LFR Taunt Doods

100 Human Paladin
Let's hear your stories. What do you do when you get into LFR and the other less skilled, usually less geared tank uses taunt on cooldown?

I let them tank everything until they die, using them as a human shield.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
My worst is:
Tanking the Hideous away from the pile of bloods on Spine.
There's 300 blood puddles on the floor, he's at +50% hp; and some DPS keeps taunting him over the puddles yelling in raid "don't you know how to do this fight? get him to 9 stacks, L2PLAY"

I want to beat those guys senseless.

Or on madness when the LFR OT has taunt on CD for the tentacle.
"Why yes I'm a horrible tank for not pushing my [cancel your taunt] button. I'll get right on improving that"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Let's hear your stories. What do you do when you get into LFR and the other less skilled, usually less geared tank uses taunt on cooldown?

I've never actually seen other tanks do this. There's invariably one DPS that does it, though - especially on Zon'ozz. I've given up taunting back off them with how frequently it happens. The healers eventually figure out that it takes less mana and effort to resurrect them after than to keep them alive during.

It seems to be Paladins that do this primarly (granted it's not as easy for a Warrior or Druid, and more obvious). For a while I wondered if they'd added the damage back to Hand of Reckoning, but even that would be a pretty weak excuse.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

I've never actually seen other tanks do this. There's invariably one DPS that does it, though - especially on Zon'ozz. I've given up taunting back off them with how frequently it happens. The healers eventually figure out that it takes less mana and effort to resurrect them after than to keep them alive during.

It seems to be Paladins that do this primarly (granted it's not as easy for a Warrior or Druid, and more obvious). For a while I wondered if they'd added the damage back to Hand of Reckoning, but even that would be a pretty weak excuse.

They didn't. Those guys are just bad.

I didn't encounter a tank that used taunt in their rotation until I started doing LFR. I didn't know there were so many of them. It's kind of twisted.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
"OMG WHY DIDNT YOU TAUNT BACK THE AMALGAMATION"

-Warrior DPS who attempted to stack the amagalmation to 9 while he was at 80%...i let him die
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
My worst is:
There's 300 blood puddles on the floor, he's at +50% hp; and some DPS keeps taunting him over the puddles yelling in raid "don't you know how to do this fight? get him to 9 stacks, L2PLAY"

I want to beat those guys senseless.

Or on madness when the LFR OT has taunt on CD for the tentacle.
"Why yes I'm a horrible tank for not pushing my [cancel your taunt] button. I'll get right on improving that"

This, a thousand times over..

The idiots in LFR have no idea how much harder the Amalg hits for when he has 9 stacks.

My guild leader and I used to do this (tank) on our alts. The plan was I would tank the amalg away from the adds, and he would gather up the adds. get them killed.

Then when we had him to 20% and enough bloods up he would taunt amalg to the bloods pick up all the bloods and then I would taunt the amalg back to blow off a plate..

This cut down on the ammount of damage he did by alot, but idiot people in LFR just couldn't get that through thier damned idiot heads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
I can't even begin to tell you how often and annoying this is. For a while I tried taunting back because it was obvious that this guy shouldn't be tanking the boss, (mostly when I find some tank in DPS gear and isn't gemmed or enchanted.) but after a while trying to get threat back from him for 6 seconds only for the OTard to taunt back isn't worth it anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Yeah, I had a guy yelling to get the Amalgamation to 9 stacks when it was at 80% health, even though him taunting it to make it do that had literally just caused us to wipe, he still was yelling at us. He was gone before we started Madness.

On that same run, had a hunter who was yelling "FAIL" at us for not having the Amalgamation at 9 stacks when it was at 80% health, while standing in Grasping Tentacles the whole fight.
-----
Attack tables, CTC, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
me: Okay i got this ill tank hagara, {insert other tanks name here} go DPS!
random dps: There is no i got this, This is a two tank fight!
me:....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My favorite recently was someone who taunted AS I was dragging the amalg back... after it had stacks.
It took 2 steps, smashed his face in, and came right back to me :).

It's always funny when people type "drag it back" too slow and end up saying it as it reaches 9 stacks, but someone taunting too late? priceless.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
My worst is:

I've had some guy do that, the entire raid threatened to votekick me after the fight because i wouldnt grab bloods right as they spawn "cause its easy anyways".

So, some cat dps went in bearform, grabbed all the bloods, i taunted back, he taunted back, this went back and forth for no reason (add was already at 9), and he made the amalg explode in the middle of the raid.. and i took the blame.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
whenever someone pulls the almag back i just let it kill them. I also usually convince my other guild tank to go with me so that we can make the almag immune to taunt.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Escorducarla
They didn't. Those guys are just bad.

Yeah, I found that out when I double checked the other day.

Came across another one today. Another Paladin. Claimed that they'd accidentally switched HoR with Holy Wrath. Would have believed that if it happened once, but it happened twice on Morchok, it happened three times on Zon'ozz and it happened twice more on Yor'sahj trash. You'd think he would've noticed before people were trying to accumulate enough votes to kick him, along with calling him a few choice words....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I healed an LFR in the evening for my guildmate on his tank. It was the first time he'd ever tanked it, so we got on vent and I talked him through it, the way I tend to do with this stuff.

Anyway, we landed on Ultraxion, where the group proceeded to wipe because of tank death. The DK tank wasn't using Heroic Will on Fading Light, and then blaming my guildmate for not taunting when he died (which was an utter lie). Of course, people start getting belligerent, and my guildmate is like, "uh oh, I think I'm going to get kicked."

At which point, I said, the taunt is happening. Smart guy over there fails at button presses.

Smart guy very quietly dropped group, and we finished the run (almost) without incident (because single-targeting little tentacles is hard, yo).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sometimes I taunt+bubble to get the amalg to high stacks so I have something to do.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I remembered one where I was tanking the Amalg's on spine and all the bloods were dying in fairly close proximity to me. So the other tank decided to Death Grip it off of me and run in circles with it trying to kill a Corruption tentacle on his own.

We ended up playing the Yo-Yo Taunt Game for a moment until I won because he was taunt immune. Then when the Amalg instantly hit 9 stacks from running over all of the nicely placed bloods I had, he ran into melee and started whacking it at low health, and died when it exploded.

I wish I could say I was making this !@#$ up.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Pet peeve in all of DS so far though:
"Hooves, hurry up and drag the Amalg through the Bloods!" I'm like, dude... I've been spending the last minute and a half waiting for Bloods to rack up. I've done this fight correctly ever since it came out now. Come on now.

From my RL no less. Sigh.
Reading raid chat when I do that in LFR makes my day. Sometimes even DPS will suicide taunt because, for some reason, they felt the need to grab 3 bloods when the Amalg was at 50%.

One time, I had a Pally co-tank. I was taunting freshly dismounted mobs somewhat recklessly on gunship, and the Pally took offense to that because I sometimes messed up and taunted a mob that he had picked up. He had a point, but on Spine when I was tanking the Amalg and not picking up the bloods immediately, he took the liberty to engage in taunt wars with me. Pally v. Pally taunts wars are fun, too. Yay ping pong!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Mcnostril

generally thats because dps kill the amalgamation before it stacks if left alone, a fully stacked amalgamation is easy to heal though on lfr.
half the time only one tank knows how to position it correctly ( if that) better to get it stacked first then worry about getting it positioned.

its tanks who don't taunt off each other on ultraxion and kill me because i'm always behind them on threat that piss me off.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/05/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Pragmatic
its tanks who don't taunt off each other on ultraxion and kill me because i'm always behind them on threat that piss me off.

I never need to worry about that (well, I do, but it doesn't kill me), because:
My DPSers are:
This guy, which I just use my tank spec for. If they're screwing up I just go bear whenever fading light goes out, safe!
Fury war. Throw a shield on if they're failing. Although, he does more DPS as prot than fury, I'm not sure why I even bring him as DPS (gear maybe?)
Frost DK, who always goes in as blood and tops the charts!
Hunter. Feign Death ftw.

May wish to salv yourself on CD, hopefully someone's doing at least 80% of your threat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]