare mounts that aren't even available in game anymore, but that I've abandoned on older characters on older servers.

This is a great feature that I am really excited about.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
i would like to know if pets/mounts/titles will be retroactively account wide.

ie: will this toons corrupted firehawk be sent to all my toons in the mail?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
No offense meant, but I thought that having shared achievements and whatnot in MoP was already mentioned a good while back?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Will this also apply to titles that apply to specific achievements? I would love to have my PVP title on a character that hasn't been gathering dust for 4 years.

I'd rather not see them share Feats of Strength. It would be odd to see DK's with the PvP Vanilla FoS or a Monk with the Wrath currency FoS just because it's a FoS for the character that earned them that often can't be ever completed again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I think at this point just about every non gear reward should be account wide.

Mounts
Titles
Pets
Tabards
Costumes (non trinket ones)

The first 3 are the most important, though, I think.

I am someone who has main changed several times. I don't really do it because I want to do it - I do it because the people I'm playing with have a need for some class or role that I can fill.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/marionette/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/chicane/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/ashunera/advanced

Feel free to check out, most notably, the titles/achievements/mounts on my Druid (which I have yet to play a meaningful amount this expansion), the mounts on my Death Knight, and some more mounts on my Shaman on top of all the varied achievements and feats of strength I've done.

It really kinda sucks I can't have all this stuff on my main.

I haven't tallied, but if it were all on one character, I'd have something like:

Mounts - 150 (including some extremely rare ones and a few that are now impossible to get)
Pets - 130
Achieve points - 13000.

I'd have to guess a part of the concern is that people don't necessarily want to be tracked on alts - having achievements/mounts/pets etc. showing on alts would allow people to figure out who you are, so I think any such system should include the ability to hide achievements/mounts/pets etc. on any given character, to protect privacy.

Regardless, my single biggest request for this game is to make my accomplishments and collections account wide.
Edited by Turiyaa on 2/6/2012 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
OMG YESSSS !!! :D I can finally start to play something else :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/06/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Vlisa
Yes... YES! YESSS!!!

The guy was that good, eh?

*zing!*
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Awesome!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Jawjack
become available at the Battle.net account level

Why don't I like the sound of that..

Yeah that qualifier has me kind of worried too -_o

Hopefully they go full blast with this though and it's everything achievement lovers have been asking for for years.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
02/06/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Alayea
No offense meant, but I thought that having shared achievements and whatnot in MoP was already mentioned a good while back?

It was announced at Blizzcon but it never really got ''confirmed'' as to what it would cover, many people thought that they would ''only'' create new achievements that'd be account wide such as; level each class to 85, get The Explorer on each race mentionned, etc,etc.

So this is pretty much awesome news :D Meaning that achievement hoarders can get on alts now, and get even more achievements (Try getting Ironman as a friggin' lock -.-' lol)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

will mount achievements be shared? i'd love to have my violet proto drake that i have on my shaman on my druid [which is now my main] without dedicating another whole year to doing the achievement. also with my ulduar and icc meta achieves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

I hope it comes with a toggle button in the interface to not share acct wide.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
On the Surface Account Wide Achievements will be great

Only downsides I see is:

Dungeon and Raid Achievements
These achievements tend to be used to show one's 'capability' as a player - especially when putting pugs together and just because you can complete a raid as a healer, doesn't mean you know the fights from a tanks point of view for example.

So for these kind of Achieves i'd like to see them broken down in to Role-Based Achievements:
  • First level of credit would be for completing the dungeon/raid in any of the 4 roles
  • Second level being for completing it in all of 4 roles (ie. Tank, Heal, Melee, Ranged).
  • This would mean when you linked your achieve for entry to a pug, you'd see the achieve completed along with which roles you'd completed it within.

World Event Achievements
    Being so close to completing long strange trip on 10 toons, I'm not quite sure what i'd think about these going account-wide (probably happy either way). But a possible alternative for these ones would be to leave them as Character-based, reward the drake on the 1st completion to the hopeful account-wide mount collection, but leave the Master Riding as the reward for completing it on each individual toon.

Other Account-Wide Stuff
    While we're on the subject of account-wide achieves I think it's worth mentioning the idea of turning the Secondary Professions (At least Fishing and Archaeology) into account-wide professions.

Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    i personally like to collect pts on each toon, separately and am totally against this unless it can be turned off in the interface.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    I really really hope that account wide mounts will be implemented. At least for rare ones.
    It would be amazing to use the rare ones i have on my old main on characters i use now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Mage
    DOM
    It's been asked a lot "will achievements be account wide", and I think most of the askers are wondering if the achievements and titles that they add on character X will be available on character Y.

But Blizzard's response never says "yes", they instead say "there will be account-wide achievements".

Taken the way it's written, it sounds like they are adding achievements for "Level every profession to 600" or "Get a level 90 of every race". More grindy stuff, which is fine (that's what achievements are for the most part), but the answers that have been given regarding "account wide achievements" never really suggest that a title earned on your hunter can be used on your pally.

Re-read the blue response and see if you still think it means what you hope it means. It's written very cleverly, but I don't think I'll be able to break the achievement grind on my mage and start it up in the same place on my druid.

OTOH maybe that's what people want, level 12 different 90's and get 600 archeology with every horde and ally race or whatever. Sounds brutal to me.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    The possibility that not every achievement will be shared is disconcerting.
    Reply Quote
    100 Goblin Shaman
    will all accounts on you bnet automatically share achievments nomatter weather its active or not ? or will we have to activate accounts to get the to credit,
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]