4.3.2 Error 'Downloading Updated Tools'

80 Gnome Warlock
The blue bar that represents my downloading of the 'Updated Tools' will stop at 50% and then tell me i have a connection error on my computer. The same thing happened last patch and i downloaded a mirrored copy and used that, which made everything run perfectly, but now it has happened again i would like to try and fix the problem once and for all...

PLEASE HELP?!?!?!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Gaimet,

Can your provide the exact error message you see, or a screenshot of the error message, so we can better assist you with this? Thanks!

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I too am having this issue. The error code I receive is "Failed to download information about the next patch. Check your network connection." This worked fine before and nothing has changed on my computer. I have also tried copying WOW from another computer and copying it on my computer with the very same results.

I am running Windows 7 (64 bit and on another machine 32 bit). The 32 bit version also has this problem.

I tried running repair and it states it can not connect to the server. This also used to work before.

I have checked my firewall and disabled these to see if it works and still won't work.

I am able to run any other game with no problems.

Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Kornnick,

You will want to post in the Technical Support Forums (Windows), as this forum is for Mac users. Solutions posted here may not be Windows friendly, so our Blues, greens and forum posters can better assister you in that forum.

WoW Technical Support (Windows)

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]