Edited by Selenagnomez on 2/22/12 3:08 PM (PST)
JOIN THE IRONMAN CHALLENGE!!!
Hello, this is page five of The Ironman Challenge. The other four are linked below, if you want the history.
We are tracking our progress with an automated website: (Thanks Casa!)
HOW TO SIGN-UP:
1. Visit http://wowironman.com/
2. Select your region/realm and type in your character name using the search at the top
Since this function pulls data from the Armory your character must be level 10 to participate.
Deaths are automatically tracked and your character will be moved to the Honored Dead if they die.
Huge thanks to Ironbraids and Aber for previously keeping our records.
Get from level 1-85 using the rules below.
Ironman Challenge Rules
1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
- All mounts
- All bags/containers
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs)
1. Another player helped me randomly!
Don't worry, you're still in the challenge. So long as the the other player isn't constantly helping you this is not an issue. If you receive a buff/heal/help with a kill simply thank the player and continue on (remember to remove the buff!).
Do not request help. If the player sticks around politely tell them you are attempting to solo and ask them to respect that play-style.
2. Can I use the Auction House?
You can use any vendors and the AH all you like! Both gear and bags can be purchased from either source and you're more than welcome to sell all your loot on the AH for more profit.
3. Can I use regular/non-buff food?
You may use food/drink to regenerate health/mana, but that should be the only benefit it provides.
If the food/drink provides a buff that lasts after you're done eating it's not allowed
Remember everyone, use good judgement, common sense and - HAVE FUN!
CHOOSING A SERVER:
Challengers may create their characters on any realm, but PvP servers are discouraged since PvP deaths count as deaths for this challenge.
Challengers are encouraged to roll on Nazgrel (Alliance-PvE), Moon Guard (Horde-RP), or Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance-RP), based on their faction/playstyle preferences.
All servers have <Ironman Challenger> guilds up and running.
Type [/who ironman challenger] to see who is online and ask for an invite.
Role-playing is not required to participate in the challenge on MG/WrA but please be respectful of the RP communities on those servers.
Role-Play Servers Policy
Chat channels are also available:
Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance): Type [/join iron] to join our chat channel!
Moon Guard (Horde): Type [/join ironmanchallenge] to join our chat channel!
LINKS: We have many fan-made sites and threads dedicated to different aspects of the challenge!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3941414946 (Dangerous Quests/Areas)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4062846258 (FAQ/Rules Questions)
Edited by Aguantar on 2/4/12 9:38 PM (PST)
Nethres....those are not the rules of this challenge. We would appreciate it if you would delete that information, as it may confuse people new to the Ironman Challenge in its current incarnation.
Thank you very much.
I realized today that questing is actually more dangerous than just killing mobs to level, as I was playing while at work....and I MUST instantly afk if a customer comes in the door. So, when I found a herd of stags that were yellow (wouldn't attack me) and yellow (gave decent xp) I was absolutely thrilled. I stayed there for a couple hours, going afk as needed, and killing stags between customers. Even if I wasn't a hunter, my own auto attack would have killed whatever mob I was on when I jumped up to help a customer. However, questing forces you into areas that are not safe.
And so the fifth edition of my thread has been made. Wow. Just by looking back at my posts in this thread, I can see how much I spend on character services. When I started it, I was a NE. Then I became a dwarf, then I went to a different server. I feel like I should participate too, but meh, I never even intended to.
Hey the spreadsheet got wiped again.
Was thinking maybe we could password it and NOT share the password on the forums, but only in-game to people who are actually using it? I know it'd be a hassle for new people, but at least it would stop the trolls.
Eek, can't you make it a read only? And only have a few people make the updates? That sucks
not exactly painless....many of us are hurt at your passing :(
but quick....ya, i bet that's true
please return to us when you can, your spirit is integral to this community.
Oh, spreadsheet....it will be reinstalled in the morning I'm sure. We will all need to update our info...again. Not sure why people feel the need to desecrate this, it's just a personal challenge a number of us are following, but whatever. Hmmm, since it's the weekend, might be a couple days, but no more.
6 Troll Shaman
And hello XD I'm an altoholic, known on this challenge as Ironic/Aguantar
Someone suggested that a shaman would be especially hard, and as that is my main, I couldn't resist the challenge. When our spreadsheet is restored, I'll put this toon on it :)
Of course, my main is a healer.......and that isn't an option here, lol
46 Gnome Warlock
Yeah just checked the speadsheet, and found someone who was finding it funny to type a four letter word that begins with f on every line. Actually, they were in the process of doing so. Wish I knew more about these things so I could fix it lol. I was able to erase their "work" and apparently scared em away, cause they stopped as soon as i started deleting what they had done.