Account Wide Achievements - Need Clarification

90 Gnome Mage
"With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day."

I'm a boxer and it says that the chieves will be available at the battle.net level. Am I reading this that my chieves on my main from account 1 will allow my other 4x account these chieves?!?!? PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Make this happen Blizz and I will scream like a little school girl here :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think you answered your own question

With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters

So "Insane Title" on my one account I'm about to get could potentially (if blizz chooses to for this chieve) to represent it on my other 4x accounts?

I'm thinking that's what they mean at the "battle.net Account level"?!?!?!?!?????????
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Mage
You mean your "not so insane" insane title. Shendralar rep is one part that made the title true to its name.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Mage
02/07/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Lëon
Chieves

..really?

Lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So "Insane Title" on my one account I'm about to get could potentially (if blizz chooses to for this chieve) to represent it on my other 4x accounts?

I'm thinking that's what they mean at the "battle.net Account level"?!?!?!?!?????????

4 accounts is not one account.

1 Battle.net account can have multiple WoW licenses on it. If you use the same email for all 4 accounts then possibly though I wouldn't support it.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 2/7/2012 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
srsly breh, im all 4 shrtnin things 2, but 'least do it rite breh. Achieves. Was using an 'A' so hard breh. Breh.

lol
Reply Quote
15 Human Hunter
Two things..

Why would you shorten a word in a post that you have written coherently? A post that's
ruined with just 1 word? Picky, yes I know..but I'm curious as to why.

As said, you answered your own question.
Edited by Myan on 2/7/2012 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh no my cheevos!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/9/1/
Reply Quote
15 Human Hunter

4 accounts is not one account.

1 Battle.net account can have multiple WoW licenses on it. If you use the same email for all 4 accounts then possibly though I wouldn't support it.

She may have a point here. It may depend on their definition of account.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
srsly breh, im all 4 shrtnin things 2, but 'least do it rite breh. Achieves. Was using an 'A' so hard breh. Breh.

sorry came back to lol one more time =P awesome post haha
Reply Quote
70 Troll Druid
MDK
I think achievement mounts such as the purple firehawk should be account wide, but looted mounts should stay rare.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Teelo
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.
*Reads into this*

ZOMG!!!1 There will be an achievement for "have ten level 90's on one server" that awards a shiny large pink flying unicorn mount and 350% riding speed for all characters!!!!11one1
LOL. Yeah bro.

This will be just like transmog. People will get their expectations high, then start QQ'ing about the "restrictions" placed on it. I say just make a list of stuff you really want, but keep your expectations low until you see the end product.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera

I'm a 5boxer and phasing makes play almost impossible in Cataclysm & WotLK. Making this battle.net based would allow the chieves to be shared and remedy this very large issue I have. Also, I'm about to get the "Insane Title" on my main and having this on my others is my ultimate dream.

I'm sure there could be some type of option created inside account management to toggle on & off which accounts you'd want the chieves to be mirrored. This would satisfy my needs (as I want them all to be shared) and I'm sure someone else's needs who would prefer to have there chieves separate from that of their brother.

I can't begin to explain how excited I am now. I know a handful of ppl that want to dual box for pve, but won't cause of the phasing issue of having their main a lore master. Please share details as they become available!!!
Edited by Ilistokedill on 2/7/2012 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
98 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera

things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]