Choosing a Healer Toon? Here's Some Help.

(Sticky)

I've liked and stickied.

But WHY is it reported?!

People often mistakenly believe that reporting a thread will earn it more attention and increase the likelihood it will be stickied.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
sticky requested
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've liked and stickied.

But WHY is it reported?!

People often mistakenly believe that reporting a thread will earn it more attention and increase the likelihood it will be stickied.

I don't know all the functions of the forum, so how do you know if it's been reported?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/10/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Abeille
Don't let jack of all trades be deceiving rshammies are very potent healers in crunch times

Give me a more specific example I can add in please.

---------------------------

Also, anyone got a decent fun fact for druids?

Re: shamans, they have the most potent single-target burst heal in the game (GHW). They're outstanding at fast triage. They can also provide a huge amount of supporting AoE healing with very little time invested, because Healing Rain is the largest single short-cooldown AoE heal in the game.
Reply Quote

I don't know all the functions of the forum, so how do you know if it's been reported?

look at the first post, and you'll see a little biohazard symbol in the upper right corner
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Apparently though, it does not show if your own thread has been reported or not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just had to stop in and say I abhor the thread title. I can't see it on the thread list without the lyrics "which seat should I take?" playing through my head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/13/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Eoghann
I just had to stop in and say I abhor the thread title. I can't see it on the thread list without the lyrics "which seat should I take?" playing through my head.

I hate you! I'd just had several very pleasant months of never thinking about that song, and you just had to ruin it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/13/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Kaels

I hate you! I'd just had several very pleasant months of never thinking about that song, and you just had to ruin it.

AUGH I DIDN'T MAKE THE CONNECTION TILL NOW.
/shakes fist
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/12/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Kaels
Re: shamans, they have the most potent single-target burst heal in the game (GHW). They're outstanding at fast triage. They can also provide a huge amount of supporting AoE healing with very little time invested, because Healing Rain is the largest single short-cooldown AoE heal in the game.

Thanks Kaels; but don't HPriests have the most potent burst healing in the game? Although I do understand that you're just talking about GHW - the reasoning behind this is because of shaman mastery right? I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.
Also, it's late for me now so I probably wont be able to adjust the info for awhile. I'm low on space too; man I should've reserved more posts directly underneath the first two.

02/12/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Windfuehrer
look at the first post, and you'll see a little biohazard symbol in the upper right corner

02/12/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Malrius
Apparently though, it does not show if your own thread has been reported or not.

Thanks Windfuehrer and Malrius... although it makes no sense to not be able to tell if my own thread gets reported.

02/13/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Eoghann

/shrug
The title is direct. I don't want to change it.... again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/13/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Abeille
Thanks Kaels; but don't HPriests have the most potent burst healing in the game? Although I do understand that you're just talking about GHW - the reasoning behind this is because of shaman mastery right? I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Well, Holy can put out the most burst over a 4-second interval, but a shaman can put out the most burst over a 1.5-second interval.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/13/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Abeille
Although I do understand that you're just talking about GHW - the reasoning behind this is because of shaman mastery right? I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Yup, it's because of shaman mastery. If it crits, it is actually a LoH with no cooldown and a 1.5 second cast time.With 18+ mastery, 150k crits are, well, not commonplace, but not unheard of.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Lol let me see Abeille, 120k crit ghw, very nice hot that does a ghw over 21 seconds (riptide), can act as a mana battery using mana tide totem and telluric currents. They also have a nice raid save spirit link totem. They may not have the hps but they have the cd's to save the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/13/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Kaels
Well, Holy can put out the most burst over a 4-second interval, but a shaman can put out the most burst over a 1.5-second interval.

This is interesting to know, thank you.

02/14/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Kiango
Yup, it's because of shaman mastery. If it crits, it is actually a LoH with no cooldown and a 1.5 second cast time.With 18+ mastery, 150k crits are, well, not commonplace, but not unheard of.

This makes sense, thank you.

02/14/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Thefinalhunt
Lol let me see Abeille, 120k crit ghw, very nice hot that does a ghw over 21 seconds (riptide), can act as a mana battery using mana tide totem and telluric currents. They also have a nice raid save spirit link totem. They may not have the hps but they have the cd's to save the raid.

Thank you for the information.

Also, putting together what I've read about Shammys so far, I've put this as their weakness:
"While having many cooldowns and utility, their raw healing power is comparatively lower than the other healing specs."

Please let me know if I've interperted it incorrectly.

--------------------------------------------------

This thread has been stickied, yay!!!
Thank you to all those who've liked and sticky requested; now hopefully we'll see a marked decrease in those "what should i be???" threads.

Feel free to continue leaving your opinions, I keep track of them :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Just so it's clear, I reported it telling them to sticky it. Someone told me a while back it's what you have to do to get them to sticky it(Possibly faster?) and it was proven so yea haha. The thread wasn't reported for being against rules or anything.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Yay! Sticky-ness :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/10/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Abeille
Also, anyone got a decent fun fact for druids?

Well, it's strictly aesthetic, but we are the only spec of Druid in the game who retains "caster" form, so we can actually see our transmog set.

May not mean much, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how well various items I'd kept throughout the years -- one of which is no longer available in the game -- go with the current tier gear.
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
Thanks for the thread. I started this priest because i want to learn how to heal and I really have no idea where to start. I've been dps'ing the last 2 years. I've used shadow to level but want to do disc/holy when i hit 85 as i'd like to do raid heals. Thanks for the starting point:)

I've not delved into this forum much - yet (priests). If i'm looking to learn to heal, is this the best place to start? I've tried a couple of times with guild mates but always panic and am oom in record time.
Reply Quote
31 Draenei Paladin
what is a good horde class/race combo for healing pve/pvp/dungeons and raids. im thinking of making a new toon for a little group of 3-4/5 people but have never done healing before. the one im thinking of currently is tauren resto-druid with herb and enchanting as i will be the group enchanter but i am new to healing as i said so some advice or tips of the trade would be nice. thx
Edited by Haleyt on 2/15/2012 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]