Choosing a Healer Toon? Here's Some Help.

90 Human Priest
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTORATION DRUIDS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Druids are HoT based. They are very mobile and can heal while running.

Mechanics/Abilities: Druids two basic healing strategies consist of targeting one player with a powerful stacked HoT (Lifebloom) combined with single cast time heals as needed and/or scattering smaller HoTs (Rejuvenation and Wild Growth) over a large number of targets. They have two raid healing cooldowns (Tranquility and Tree of Life) but no very good tank cooldowns. They do however have the best battle rez in the game (Rebirth). They also have an ability called Efflorescence which is a powerful 3 target location oriented heal that procs everytime they use the ability Swiftmend.

What Mastery Does: Harmony: Their direct healing is increased by an additional 10% and casting their direct healing spells grants them an additonal 10% bonus to periodic healing for 10 sec. Each point of Mastery increases each bonus by an additional 1.25%.

Misc. Info.: RDruids are the only druid spec that keeps their caster form (doesn't shapeshift). This is nice for those who'd like to show-off transmog'ed sets. Their mana regen scales better with intellect than spirit.

Strong Points: Very mana efficient and can have very high healing throughput when multi target healing. They are also the only healer that brings Replenishment; it gives 10 party or raid members (with the lowest mana left) 1% of their maximum mana every 5 second for 15 seconds, or 3% over the full duration.

Weak Points: Poor single target heals. They are the most fragile healer, with low armor and no threat dropping abilities. Their mastery can be wasted if Harmony is allowed to fall off.

Fun Fact: Druids can have up to 5 HoT effects on a single target at once.

Link to class forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012663/
Back to contents: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015354204?page=1#1
Edited by Abeille on 10/24/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Okay, made a few changes.
Edited by Abeille on 3/9/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/07/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Kaels
Discs are weaker in AoE healing than other healing specs/classes.

We are not!

Well, ok, on a fight like Ultraxion where the AoE is constant, sure. Maybe. But on your average fight, we can match any other class's AoE. We just have to work for it.

This is not true. Prayer of healing on all the groups to later take the ae dmg from Ultra is crazy thanks to Divine Aegis procs. Plus if on red crystal buff it's just silly.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Priest
Yeah, I have to agree that AoE healing is a drawback for a Disc Priest. I've had my party wipe because I couldn't heal them all at once. But honestly that situation also corresponded to the tank drawing too much aggro. Generally I do pretty good heals if the tank doesn't draw too much and IF they let me regain my mana before drawing a big pull. While yes I don't run out of mana right away, it certainly can be difficult if the party doesn't wait for you! (referring to new players here) and that most certainly will happen quite a bit, so carry potions with you when doing anything in a group.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
In regards to the druid's weak points, we can always go bear form for extra survivability, and we can still enter cat form and use cower to drop threat. Cowering requires melee range, but it's often do-able.

However, I have literally never had to go kitty form and cower mid-raid. =P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
very helpful.
> add to favourites
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Weak Points: Reliance on the Holy Power mechanic, which leads to more of a "rotation" than any other healing spec. They can also have mana problems at lower gear levels.

I lol'd in real life. No healer has a rotation, NONE. You do what you must to keep people alive.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/21/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Planet
I lol'd in real life. No healer has a rotation, NONE. You do what you must to keep people alive.

You saw the air quotes, right?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
After reading this, I'm anxious to give healing a try on my druid. :) Thanks for the information!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Great guide. It inspired me as a Resto Shaman player to level up a Resto Druid, which is now geared and has had such good luck on LFR drops already that he rivals my 5 year old Shaman.

-_-

Anyway, I really hate to be a nitpicker but as a Shaman myself I feel I should mention that the word "Shaman" is already plural. "Shamans" is not a word.

:p
Edited by Stormtides on 5/25/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'm normally a disc priest, but decided to try out Holy this weekend to see if I liked it. Switched back right away as I wasn't doing that well and didn't understand the mechanics. Didn't want to wipe.

Now that I know a bit more about the spec, I'm gonna try it out again.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
02/06/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Abeille
They also have a unique heal called Lightwell, which is arguably HPriest's strongest and most mana efficient heal - if players would actually click it.

I made a macro for each dungeon group I go into suggesting that when I throw down a Lightwell, they should click it. I only throw it down on bosses and when I need a quick mana break and I can just plant it somewhere nearby and drink up and watch the fight.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
So in your opinion, what would be the best race for a Restoration Druid?
Edited by Ignito on 7/5/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Dont forget ret pallies, they are healers too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/05/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Ignito
So in your opinion, what would be the best race for a Restoration Druid?

It depends on your playstyle. PvP/PvE will probably be different, but I wouldn't really know why.

I'm not sure if Shadowmeld drops aggro, but if it does, there you go. Also kind of useful sometimes in PvP, though it's almost always on CD for me.

Tauren have an AoE 2-second stun on a two-minute CD. Good for a transition into travel form to make escapes in PvP. Throw a Nature's Grasp on yourself and cat form Dash for win (if you define winning as not losing).

Trolls' Berserking is probably the best; a 20% cast-time buff for OHSHI- healing.

Worgen can speedboost and have 1% higher crit chance. If you like it, you can buy it.

Basically, up to you.
Reply Quote
Having raised this little baby being a disc. priest doing pretty much running dungeons from 15-85 w/ very little questing you are right on re; the mechanics of healing. I have found this character w/ my spec to be one of the most challenging toons I have played to date (pre-BC) as my 6th 85th lvl character (in the wagon I also have a shammy and druid heals). However I think it is also the most fun, definitely not for the faint at heart or beginner as I have 46 add-ons to manage.

After so many years of just dishing out damage, keeping other players alive I have found to be a very gratifying aspect of the game and probably my favorite character to date. If you have been playing WOW for a while, raise a little goblin priest...they are fun plus you get to see their new starting zone until lvl 30 that no other can visit which was entertaining.

Peace,
Irona
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
There is an addon out there for holy priests that can be found easily on curse that is designed for the Lightwell. It says when its up, how many charges it has left, and who used it when. It can also be personalized so you can change what it says.
Edited by Priestgnome on 8/26/2012 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So... it's been awhile, sorry to those who posted and I didn't reply to.
As it's been some time since the posts, feels a little silly to reply now, so I won't.

Anyway, finally got around to start making updates/changes.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for about 2 months now (yes, I'm going crazy w/o WoW); so I don't have a clue how the classes are working.

So, as always, those who want to leave their opinions will be given due consideration and I will change the information if I'm being given correct information.

I appreciate any and all contributions. Healer community is the best :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]