Shared Achievements?

100 Worgen Mage
OOB
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Finally I can put down the mage for a class that has multiple roles. Thank goodness!
Reply Quote
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

This would be awesome if this could extend to other parts of the game; such as titles and mounts. It bites since I've gotten rare or cool mounts and titles on my alts and not my mage main. So those that are extremely difficult or impossible to get now; such as Herald of the Titans; it would be awesome to have those title/mounts on my other characters to show off. Another example is my hunter has the Headless Horseman mount. Because of the rarety of the mount, it would be nice to be able to have it on one toon and extend it to the rest of my toons. It doesn't feel as special when my main cannot use a mount i earned on my alt.
Edited by Delritha on 2/6/2012 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

I love you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This is so awsome Ive been wanting to change mains to my druid but I have so much time poured into this toon that it saddens me to just leave so this is wonderful news Thank you MoP xoxo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm really excited about this! I've NEVER even considered playing any other character because I can't stand the thought of losing work I've invested into my druid, but with this change I wouldn't be quite as adverse to a change everyone once in a while.

With the "next generation" of Blizzard games we've seen in the last 2 years, they've brought a few UI features I'd love to see in WoW - primarily the ability to access friends lists, chat, armory pages, character stats and gear, and achievements from the character selection screen. Perhaps in-game friends would still be available once the selected character is logged in (or would carry conversations when you swap characters), but Battle.net and Battle Tag friends would be visible and available to chat with the moment you log in. Perhaps even the ability to chat in guild could be available. Diablo III's level of access (character manipulation and AH access) would probably not be plausible to implement for WoW, but a Shared Stash type of bank space would be wonderful - a much better system than tossing BoA gear or materials in the mail. I hope that with the integration of the achievement system at the Battle.net level, these are changes that are soon to come or at least on the horizon.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
/twiddles fingers

Excellllllent. I'm already getting asked to raid on this toon and I'm not even geared for it yet. Now I will be able to link achieve on any toon I decide to play with.

Me likey
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
What about Map exploration? I explored everything on my main but I can't stand getting on my alts and see blanks spots on my map!
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warlock
That's awesome. I had a really hard time rolling my alts, due to the dread of having to get the same achievements over and over again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
How's the account wide pets and mounts going to work?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest

Please don't mess up the implementation of this. All achievements should be account wide, so that people aren't tied to one class any more. It's one of the few things I'm looking forward to the most in MoP, in additon to account wide pets and mounts. Please don't make this system more complicated than it needs to be.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
My only question/concern is achievements that grant titles, mounts, noncombat pets, and the like. Obviously, I worked hard for these achievements on one or more characters (maybe not me specifically but me as a general wow player appealing to the masses). I wouldn't want to create a lvl 1 toon to level to 90, open my mailbox and see 15 mounts and 10 noncombat pets, along with 30 titles I've earned. At the same time, however, I don't want to have to grind on each and every toon to get those mounts/titles/noncombat pets. Sometimes its just nice to show it off on every toon because you did it all throughout your toons. Has Blizzard worked this aspect out and do they have an idea of what its going to look like?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I just want to know if rewards like titles and mounts will be shared. That will make or break it for me.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
02/06/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Torpedo
I just want to know if rewards like titles and mounts will be shared. That will make or break it for me.
i don't think so. Not now at least.

Just look at the LFR and especially transmog. It will be cool but everything you are hoping and expecting won't happen at launch time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Pretty sure they said mounts and pets will shared across account in MOP
Reply Quote
98 Goblin Death Knight

If you are doing account wide achievements does this mean you will be doing an account wide achievement for each heirloom we buy (or already own) so that all characters can then pick them up on other servers for free thus giving is truly account wide heirlooms?

Or are you just going to keep giving us NO solution to that problem and feeding us "we are waiting till we can do it the right way"?

If it is number two, that is pretty sickening as your users honestly want a solution and don't care if you are happy with how you got that to us.
Edited by Louisdk on 2/6/2012 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Do you understand how much I would love all the Blizzard devs if my Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru were shared among all my characters so I don't feel like I'm abandoning my work if I switch to a different character?

No, you do not, because no mortal language has invented a word for the intensity of such love.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wouldn't go getting excited just yet people. This is blizzard we are talking about.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
With the 'Battle.net level' bit, I have an EU account linked to my battle.net as well as a US one (moved to US servers for various reasons). My old main on the EU account has a heap of achievements, so will they be given to my US account characters, or is that wishful thinking?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
i never heard anything about mounts?? i want scarab lord mount on all my toons!!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
This is by far the thing that has me mosr excited for the new exp i have so many 85s but always feel forced to play my main just cause it has all my achieves ,mounts etc despite the fact that i find my enhance shaman way more fun. Happy days
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]