Please Welcome Nyorloth!

(Locked)

90 Tauren Hunter
Ahh, the chaos in this thread is both fresh and old, sprinkled with just enough order for the descent into madness to be noticable.
I welcome you to this shadowed realm Lord Nyorloth I venture you'll be most comfortable here. However I warn you but once, be wary of those who dwell within this place, for those who have been here long enough could well have the power to usurp you.
Those who dwell in madness like to think themselves masters of it.

In the Nether the darklings feast, gorging on the ripples cast from Nyorloths' presence descending into the story forums.
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Tacnayn
It took me this long to figure out your name

Well, I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma covered in fur.

That, my friend, was wittily funny. I laughed and felt satisfied amusement in an unwrapped,
enigmatic sort of way. No fur, no burrito, just pure obscurity of thought.

Then I passed out....
58 Worgen Death Knight
That, my friend, was wittily funny. I laughed and felt satisfied amusement in an unwrapped,
enigmatic sort of way. No fur, no burrito, just pure obscurity of thought.

I aim to please.
Blizzard Employee
Do they go through a lore 'crash course' when they enter those teams?

Who double checks to make sure that they don't say, apply DnD or general mythological principles to WoW?

Do they self-check or do they go to you, or do they self-check using some kind of Warcraft Bible provided by CDev?

We actually have lore classes for incoming developers, and for devs that want to brush up on some of the finer parts. These are primarily planned and taught by Evelyn Fredericksen, our senior historian. Dave Kosak, the lead quest designer, is also a major lore buff and has given presentations on the lore to the entire development team as well (in costume, no less!)

Beyond the lore classes, the development teams consult with Creative Development (primarily our historians) during the beginning phases of zone/quest development, and in some cases we have been called to help write flavor text and boss lines. Unfortunately, our historians don’t have the bandwidth to check over every line of text, every piece of art, and every scripted event. QA helps catch a lot of inconsistencies, but the sheer scope of the game results in the catch-22 of “release with small issues” or “take 4 more months.”
Blizzard Employee
02/09/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Arshia
Why do you hate Night Elves? WHY!?

On the contrary: I love night elves!

They’re delicious.
58 Worgen Death Knight
02/09/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Nyorloth
They’re delicious.

I hear they go well with pears!

We actually have lore classes.

Okay, this sounds nothing short of amazing. I would kill to sit in on these.
Edited by Tacnayn on 2/9/2012 1:09 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I'm glad I came back when I did! Interaction!
85 Tauren Shaman
We actually have lore classes for incoming developers, and for devs that want to brush up on some of the finer parts. These are primarily planned and taught by Evelyn Fredericksen, our senior historian. Dave Kosak, the lead quest designer, is also a major lore buff and has given presentations on the lore to the entire development team as well (in costume, no less!)

Beyond the lore classes, the development teams consult with Creative Development (primarily our historians) during the beginning phases of zone/quest development, and in some cases we have been called to help write flavor text and boss lines. Unfortunately, our historians don’t have the bandwidth to check over every line of text, every piece of art, and every scripted event. QA helps catch a lot of inconsistencies, but the sheer scope of the game results in the catch-22 of “release with small issues” or “take 4 more months.”

JUBILATION

That sounds fantastic. Thank you.

This is the kind of transparency we needed, to see why things happen, it's beautimus.

More importantly though...

(in costume, no less!)

Can you sneak a hidden camera in? /cackle

Unfortunately, our historians don’t have the bandwidth to check over every line of text, every piece of art, and every scripted event. QA helps catch a lot of inconsistencies, but the sheer scope of the game results in the catch-22 of “release with small issues” or “take 4 more months.”

I can understand this for gameplay issues, but you must be swamped not to make it through the dialogue and such... are you hiring? *grabs Kell, Bull, Grim, Erthad, Elenie, Millenia, Omacron, and the rest*
90 Night Elf Hunter
Take me with you!
90 Tauren Druid
I pack light.

EDIT: And don't let the mask fool you, I'm not into eating faces. I am a solivore.
Edited by Bullcowsby on 2/9/2012 1:17 PM PST
(in costume, no less!)

Pics or it didn't happen.
85 Tauren Shaman
02/09/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Pumlaxer
Take me with you!

*stomping on suitcase* There's no room!

Unless...

*stuffs into overhead compartment* AHA!

Goblins and gnomes I can probably work as carryon...
90 Tauren Druid
02/09/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Skytotem
Goblins and gnomes I can probably work as carryon...

Contradicting my prior statement, I offer my belly as a simple solution to bringing gnomes with us.
90 Undead Warlock
In a break from tradition, I am not a member of the Community team; long have I gestated within the Story Development division of the Publishing Team, itself a division of Creative Development. My purposes here are myriad, but to mention a few:

- Increase the transparency of how we develop stories within our games and ancillary fiction.
- Encourage more constructive discussions of the lore, so that we may better understand your likes/dislikes in order to shape our future projects.
- To serve as a scapegoat for when something happens in the lore that you don’t like.

Again, those are just a few of the reasons I will be monitoring and posting on the Story Forums (WoW, SC, Diablo). Perhaps you will discover more reasons for my presence?

Doubtful.

Thumbs up. :)
90 Night Elf Druid
Why do you hate Night Elves? WHY!?

They’re delicious.

And why wouldn't we be?

We rock so hard at everything else, it's only natural that we would taste good to boot.

Nice look into the company though. Digging it.
Edited by Ferlion on 2/9/2012 1:36 PM PST
85 Undead Death Knight
So, blue with the -sort of- lovecraftian name, how do you feel being on the forums?

You...love...ELVES!??!

They’re delicious.

Oh, in that case...*ganks a night elf player and cannibalize*
85 Night Elf Hunter
Nyorloth, you're reaching new heights of awesome. Thank you, thank you very much for this. I'm very seriously glad to be learning about classes and historians. My cynicism.. it's ebbing slightly!

Feels... odd.

85 Human Paladin
Sadly mine is still alive and kicking. I respond to actions, not words. I'll wait and see how this all plays out, because I've been told far too many times by Blizzard that certain things will change that don't to truly openly trust them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]