The Official Ironman Challenge Thread

90 Orc Warrior
Ironwarrior, Of Sisters of Elune, accidentally died from fall damage near ratchet :(

Although it's been a few days since he died, and the armory reflects his death, he hasnt been purged fromt he list even though I have tried updating many times. Does death by fall damage not get registered int he coding? In any case I still plan to re-roll just thought it was odd I wasnt in the honored dead.
90 Draenei Shaman
Are there any stats on which classes have been the most successful at this challenge to date and has anybody made it to 85 yet?
23 Night Elf Druid
BTW for any interested the 3 journal entries are up on the lore forum of the ironman website.
23 Night Elf Druid
02/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Ironpath

where was this? need to know what things go boom :P

It was in azshara.

mental note... avoid Azshara... I tend to have bad luck with things that go boom :(
90 Orc Warrior
I have a question. I used 2 healing pots in my Starting area I had no food and wanted to keep going less the wait on HP regen. Is that a case of I should delete my toon now?

Please LMK b4 I go any further.

Why would you pot in a lowbie zone? The health regen is almost instant post combat 0.o
85 Gnome Warlock
I think that if I were to manage 85 without deaths, I would want to retire my character, but I thought about this at end last night before bed. I would cherish that character! I would want to continue playing it!

If I manage to make a character to 85; I will begin achievement hunting still keeping the rules of my challenge at hand.

Thoughts?

I was thinking very much the same thing with mikey!

Trick is we gotta get there first :)
85 Human Warrior
In the Ironman Chat there wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/item=60734/keeshans-bandana is allowed.

Most of us think is is since it's white, but other say no..
20 Draenei Hunter
made it to lvl 13 so far without any toubles on my first attempt...it helps ALOT with having a bear
27 Night Elf Druid
Making a change like this doesn't make sense to me either.

Saying that grinding green mobs, mobs out of the questline, mobs fighting with npcs, etc. and so on is a HUGE change of the originally established rules.

The originally posted rules did not say, "you can only level by questing or by killing certain kinds of mobs."

Your opinion is noted, but to many others this change did make sense and it was implemented. That's the last thing I'm going to say on this, and won't get drawn into any more discussion on it. As someone said, let's leave this as yesterday's discussion.

Cheers.

If it's implemented I'm no longer part of the challenge as you define it.

Yes, that does make me feel bad.

I've already done a fair amount of my leveling by simply grinding mobs. In my case that's not mobs fighting with npcs simply because that would be way too risky for a druid, but I certainly do grind mobs all I can.

Are you saying there's a ban on grinding green mobs?
16 Tauren Paladin
I've accepted this challenge. I created Angmundo a Tauren Paladin on Steamwheedle Cartel.
36 Draenei Hunter

Are you saying there's a ban on grinding green mobs?

Just curious, can you describe how you grind green mobs? Of course, you set up the pull, watch of pats, and then you go. Mobs go down, and then you move on to the next mob. Repeat until area is empty, or they respawn, in which case your repeat.

I'm just trying to get an idea what people mean when they grind an area. For me, it is how I describe it above. How do you do it?

And, no, there is no ban on attacking and grinding (I've heard it called "farming," too) green mobs.
90 Draenei Shaman
In the Ironman Chat there wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/item=60734/keeshans-bandana is allowed.

I am with you Braver.

I believe the rules state any white/gray items may be used. So using strict binary logic, is this a white item, yes. Are white items accepted for this challenge, yes. Therefore is this item acceptable, yes. I believe this is a question with a distinct answer using sound logic. I think it is that simple, please correct me if my thought process is flawed.
Edited by Bluthunder on 2/16/2012 11:45 AM PST
36 Draenei Hunter

I am with you Braver.

I believe the rules state any white/gray items may be used. So using strict binary logic, is this a white item, yes. Are white items accepted for this challenge, yes. Therefore is this item acceptable, yes. I believe this is a question with a distinct answer using sound logic. I think it is that simple, please correct me if my thought process is flawed.

Well stated. To meet C, you must have B. If B = A, then A also meets C. The FAQ will reflect your conclusion, with which I also agree.
34 Night Elf Hunter
Two years.

We've seen each other since then, but I was just thinking that it has been two years since I left Shadowglen to see what was out here in the world... two years full of excitement and peril, of smiles and tears, of safety and danger, confidence and fear... amazing how quickly time seems to pass without even realizing it. And there is so much still to do, so much left to see. I can't wait to see what's next, especially if it takes me out of this place I'm at now, a land known as Duskwood. This is the home of nightmares.

Before I get to that, I want to fill you in on the Orc situation in Redridge. Irondaria, should you ever make your way out into the world and find yourself there, you might notice the giant crater on the southeastern part of the lake. This is where an Orc army once stood and attempted to fortify themselves. Those grotesque pieces of... well, I won't go there, but you know what I would like to say. I worked with a human named John Keeshan in weakening their hold on the area (after rescuing him and his brothers-in-arms from the same orcs... a book of tales unto itself). This army, under the command of one Render, had committed heinous acts against the humans here, so to see their lives ended with such a display of power was remarkable. My only regret is they died too quickly. Had I my way they would have ALL suffered through the same torturous existence they put their captives through. The humans were far too merciful. But, being as it was their land and their fight, and I was only a minor player in the battle, I submit that they had the right to choose how to proceed and I do not begrudge them at all for their plain of action. At the end of the day, the orcs are dead. That is all that matters.

Two years. Yes, I have changed much.

The orc threat is not over for the humans in Redridge. I was called away to Duskwood before I could enter the next battle, but Keeshan and his men assured me they were more than able to handle what was left thanks to my help with Render's army. I wished them well in their efforts and took a gryphon (wonderful creatures, they are!) to Darkshire.

If your darkest, more fearsome dreams manifested themselves as a place in this world, Duskwood would be that place. I don't like it here. I am uncomfortable, always jumping at the slightest sound. I thought I had issues with sleep while in Lakeshire... this is the same, yet different. I can't completely describe it. The humans here look at me with an odd mixture of disdain, contempt, pity, and helplessness. They smirk and chuckle to themselves when they see me jump at noises, but then shake their heads at some unspoken thought and give me a look as if to say "I know how you feel." I can't imagine what life has been like for the populace here. But, as it is not my home, I am in no hurry to stay any longer than necessary. Already I have fought with wild Worgen (not the peaceful kind we have recently come to know) and the undead. If I was not bound to help to the extent of my ability, I would leave. However, on that same note, I realize the importance of doing just that: helping to the extent of my ability. I may wish to leave here as soon as I can, but I will not let that wish hinder me in the tasks I set out to complete.

Two years. A long time, indeed. I must return to my work now. I will write again soon.

Elune-Adore

Irondrisia
90 Undead Rogue

I am with you Braver.

That's generally my interpretation as well -- White/grey items are allowed. This is a white/grey item, therefore it is allowed.

When trying to decide whether "what someone else said" is accurate it's best to go back and re-read the "rules". What do they actually say? Then, if there's conflict, think about what the rule is "intending", what is it really prohibiting? If what you 've got goes against that, it might not be a good idea.

One of our regular mantras is, "If you're not sure, don't do it!" That at least saves you from a disqualification based off misunderstanding. If later you find it's ok, no real harm done.

Doing it the other way around can get really awkward.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]