Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 5

1 Worgen Mage
This thread is turning into a necessity very quickly, lets not lose it!

First four threads can be found here:
1) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228426307

2) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593006561

3) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082213575

4) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3530353936

Keep em coming!
Edited by Oldwolfe on 2/6/2012 10:39 PM PST
90 Human Priest
Hey! The following is the officially unofficial member's list for this thread :P
This is just something for fun which started from the previous thread. I'll be updating it all on this one post instead of repeatedly posting.

You can choose to have almost any title and member number. Just stick to the following rules:
1) Keep 'em titles decent. If you want to be funny or serious it's your call; but let's not start off a war okay?
2) No take backs or changes! You post it down and I put it in the list then it stays there.
3) Only one title/number per Healer toon (exceptions must have valid reasons).
4) No overlaps! If it's on the list then choose something else.
5) Member numbers are a maximum of 8 digits only.

Okay here it is in numerical order:

Risk Manager Pruflas: #00000003
Treasurer Abeille: #00000004
Morale Officer Oldwolfe: #00000007
PUG Slayer Buffyria: #00000008
The Wise Nataleiya: #00000009
Life Grip Coordinator Koban: #00000010
Professional Altoholic Kneanderthal: #00000025
Lightwell Distributor Akaeya: #00000069
Mascot Zrod: #00000078
DPS Head Knocker Sylvanestra: #00000088
Professional Chain Heal Spammer Twiist: #00009216
Counselor Chainjoi: #08269519
Grant Support Oominous: ##08675309
VP of Spamming One Button Eriatus: #11111111
Edited by Abeille on 2/12/2012 11:37 AM PST
90 Human Priest
Reserved just in case... don't kill me plz
85 Worgen Druid
I'll get the ball rolling here.

It's short, but I need to vent. I used to do Argent Tournament dailies earlier in cataclysm (but need a break from them lately). I used to never queue for an instance while jousting because I'd be worried that I would not be able to zone in right away and inconvenience the group. One day, I decide my worry is unwarrented and queue for a satchel. I accept while finishing a jousting match with an NPC and join a group dying on Ripsnarl. I don't zone in automatically since I am in a vehicle. I don't notice much more than their classes before I zone in, and then I see this message after I zone into the entrance (messages have been cleaned of profanity, and aren't word for word):

Hunter: Stupid freaking healer, stop jousting and get the hell in here.
Me: *Immediately leave instance upon unwarrented and rude comment* Apologize.
Shadow Priest: Yea, seriously. That was a little rude.
Me: *Before Hunter can respond* Actually, forget it. This insect hunter isn't worth my time. I joined for the satchel and nothing more. *I drop group and go back to my dailies*

I'm mellow as far as most healers go. I will happily explain any fight, heal through almost anything (as long as the tank is fine) and generally be nice to those I have grouped with. I join old heroics understanding that sometimes players will not play in an ideal fashion and may need help. I understand that. But one thing I will not tolerate is rudeness in my direction, particularly when I didn't do anything to warrant it. I will sooner drop group than heal someone with that attitude. Luckily for me my queue is extremely short and I can always find another group that will at least be quiet if they are not pleasant.
Edited by Seletal on 2/6/2012 6:56 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, it sounds a bit like you aren't that mellow if that was your reaction to a rude comment. You could have simply said something like "I was already zoning in. No need for the rudeness."

--

Back in WotLK, I got into an argument with a paladin tank who insisted that having any durability loss meant taking more damage. After the entire group told him he was wrong, he blamed it on his friend's addon. :|

I'm not sure why it seems like a good idea to blame ignorance on an addon.
85 Worgen Druid
Well, it sounds a bit like you aren't that mellow if that was your reaction to a rude comment. You could have simply said something like "I was already zoning in. No need for the rudeness."

Maybe that wasn't the word I was looking for. I just meant that I am cooperative under normal circumstances. I don't even care if other group members argue with each other, but I walk off when they try to pick a fight with me. Why subject myself to unpleasant people? It's easy to find a group with people who aren't channeling their frustrations onto me. I didn't mean to imply that I was above provocation, Elethia.

I should also point out that I am not above criticism. On my shadow priest, a tank thankfully pointed out that I should use Inner Fire instead of Inner Will (though Inner Will is good for kiting adds at the end of BRC). I just won't accept profanity-laced attacks, and I don't understand why any healer would. Our options are endless.

EDIT: Used the wrong words again. I stopped during a lull in an instance to respond to this.
Edited by Seletal on 2/6/2012 8:14 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
I'll post a second story to keep this thread on-topic, since I have slightly derailed the thread in my efforts to clarify what I meant previously.

I was in normal throne of the tides with a friend of mine's alt (I sometimes queue in cata normals for my friends when they are raising alts into the 80s in order to speed up their queue and help ensure success). The instance is completely normal until Commander, where the paladin tank stands in the boss's void smash attack. Those used to heroic might know that the attack doesn't necessarily kill you there, but it will 1 shot you on normal or come close to it unless you're overgeared. I heal my friend through the rest of the fight, who easily dodges the void smashes and stays up without a problem since I am vastly overgeared for the instance.

The tank proceeds to blame me for not healing through a one-shot. I basically explain to him that he stood in bad, and that blaming me wasn't going to change that. He doesn't accept that, but there are no further consequences. Either the tank dropped right after I told him off and we got a new one, or he just dropped the subject. I don't remember. We just shrugged and finished the instance with no further problems.
Edited by Seletal on 2/6/2012 8:33 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
What you don't want to see is 3 melee dps in Murazond. I healed a couple of 5 mans with some guildies who were gearing alts. 2 DKs and a warrior - all dps. Mostly it was fine cos they are good players who don't stand in crap and do decent dps but lordy Murazond was painful. Apparently when there are no ranged he drops the yellow circles of swirling death right under himself. I was doing my usual trick of standing in with the melee to avoid the circle madness but this it turned out was a big mistake. Massive aoe damage all round plus me having to run out to HG. There were a few deaths needless to say.

At the end I just said into vent, "next time you do that to me, i'll kill you all"
90 Human Priest
BTW typo in thread title. You've got Heal instead of Hear.
Edited by Abeille on 2/6/2012 10:38 PM PST
1 Worgen Mage
02/06/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Abeille
BTW typo in thread title. You've got Heal instead of Hear.

DOH!!!

Fixed.
85 Goblin Priest
Been reading these for a while now; I love 'em - it's a good place for healers to vent (and entertaining to read, cause we can all relate to it).

I leveled as Disc Atonement in dungeons, but at 85, I focused more on PVP. Recently, I realized playing purely as PVP heals, queuing solo, and having no peels to speak of wasn't doing it for me anymore. So I started building up a PVE set and queuing for heroics. Just for a change of pace.

I tend to have 'OK' experiences most of the time. I'm happy to remind people of mechanics, cause it makes my life easier. Even if the group is silent otherwise, I'll (for example) remind people in Well of Eternity that Illidan has that nice fire resist aura that makes healing that fight much easier.

Earlier I had my first 'pvp geared' tank. Oh, by the Gods. It was painful. Blood DK with a 41/0/0 spec. Using nothing but Glyph of Frost Strike and Glyph of Bone Shield. No enchants, no gems. He died to two hits of Jaina trash. And he was from my server :c If a tank is dying to two hits of trash when he has full bubbles, PoMending and grace on him, something's up. I don't normally /inspect, but I just had to for that guy. I left after I saw his gear; if he's not willing to put effort into not being 1shot, I'm not willing to put effort into healing you just to have you rage at me.

Today, I got zoned into an in-progress End Time; they were on Murozond trash with no CC available, and a really squishy tank. They'd gone through 4 other healers before me apparently. Which got me a little suspicious right away. First time we wiped, it was cause the tank 'misclicked' and feared the first four into the four around the hourglass. Then again cause he kept his back to all the mobs, didn't grab the ranged, so I was healing the DPS, myself, and him; and he was squishy enough as it was. Took three wipes to clear that trash, but we got it done.

Then we had Murozond. I've never seen a dragon spin around so much in my life. Our team was him, a DK, a mage, a warlock and myself. 3 clothies taking Infinite Breath damage. ALL. THE. TIME. While if I left the tank alone for even a GCD, he was at 25% health. I've never bombed Flash Heal so much in my life; nothing else was fast enough to keep up. Pain Supped and Divine Hymmed each reset. Lost the ranged a few times cause they were on HG duty and I was on Muro's flank; if I dared go out of range to heal the ranged, the tank would go down, or I'd be eating dragon breath again. Blargh. 3 wipes on Muro and we finally got it; though that has to be the squishiest tank I've ever stayed grouped with.
90 Tauren Druid
Things you don't want to see still count, yes? Because I do not want to see another DPS-plate wearing DK masquerading as a tank in my randoms, even if I know it'll be too soon. It wiped us to trash, for the love of the fleas on my greatmother's backside.

/wrist
Edited by Karakaberry on 2/7/2012 5:57 AM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
I dislike it when people undermine my ability to heal. Today I was in an Hour of Twilight dungeon, the dark part leading up to Tyrande, and the tank, a DK, was having trouble getting control of AoE threat running in between lights. I expected this, it happens all the time with DKs and Warriors and I get aggro, I do not really care about it because the healing is nothing for me. On this particular run though, a Shadow Priest PuG in the group spazzed out and dropped Shadow Form to start healing me when I let my health hit orange (I was intentionally doing it for a Greater healing Wave).

I was like, "I can heal myself, thank you..." and the Priest shot back with a "if I didn't heal you, you were going to die." At that point I just simply dropped party without another word.

I had a guildy running with me and he dropped too, then he was like in guild chat, "What was that all about?"

My reply was simple, "I take pride in my ability to heal and I am not just going to tolerate it when a PuG tries to downplay what I am capable of in front of other PuGs."

Maybe I overreacted or something, but blah, I do not care. I wasn't really in the mood to deal with that stuff so early in morning.
90 Night Elf Priest
02/07/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Seckszilla
My reply was simple, "I take pride in my ability to heal and I am not just going to tolerate it when a PuG tries to downplay what I am capable of in front of other PuGs."

Erm.

What the PuG did was right. Would you have had faith that a pug healer was handling things if you saw his/her health dip into the orange? It's quite probable that the Shadow priest heals often and is very aware of health bars rising and dipping.

I'm also not sure how he downplayed anything. He doesn't know you. He hasn't seen you heal. He can't get into your brain and realize that you're deliberately letting your health drop. He's going to go with the most likely scenario in a PuG -- the healer is being overwhelmed and needs help.
90 Tauren Shaman
02/07/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Seckszilla
Maybe I overreacted or something, but blah, I do not care. I wasn't really in the mood to deal with that stuff so early in morning.

You sound like my GM =P I heart him though, so don't get me wrong. I understand that some days you wake up happier than others.

But on the other hand, I agree with Ele. How is a pug supposed to know that you're intentionally letting health bars drop? I see bars start dropping as DPS, I throw down a healing rain or a GHW on maelstrom. I'm not underminding, I'm just trying to help.

Back on topic though...

I was tanking on my druid last night to cap valor and ended up in Well. The healer was a desc priest I believe because she kept showing up (and out dpsing everyone at one point) on the damage meters. I don't play a priest and only have a vague idea how they play. Anyways, the priest some how dies during the Azshara fight. I don't know how, I had aggro on the mobs and dpsing the hands down. DPS was rather low though and they just couldnt switch targets to kill the hands fast enough. But the priest is dead when we're still 4/6 mages left to kill. I popped all my CDs and we manage to finish the boss encounter. On the pull right after that, the priest beat everyone in dps and I'm not even sure how (ignorance reminds me that I should be reading my damage meters to find out). We get to the bat pull and all the sudden, the priest is dead. She was standing right underneath me. I had aggro on the mobs, at least I thought so. I could be wrong because she died!!!!

So, things you dont want to hear healing pugs? "Sorry =\" lol. That what I whispered her. I had no idea wtf happened. She just died. I like to think I'm a pretty average tank on my druid, but last night, I felt like a failure. I'm still scratching my head wondering how she died during that pull...
warrior tank: I'm going to pop reck
1 Worgen Mage
02/07/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Pruflas
So, things you dont want to hear healing pugs? "Sorry =\" lol. That what I whispered her. I had no idea wtf happened. She just died. I like to think I'm a pretty average tank on my druid, but last night, I felt like a failure. I'm still scratching my head wondering how she died during that pull...

If you still have the log, check the Death Log for what killed her.

If you don't, I think I DO know what happened: SW:D. On a low health target, it can hit pretty dam HARD....and if it doesn't kill the target, it will deal damage(based on the damage dealt) to the priest, which can one shot a priest with low health.

Not that I've ever done anything like the above before....*eyes dart left and right nervously*
90 Gnome Priest
02/07/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Oldwolfe

If you don't, I think I DO know what happened: SW:D. On a low health target, it can hit pretty dam HARD....and if it doesn't kill the target, it will deal damage(based on the damage dealt) to the priest, which can one shot a priest with low health.

Not that I've ever done anything like the above before....*eyes dart left and right nervously*

I wondered what would happen when you SW:D when you're low health. But never tried it. I kinda figured it'd be one of those things that stops you at 1hp like life tap.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I wondered what would happen when you SW:D when you're low health. But never tried it. I kinda figured it'd be one of those things that stops you at 1hp like life tap.

Nope, kills you like hellfire.
Edited by Tenala on 2/7/2012 1:40 PM PST
90 Tauren Shaman
I'll check when I get home, but it felt too early on in the fight for the priest to be so low in health and SW:D-ing herself to death. =\
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]