Shared Achievements?

100 Tauren Shaman
Will Honor Kill count finally be account wide total from all your characters?
Reply Quote
79 Worgen Druid
I greatly support account wide. I often change my main depending on raid needs or just want to try something new and refreshing. I hope to see account wide: Achievement, Mounts, and Companions, (Reputation) would be nice ;)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I Love you Blizzard! This is the best thing I've heard of forever. Now my OCD can be ignored and I can play a toon besides my main :)

Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Mage
Finally can have my old school ride mounts and grand marshal title on any toon. Yyyyyaaaaaayyyy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Add mount speed achievements including Long,Strange trip mount speed also please!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
HOORAY! Say, with these shared achievements, will they cover all your characters, on different realms and/or factions? E.g. I have a (tauren) druid on Caelestrasz which was my main for the whole of WotLK, but I am enjoying playing on Khaz'goroth (horde) now, and don't have room to transfer her over. Will my Khaz'goroth toons share her achievements? Anyway, this is awesome to hear.
Reply Quote
12 Undead Rogue
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Very cool, I love this idea!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
02/06/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare
account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level

I am so happy I want to cry. Now if I decide to multibox I can have the same title on each toon for all my accounts if I merge them. I couldn't imagine trying to fly all my guys around in WotLK and Cataclysm with Loremaster on one guy and not on the others. Phasing would make play impossible. This takes care of that issue. I'm definitely Multiboxing now!!!!!!

Thank you Blizzard. I love you :)

At the battle.net level? So my SC2 and D3 achievements will also show? That would boosot my achievements points a big dose.

Only relevant for the same game. However, if you have multiple accounts then this will help you!
Edited by Chunkymunky on 2/7/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

I approve of this message.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
02/07/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Moltenhoof
Will Honor Kill count finally be account wide total from all your characters?

That could mess up achievements based on honor kill counts though. I guess they could either total them or use the highest for achievement purposes.

will this include titles?!?!

i want my herald of the titans to tranfer to a rogue or priest

Kahzregi, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Starcaller, Kingslayer, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons ...

wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here with those last two. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
02/07/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Ilistokedill
I Love you Blizzard! This is the best thing I've heard of forever. Now my OCD can be ignored and I can play a toon besides my main :)

This! I seem to spend all my time getting achievements with new alts that I already have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Is there anyway to tell which achievements are going to be shared? I only ask because currently it is the week of the Love is in the Air festival and I only have it on one character. I would like to not have to do it again but I do not want to let it pass if it is not going to be apart of the account wide achievements. Also going off of this, when achievements are shared I was curious of how it was going to work criteria wise? Say I'm only missing Summer Festival for a "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" but I have completed Summer festival on a separate character, Would I get credit for strange trip or do I have to get it all on one character and then it shows up on my other ones?

Just some thoughts
Thank You
Mac
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

You guys mentioned sometime last year that you were going to implement Account wide Mounts if the account wide campanions work out well. Does this mean that if it works well in beta you'll release account wide mounts in the finished MoP expansion? or will we have to wait for a patch later when MoP is out to have account wide Mounts? This is one of the primary reasons why people don't switch mains.

P.S. and how the heck do you quote a blue post and keep it blue??
Edited by Ryûjinjakka on 2/7/2012 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

That could mess up achievements based on honor kill counts though. I guess they could either total them or use the highest for achievement purposes.

I don't think it would mess it up. If I said I have 4 toons, with 140K, 90K, 20K and 10K would you not say that I, as the player of those toons has not earned 260,000 HK's? Seems fair to me.

I don't think you should be cornered by one character to PvP and strive for achievements like The Bloodthirsty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]