Server Population

85 Worgen Hunter
As all of you are probably aware, Our realm is pretty much a barren wasteland in terms of players playing. And this has a pretty detrimental effect on the ability for our realm to progress raid content.

When was the last time anyone of us saw a 25-man DS raid?

I sure haven't.

The reason why? Because we just dont have the people.

I've spoken to a GM about this issue and while the response was very informative and sympathetic. This still dosen't help out our situation here.

What i'm thinking is a realm-wide petition/show of interest, for Blizzard to list our server as one for new players to join, or something along those lines. Because eventhough our playerbase is small. We're still dedicated and skilled as any other, we just need the numbers that all the other servers do, Our Guilds, Economy, and raid Progression would all be the better for it.

Post here if you all feel the same. We need to get this message out to the people that can help!

-Logramar
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Frankly my dear.

I don't give a Van Damn.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Its not just alliance thats hurting hordes felt it too. They should open up the same thing that brought me here in the first place... free transfers off Mal'ganis. Medium pop sounds awesome compaired to low pop.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
That sounds like a really good idea Astoria. Free transfers would definately help the situation!

From what the Gm's are telling me, all we have to do is spread the word on this, gather support from both the alliance and horde sides on our realm, and the more we smash on our shields and beat our chests we will be heard!

So to everyone on our realm has to do what they can to raise awareness on this. Post in this thread, speak to a GM. Anything you can to to get the word out that we're still here and we're still dedicated!
Reply Quote
Yup I totally agree Astoria, Myself and all my friends xfered here from bloodscalp when they opened free xfers to drak... they DEF need to make this option available again.. Im all about low pop/med pop servers but this is ridiculous I know horde have it hard as well but on ally on Prime time you can do a /who 85 and MAYBE get 60 people MAYBE.... Average number on primetime in SW is 35.... this is BELOW LOW POP. I would love to see this server repopulated again lets hope they do something before everyone quits this game or xfers off, and we end up with one 10 man guild on the server!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i hope they do put free transfers on so we can get more new blood in here. makes it hard to get even a 10 man raid going at times because of how few people will be on at any one time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I'm feelin your pain there Narcotic, Every single week I have to talk to each and everyone of my raiders to know weither theyll be on for the weeks raiding, and even then I try to make sure I have a few back-ups in case of a no show.

But with so few people on server, My options are extremely limited at times.

And let's not even start on class composition :P Beggars cant be choosers it seems.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I totally agree with you here. Blizz obviously wants all their players to progress through the content without getting headaches over finding enough players to go through with it. It's impossible to have a steady core raid group when the group only has about 10-15 players in it. People have lives and things come up.

I always feel awful when I can't make it to a scheduled raid because it's quite tough finding a backup -- even for DPS.

I implore blizz to, at the very least, do a server merge or offer people from high/full pop servers to transfer here.

All we want to do is play the game and enjoy it. And since this is an MMO, it's a bit hard to do that when there are such few people around.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I full agree.. they opened up free transfers to Gallywix and Nemesis, where is help for the rest of us. =\
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I totally agree with you guys, i see a lot of people complaining in trade chat about this being a dead server. It would be nice if Blizz could do something to help the situation. Haven't done a raid in a long time and I would love to do more but the people just are not there when you try to pug.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
well, I haven't been 85 for long, so haven't had a chance to really do raids, i'd love to see more players on our server
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Everyone should open a ticket at the same day and time and maybe give the GMs a bit of a headache about it... They really need to do something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I think free transfers are a great idea to solve this problem.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I agree and feel that free transfers will help solve this population issue.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I agree 100%.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah this is my first 85 and i rarely get an opportunity to do a raid, let alone a 25-man.. Maybe if everyone opened a ticket as sparkles said and gave them a headache they would actually realize how far we are willing to plan and go to get their attention, which we will need to do before they even consider free transfers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Posted by Zarhym
Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

A player quoted this blue post in General Forums. Why should we suffer any longer?
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
When I first came to this realm back in early 2009, this realm had decent population, a lot of pug runs for both dungeon and raids alike. Saw plenty of trade chat full of people looking for players to fill in raid spot. Initially free transfer to here was a great idea, but somehow Blizzard offer another free transfer out from this realm, thus the decline in population.

As such, I totally support this thread.

Ariansephron, members of Elite Heroes
Edited by Ariansephron on 2/7/2012 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
BLIZZ! WHY U NO GIVE US POPULATIONS!?

ANYWAY, yes, I agree that our population in this realm has gotten to a point that our economy has suffered and the raids have become near impossible to do because of the lack of people. A free realm transfer or a change to a new player realm to get our population back in to a number to get things back on a normal standing would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]