Account Wide Achievements - Need Clarification

85 Troll Hunter
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

You guys should just make every achievement account bound. After all, if we did something on our toon on some other server, be it pvp or pve, we did it nonetheless and should get credit for it and whatever mount/pet/tabard/title that comes with the achiev as well.
Edited by Gravy on 2/7/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Mayhaps
things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.
to us, yes.

To Blizz, very useful because it forces us to still basically do it all over on alts if we want the rewards on them too.

I agree with you though. I see it happening too.
Edited by Milsa on 2/7/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015164096
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really hope that honor kills aren't going to be accoutn wide achievments, go into a level 15-19 BG and get 200 honor kills. Go into a 85 BG and get maybe 15-40. PLEASE everyone and their mother will be walking around with the "Of the Alliance/Horde" and ",The Bloodthirsty" titles.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
Also please can you clarify if you mean Battle-net Account or just the World of Warcraft Account. This has been very miss leading in the past.

I have both an EU and US account, (I bought a US account after moving to the states), I would love to have all the achieves and such from my EU account on my US account. Otherwise it feels like I am starting from scratch.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

Please please please (for emphasis) I know you are going for companions and achievements but also get mounts, titles and reputations(maybe, since the important stuff is usually BoA except the new shoulder enchants, get on that :P). Switching mains should simply be about leveling a rehearing, should not lose all your investment with it :P
Edited by Ovan on 2/7/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This is why i refuse to do achievements on my alts i knew this day would come eventually.
This is also why i never change mains- which sucks right now because id love to try new roles for progression.

Doing this will let me change my main without losing my titles, mounts, and achievements that I have put 7+ years into. I'm far from an "insane" but for someone who works 80 hrs a week i still put a ton of time in this game working on collecting things.

To put in perspective- I think right now its a huge pain in the !@# for people like myself to go to a new realm, roll a new toon, and even get into a pug. When you go to high pop servers everything is Link ILVL-ACH. Dosen't even make sense to say " oh well go armory my main who has xxx server firsts and xxx boss kills on heroic on xxx realm" to get into a normal pug. Nobody cares, and theres really no way to prove you are who you are.. its all a waste of time.

With this feature it will be alot easier to host pugs, and alot easier to pug on alts knowing that the players have some credibility for their accomplishments or find dedicated people that arent bs'ing.

And yes i know about LFR- but everyone knows LFR is a circus.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Will achievement mounts such as raid-tier mounts (both icc drakes, t11/12/13) be shared WITH all accounts on your battle.net? I've been asking the question since BlizzCon, still no answer/insight.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
chieves?

Is this something that goes on potatoes?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I really only use two accounts (and one far more than the other), but I think if they're going to go ahead and make them account-wide, they should do it fully for the entire Battle.net account, rather than just one WoW license. If the point is being able to distinguish achieves (or pets and perhaps mounts in the future for that matter) by player and not by character, I think it makes the most sense to do it this way.

That said, I hope it is worked out in some fashion to allow the preservation of dedication to one character, as you can see with my main. I'm excited about account-wide achievements, but I've always poured all my major efforts into one character with the very old philosophy in mind, so it's cool if that is acknowledged in some fashion, without making the new system overly complex or unable to fulfill its design intent.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/07/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Ilistokedill

I'm a 5boxer and phasing makes play almost impossible in Cataclysm & WotLK. Making this battle.net based would allow the chieves to be shared and remedy this very large issue I have. Also, I'm about to get the "Insane Title" on my main and having this on my others is my ultimate dream.

I'm sure there could be some type of option created inside account management to toggle on & off which accounts you'd want the chieves to be mirrored. This would satisfy my needs (as I want them all to be shared) and I'm sure someone else's needs who would prefer to have there chieves separate from that of their brother.

I can't begin to explain how excited I am now. I know a handful of ppl that want to dual box for pve, but won't cause of the phasing issue of having their main a lore master. Please share details as they become available!!!

I've 2 boxed through Wrath and Cata and now the new revamped 1-60 and the phasing is annoying because it breaks follow but it doesn't make it impossible to level.

You do need to have all your chars at the same level of phasing though, trying to lead a nub through with a loremaster won't work.

I'm curious how horde and alliance characters on the same account will work. Will pets go to everyone, and what about achievements.

Battle net account wide assumes multiple accounts under the same battle net ID will share which is great since right now my DK is higher progressed than my mage in raiding which kind of sucks because the mage is my 'main'.

My dream is to be able to pvp on whichever char makes sense and is most fun, raid on whichever char the team needs most to do hard modes and achieves with, and not have my 'main' missing out. It would also be nice to only rep grind once - doing this 11x just isn't happening. I also want mounts shared across my chars because it's darn near impossible for my 'main' to get the rng ones yet I have THREE steenkin HH mounts on alts.
Reply Quote

When the additional information comes around could you please include whether the account wide achievements will be retroactive, or only count for achievements earned after the feature is implemented?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

I'm sure we will be seeing some big buts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]