Shared Achievements?

90 Human Paladin
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/06/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Vlisa
Yes... YES! YESSS!!!

YEEEESSSSS
Reply Quote
13 Human Hunter
I am mixed on this.

On my main, I am working to do all the achievements I can....

Seems that you are taking away from the game by giving achievements from 1 char to another. Why even roll alts? You create one and log them in and BAM they already have everything except max level?

Seems very hollow to me.

Each of my characters are individuals...... I really dont like the idea of achieves being given where not earned.

I do think that perhaps some Raid ones would be cool... I mean you have already 'built' your character and you have played it thru everything to learn and grow skill wise.

I hope they still leave us some individuality.

Reply Quote
I don't like the blue's phrasing, sounds more like we are getting achieves that you have to complete across different toons rather then "I will have my warlocks PvP achieves, warriors raiding achieves, and my pallys holidays achieves on my alt mage who doesn't have !@#$"
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin
Say that when you are leveling up your 15th toon and done it all before. They could make an option to turn it off in the interface. I wouldn't do that but I am sure they could put that in.

But I have done it :3

I love reputation grinds, pets, and world event achievements :>

A Battle.net option to disable it would be awesome though :)
Edited by Shaelynn on 2/7/2012 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Achievements but what about the mounts and pets? ;) Make this happen Blizz and you will own my soul forever =p oh wait you kinda already do hahaha
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

Good, maybe now I have a reason to get back into PvP again. Regarding the honor kill achievements (of the Alliance, Bloodthirsty, etc) would this work by simply adding up all the HKs across all our toons?
Edited by Quadraxes on 2/7/2012 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Account Wide Chieve Clarification: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015344602#19
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/07/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Shaelynn
A Battle.net option to disable it would be awesome though :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Will this also work with mounts? I have a few on a various toons that are harder to get not to mention harder to get to drop. I would love to have them on all of my various characters and hopefully it won't just be server wide either, but cross realm as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i would like to know if pets/mounts/titles will be retroactively account wide.

ie: will this toons corrupted firehawk be sent to all my toons in the mail?
Thats not how its going to work you simple just get it on all chars via the mount window but im sure there making a updated version for it ui wise.
Edited by Vengeances on 2/7/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Rogue
[/quote]

Any chance you could comment on mounts and heirlooms, are they on the bill to become account wide items? Grinding multiple times for things I've already acquired makes me sad :([/quote]

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been... perfect example. Glory of the... also /sadface.
Reply Quote
Im just curious about mounts and titles.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Warrior
This is awesome, I can't wait for the account-wide achievements, I like shuffling between my 3 favorite characters, but hated the stigma of not playing my original main who has the majority of my Feat of Strength, rare, and lengthy achievements. I don't like feeling bound to one character when I have more fun rotating between one or two others. In my humble opinion, this is one of the best changes that Blizzard has made as of late, and I am really looking forward to it!! :D
Reply Quote
99 Human Rogue

For what it's worth, I think achievements should only show what you achieved on that particular character. Why should a Worgen I create today have my C'thun achievement?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I posted this under the Mists forum but since the discussion seems to be here I will post in this forum.

Ok I'm probably going to go off on a tangent about mounts.

Yes the achievement mounts would be nice, part of the issue is that getting people who want to go back over old content over and over on each toon is a pain when you have already done it.

I read some people's concerns about 'they earned it on that toon, and who knows if they would have earned it on the other'.

Well, I would like to think that the people who worked for those achievements took atleast a certain level of skill and shouldn't have to be repeated. I know I have gone through old content with friends to help them get groups to get the same achievements we had already got and it just becomes annoying.

My fav mounts are my Frostwyrms from ICC, I got both of them and I did those with my guild at the time. Now if I wanted to I would have to pug a group.

Personally, I did not get the Black Proto like my friends did in Naxx because I started in Wrath and was not one of the raiders in the guild, but those guys still playing can not get it again. I would see if fair for them to be able to use it on all of their toons.

Drop mounts are different though, I mean it would be cool if your mounts were 'account wide' but those were not achievements and would have to be up to Blizz. Thinking about it, if the achiev's were account wide it wouldn't really screw up the 100 mount achiev in any way because either way they have to get 100 mounts.

Sooo
1. I see some ups and downs, but more ups. I would be pro mounts.
2. I think people should not have to regain the achievs/titles on every toon for alt a holics. I work hard enough on leveling and gearing them and farming to be able to afford it do it.

Right now I am releveling toons on another server because I can't just pay $60 a pop to move my toons because my friends decided to move. D:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ugh, this sounds terrible, something else people can use to keep me out of raiding. Seems like this would be great for someone who started the game a long time ago to show off and all. However, for people that may be newer this would be a disaster.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The whole reason to do account wide chieves is to allow ppl the freedom to try other characters without feeling they are "missing out on something" if a mount or chieve hits on an alt.

The way I see it, it needs to be an all or nothing. If it's not an "All", then ppl will still feel compelled to play on their mains. I am one of those ppl.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]