Corrupted Hippogryph, Lackluster or no???

90 Human Warrior
Ok so I just picked up the Corrupted Hippogyph today and with all respect, I believe this mount is lacking creativity. When you compare this mount to the blazing hippogryph(http://www.wowhead.com/item=54069#screenshots) you'll notice the blazing has a lighted tail, hooves and other slight features the make for a great mount. Also, an orange glowing essence which is the icing on the cake. I was thinking the Corrupted Hippogryph would look great with lighted hooves/tail the same color as the eyes. Also when flying, the eyes should leave a yellow trail. Plus you could add the same glowing essence effect thats around the mount in purple or green or maybe that same yellow. This mount has potential, what do you guys think?
Edited by Jetree on 2/29/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
First time posting so I apologize if my post is rather "unusual"
Edited by Jetree on 2/9/2012 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
congrats on the corrupted. I love the blazing I have and am curious as to how it compares
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thanks, try this link for a pic of the corrupted http://i.imgur.com/mgKE7.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's tough to compare the two when there's only a link to one. ;p

I could look it up myself, but where would that get me?

Edit: Beat me to it!
Edited by Belren on 2/7/2012 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
:) I figured id better put links up if people are gonna give good feedback. Still getting use to proper forum etiquette ha
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Would love him for my lock.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I talked to a GM who said its a great idea but even if blizz was to only update it slightly, id say they should at least have the eyes leave a yellow trail while flying because blizz kinda gave off that impression on the trading card. Check this link out, there are two pics and you'll see on the card what im talking about http://www.wowtcgloot.com/corrupted_hippogryph.htm
Edited by Jetree on 2/7/2012 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
02/07/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Jetree
http://www.wowtcgloot.com/corrupted_hippogryph.htm

Oh ya, you are right.

Wouldn't that be unrealistic though for the glow from your eyes to leave a trail?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Realistic lol? Ashes of alar isnt realistic and leaves a trail behind its tail so I dont understand what youre getting at
Edited by Jetree on 2/7/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
02/07/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Jetree
Realistic lol? Ashes of alar isnt realistic and leaves a trail behind its tail so I dont understand what youre getting at

Not getting at anything =)

Oddly leaving a glowing trail from a tail makes sense to me, where a trail coming out of your eyeball doesn't.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah I kinda see what ya mean well what if instead of a trail from the eyes, maybe just increase the amount of flames that come out of the eyes to make them more distinct?
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
I'm a little surprised they didn't add fire trails to its hooves like the Headless Horseman's mount or trails to its eyes. TCG mounts usually seem to have a little bit more to them to make them special.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
You don't have a screenshot of you riding it, do you? I've been saving up a lot of gold for months for this mount and would be a bit sad to see it isn't anything special :(
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
02/08/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Jetree
Yeah I kinda see what ya mean well what if instead of a trail from the eyes, maybe just increase the amount of flames that come out of the eyes to make them more distinct?

Ya I agree, it needs more punch for how rare it is. The eye thing was just my own mind wandering.

The flaming eyes would look cool.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Well, I'm still gonna see if I can buy one since I've saved up for so long :)

Wish it was a bit "flashier" but it is still nice!

More screenshots would help make my decision I suppose
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Awesome yes! I knew there would be other people who felt the same way. I totally agree, it being a rare mount and from the trading card game should make the mount more flashy. I uploaded 4 pics to wowhead and said it could take up to 72hrs before they show up on the website http://www.wowhead.com/item=72582

oh yeah Eldrea btw those pics I uploaded have me riding on it :)
Edited by Jetree on 2/8/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Look forward to seeing the pics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]