Authenticator Ranks

85 Human Warrior
I've invited a player to my guild who has an authenticator, however I am unable to promote him to my authenticator-required ranks. Is there any sort of known issue related to this?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If the player recently attached the authenticator to his account it can take up to 72 hours for the system to register it.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
He needs to have logged into that character, after getting an authenticator, at least 72 hours before you would be able to promote him to that rank. Is it possible that this is a new character or a recently purchased authenticator and it has not yet been 72 hours since he logged into that character with an authenticator for the first time?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well, I don't think that's the case, however I did JUST invite him to the guild. Can it take a while for that to register?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/04/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Pogo
Well, I don't think that's the case, however I did JUST invite him to the guild. Can it take a while for that to register?

Yes, newly invited characters have a 72 hour cooldown period before they can be promoted to a rank that requires an authenticator. This is a safeguard to help protect guild banks from account thieves.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest

yes, 72 hours after you invite him to the guild, assuming he already has an authenticator, before you can promote him to an authenticator rank.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Yes, newly invited characters have a 72 hour cooldown period before they can be promoted to a rank that requires an authenticator. This is a safeguard to help protect guild banks from account thieves.

While all the above is true I believe this is likely what you are running into.

And that is extra protection for you and your guild. There is nothing to keep a compromiser that can change an email - or has access to a compromised account's email from adding an authenticator themselves.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update Orlyia.
Any chance of adding this to the in-game known issues list to reduce the number of tickets/bug reports?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]