Moonkin form on cd

85 Night Elf Druid
I just spent a lot of time making this a well made thread, then I clicked preview, wasn't technically logged in by blizz standards, and lost it all. I can not remember everything I had written, so this is the best I could do considering the circumstances, derp...

*1-3 min cd, 20-40 sec duration.
*give 15% damage reduction, 10% arcane and nature damage increased, haste aura, and owklin frenzie(rename it if you have to) to balance druids not in moonkin form.

a combination of these mechanics will work.

1. instant roots.(take from resto)
2. instant clone.(roots or clone)
3. increased haste and or crit.
4. reduce chance to be crit
5. increase movement speed
6. immune to slows
7. snare and stun duration reduced.
8. instant mana regain.
9. additional dot.
10. refreshes cd of barkskin
11. direct damage increase

additional unlikely but possible ideas:

1. allows an additional 10 stars to fall during starfall.
2. allows 1 additional mushroom to be planted.
3. reduces cd of starsurge by 5 seconds
4. thorns heal you for any damage caused to attackers

notes:
*still no healing in form
*shifting out of form cancels the effect.
*would benefit pve by giving us more control over burst dps.
*would benefit pvp via improved healing comfort and kiting viability.(having to pop moonkin form after rolling hots is 1 too many gbc's, it's not like we have any absorbs or heals without sacrificing moonkin form.

I'll compare them to spriests before someone else doe; regrowth does 30-40% less healing then flash heal, spriests can bubble in form, have instant fears, heal themselves and others via single target damage done, and silences that dont require hardcasting roots to keep them silenced.
can't forget dispersion.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
no offence, but im not liking the idea :\
if you can remember the rage that everyone went through when they did that to resto trees, i dont think it would be wise to do it to another build..
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
Nah screw this. If they did something like this, especially after the backlash from tree form, I'd probably either swap to my mage or quit the game. That just doesn't seem like a fun playstyle at all, especially when it has the stupidness of the current tree form where you must stay in form when you pop your cd coupled with the same restriction on healing which sounds awful when combined.

We are getting a cooldown in MoP and I'm pretty sure it also has a damage taken reduction, just wait til then and let them get it right instead of trying to cannibalize a form that only half works now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Stop trying to take away my sexy owlbeast form. If you don't like it learn to live with it or play another class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Balance doesn't have enough cooldowns/micromanagement as it were?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Quota
Stop trying to take away my sexy owlbeast form. If you don't like it learn to live with it or play another class.

This.... so much this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
oh sry, i'm so scared of backlash. 8D

tree form is still on cd, therefore moonkin form on cd is viable and i stick to what I said.

fyi:for every person that loves moonkin form there's someone who hates it, and you still get it, just not all the time.

time to stop being children and get real, aesthetics don't make the game, mechanics do.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Druid
Well then its good thing I talked about mechanics and don't mention anything about the visuals, isn't it? The idea of "treeform is like this so moonkin will work like this" is stupid, it's a logical fallacy to state that because something works in one scenario then it will work in another without providing any proof besides that. Not to mention that tree form doesn't work. They were over nerfed after Wrath and still seem to be only semi viable at best in PvP. Now I'm not saying that all or even most of that is due to the form change but losing the ability to run away or use many defensive cooldowns certainly didn't help. Now I know that you are probably more familiar with PvP than I am, but shifting out to heal or shifting to kite people seems like it is a huge part of how we PvP and losing the ability to do that for 30s, even if we get instant roots during that time, seems silly.

So just focus on improving our toolkit relative to what we have for MoP. We are already getting a damage cooldown that has the benefit of being able to freely shift in and out of it. So go post over in the forum to see if you can get a damage reduction portion added to Incarnation(or celestial alignment) as that might make it a good alternative to Wild Charge. While you are at it propose to add instant roots to our spec as the main problem with it was giving access to it to ferals and resto. That might be a good way to make us more viable. But like I said, trying to cannibalize a form that people agree has quite a few problems seems like a terrible solution.
Edited by Tagartou on 2/6/2012 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Aah. You again.

Yeah. Aesthetics don't matter at all, do they. That can't be why we dealt with, and continue to deal with months upon months to varying degrees of restoration druids wanting, pleading, begging for their old tree form back.

That's why the ferals are asking for some differentiation between a level 25 druid and a level 85 druid. That's why painstaking effort goes into those armor sets that blizzard comes out with every patch. That's why costume mechanics continue to come into being, and continue to exist.

That's why chickens are still asking for a re-skinned moonkin form, even now after a flubbed '4.0, 4.1' implication from blizzard that never came to be, and a "We'll do it when we feel like" summarized post from them.

That's why the potion of illusion was nerfed - twice - so that druid forms could never be mistaken. Aesthetics matter to a wide variety of people in a wide variety of situations. To try and dismiss that... to be quite honest is just an exceptional example of a complete lack of intelligence on your part and a lack of perspective on the game as a whole.

Perhaps when you grow up a little bit, you'll learn how to look at the situation from a broader perspective. Perhaps it's time to stop acting like a child, and get real.

Edit:

Removed. You're quite happy to show that you're not worth the effort.
Edited by Teranin on 2/7/2012 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/06/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Kraghen
Balance doesn't have enough cooldowns/micromanagement as it were?

Actually, we are pretty light on CDs compared with most other DPS classes. But that's changing in MoP. So... yeah.

oh sry, i'm so scared of backlash. 8D

tree form is still on cd, therefore moonkin form on cd is viable and i stick to what I said.

fyi:for every person that loves moonkin form there's someone who hates it, and you still get it, just not all the time.

time to stop being children and get real, aesthetics don't make the game, mechanics do.

Uninformed and self-important as always, I see.

If you're suggesting this as an immediate change, I don't see why Blizzard would introduce such a major new mechanic (one that would require a lot re-balancing) in the middle of the last content patch of an expansion.

If you're suggesting this as an alternative to what's been proposed for Mists, maybe you should re-read the spell and talent list. There are some damn good presents in there for moonkin. Much better than the garbage you've presented here.

Not to mention that you fail to understand that Blizzard does not want moonkin to be able to heal without a hit to our DPS potential. Whether or not that's justified or if they can be moved on that position is another discussion. But until that issue is resolved and they change their minds, you will never see the removal of moonkin form, as easy as that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I did look at the talents, and seeing typhoon as a telant makes me anrgy, this ability is the most famous for moonkins, and in mop it will be available to 4 specs...

I don't have the perfect mechanics because that's not my motive, my intentions are set on sparking ideas for the professionals to consider and perfect, or reject themselves.

uninformed and self-important? sounds like personal opinions of me are leaking from your fingers.

your right moonkin form will never be removed, but it may become a cd and you can't face that fact.
Edited by Tehrealemcee on 2/6/2012 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I did look at the talents, and seeing typhoon as a telant makes me anrgy, this ability is the most famous for moonkins, and in mop it will be available to 4 specs...

Not sure if you're trying to say typhoon is the 'most famous' moonkin ability or typhoon is most famous as a moonkin ability???? Typhoon is so far down in the tree it is ONLY a moonkin ability so you MUST be saying typhoon is the most famous moonkin ability and that is just silly.

If I had to pick the most notable moonkin ability (besides moonkin form itself) I'd have to say moonfire would be it. Years of joking about moonfire spam and periods of time that it was in fact what moonkin did. After that I'd probably go with eclipse, starfall, innervate (yes orignially a balance talent before all druids got it), hurricane.... all before typhoon enters the picture for me.

We are getting come nice cooldowns in MoP and I feel confident in the fact that moonkin form will NOT become one of them.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
your first paragraph is quite hard to understand, but it sounds like your complaining about my opinion of what the most famous ability, which is counter productive it holds no importance.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
*shrug* It's along the same lines of you dismissing the information for MoP because you don't like typhoon as a talent. We are getting some nice cooldowns in MoP and messing with moonkin form (other than reskining) isn't needed. So your entire post holds no importance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Can't have Moonkins using one CD as both a defensive and offensive CD. One charge instant clone wouldn't be so bad. Moonkin form could basically be Elemental Mastery for Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/07/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Quota
innervate (yes orignially a balance talent before all druids got it)

Unless my memory is off Innervate has never been in the balance spec, it was the resto 31 point talent until Swiftmend replaced it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Unless my memory is off Innervate has never been in the balance spec, it was the resto 31 point talent until Swiftmend replaced it.

Opps your right. I didn't roll my druid until the start of BC so no first hand vanilla experience for the druid. For some reason my brain remembered people talking about only bring druids to raids in vanilla to innervate other healers and that leaped (incorrectly) to it being a balance talent somehow in my head.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Tehrealemcee
your right moonkin form will never be removed, but it may become a cd and you can't face that fact.
And yet you are asking for its removal. Wow. You don't even understand your own argument. That's pretty amazing.

Moonkin form being a CD means most of the time were are not in moonkin form. Therefore, removal of the permanent form.

And which fact, exactly, is it that I can't face? There is no fact, only your silly desire to remove our poly resist and damage reduction. Because unlike spell damage bonus and haste buffs, those things *cannot* be baked in to our spec. If you really think blizz is going to give that to any spec 100% full time, you're even stupider than I originally thought.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Holy hell you people need to calm down. Try having a reasonable discussion and stop acting like spoiled brats.

"Waaaah, I like Moonkin form, you're an idiot if you want to remove it, you poopy head!"

"Waaaah, but I don't like Moonkin form, it should go and I don't care what you think, waah waah waah!!!"

That's how you all look.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/07/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Mynotaurus
"Waaaah, I like Moonkin form, you're an idiot if you want to remove it, you poopy head!"

I can't speak for others, but for this particular thread and OP, there's no "if" after the "you're an idiot" and that isn't based on his opinion of moonkin form.

Also, obligatory "this is the internet, there are no reasonable discussions" comment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]