I am sick

85 Orc Death Knight
Just die

Somebody hasn't had their happy pills yet today. This helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAJ9I7AIAs

Don't mess with ero, he's touchy and really aggressive. He kinda scares me sometimes.
Na jk, he's a little white boy acting tough on the internet.
Edited by Akavir on 2/8/2012 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Akavir
he's a little white boy acting tough on the internet.

We have so much in common, are you sure we couldn't be friends?
Reply Quote
02/08/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Akavir
he's a little white boy acting tough on the internet.

We have so much in common, are you sure we couldn't be friends?

yus but nu .-.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Azasoth
ok this just got even wierder.

want pix?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/07/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Akavir
I'll explain it to you guys, I have one of those multiple personality disorders...

It's not "one of those" it's it. There are not multiple personality disorders just Dissociative Identity Disorder which isn't even completely agreeable to even exist. But I'm pretty sure I've already explained this in another post...

If you're interested in my thesis paper regarding the correlation between DID and Amnesia brought on by psychological trauma and possible cures through modified Alzheimer's medication then I'd be more than happy to explain my theory to you.

Also a fundamental phenomenon of DID is how each 'personality' does not interact with each other in the manner you're showing. With that being said, the 'additions' are usually aware of the primary host and are able to acknowledge him/her. This means that if you actually did have DID, the two personalities you are characterizing would both be additions where your real self is not and has not been in control for quite some time or is unaware of your forum activity.

Then there is the part where your 'personalities' see themselves as the same person which is not how it happens. The point of DID is that each personality is just that; their own person. They would not enjoy all being baconsamich or being referred to as such. The others would have to be someone else.

So I say to Azasoth, I just proved he's trolling for you. You're welcome.

/PHD'ed ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
You know I have no idea how to respond to such a well written and knowledgable post. But I'm sure my other me will have something to say. He's cute like that.

I'd like to hear about your thesis though, just out of curiousity. Try to keep it short. My attention span is comparable to a 4 year old's.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Short huh? Sure I think I can pull that off.

First to point out what each have in common: DID, Amnesia, the medication. Each involve memory. First my general theory is that the psychological trauma caused the selected Amnesia in the patient similar to how PTSD effects memory. Only in the case of DID the memory is split into sections whereas PTSD the memory is lost.

You also have to understand what a personality is and what defines a person's personality. It is the collection of experiences and memories the person has. One becomes and acts a certain way and hold certain beliefs based off of their experiences and memories in life. My theory is that DID is caused when these memories are blocked off from one another; grouped together. So you end up with multiple sets of memories that are linked to each other but not shared with the others blocked off. This is the select form of Amnesia. Basically DID is just a symptom of the actual condition which is just another form of Amnesia. Similar how there is select memory loss, short term memory loss, and long term memory loss of Amnesia.

So these groups of memories form the personalities in the patient which explains why they are generally unknown to each other since the memories are not shared between the groups. That would also explain situations where a 35 year old would have the personality of a child. Their child hood memories are grouped together forming that distinct personality. Also it would explain why you often come across the personality that is the 'knowledgeable' one. Or the guardian. The guardian acts as the psychological defense personality to shield the patient from the traumatic event that occurred by bearing the weight of the trauma by itself blocked off from the other(s). This is the personality that is grouped with the memory of the traumatic event.

My idea of treatment would work similar to how Alzheimer's medicine works in maintaining memory in the patient. The idea is to link the memories together. Basically you can cure DID by reconnecting all the memories back together which would create the one personality with all the shared memories. Then you would just need to treat the trauma that caused it in the first place with typical therapy and anti-depressants.

That's the jist of my 53 page thesis (not including works cited). Of course It all sounds fanciful in theory. >.>
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/09/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Dreåmer
Then you would just need to treat the trauma that caused it in the first place with typical therapy and anti-depressants.

You can't cure a trauma using a "typical therapy" and meds. Well, depends on the trauma itself, I guess there's some exemple of people getting rid of their traumas.

02/09/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Dreåmer
They would not enjoy all being baconsamich or being referred to as such.

baconsammich*
Anyway, I am akavir's idol and I enjoy being baconsammich, so we all enjoy being me (so hawt, who would'nt).

Nice thesis tho.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I didn't say anything about curing trauma. That doesn't even make sense. What I said was to treat the trauma (traumatic event) that caused the condition. And that is exactly what people do. Lets say for example a child was molested by their father. That would be a traumatic experience that you treat with therapy and usually some form of medication since that type of trauma would usually cause depression in the patient.

With therapy you can help the patient work through and cope with what happened since traumatic experiences that cause psychological disorders occur because people aren't equipped with the correct coping methods to deal with the issue. Therapy is used in cases where the patient is unable to cope on their own with what ever is causing them trouble. IE; bullies at school, stress in the workplace, sexual frustration (homoerotic fantasies), etc.

I say typical therapy and anti-depressants because it's a generalization; kind of like an inside joke. "just listen to him for an hour each week and give him some prozac" meaning "lol easy money". Many people laugh at the career or job of a psychologist. Kind of like how everyone prescribes every child with ADD/ADHD because it's easy money.

Then again some college students like to take ADHD medication like Concerta to help them study or pay attention in class. I've heard of a few people take it for weight loss since one of the primary side effects is loss of apatite and it's generally harmless. But that doesn't really have anything to do with the conversation I suppose...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/09/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Dreåmer
say typical therapy and anti-depressants because it's a generalization;

That was my point.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/09/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Akavir
I am akavir's idol

LMFAO yeah... cuz I look up to people who self proclaim themselves as my idol. Wanna know who my idol is? Not you sweety.
Edited by Akavir on 2/10/2012 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I am akavir's idol

LMFAO yeah... cuz I look up to people who self proclaim themselves as my idol. Wanna know who my idol is? You, sweety.

Ily2
Edited by Akavir on 2/10/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Well since your a dk you probably have down syndrome. Trolololol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/10/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Trolololollo

well since you're a druid you probably have aids, an ugly face and cancer.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/10/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Trolololollo

Ima bite yo !@#.
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Druid
02/10/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Akavir
well since you're a druid you probably have aids, an ugly face and cancer.

I take uh FENCE to that sir
THEN I FAPPED TIL I BLED
Edited by Vanarhost on 2/10/2012 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]