Win on multiple items in LFR

100 Blood Elf Paladin
So this is a direct quote from the patch notes:

Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.

I was just on Spine in LFR and someone won both rolls on Eye of Unmaking since 2 of them dropped.. If I read this patch note right this isn't suppose to happen. What gives?
Edited by Forman on 2/7/2012 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No, if you "READ" it right, it applies to everything because it says "for example." Programming all of that stuff is not as simple as you would like it to be, so it's easy for them to miss some things especially when it's a brand new tool.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks.. Next time try to be a little less condescending. Kindness goes a long way. Guess you need to get out of your teens first though /pat
Edited by Forman on 2/7/2012 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/07/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Forman
Thanks.. Next time try to be a little less condescending. Kindness goes a long way. Guess you need to get out of your teens first though /pat

Dear kettle, it's pot. There's something about your current hue I've been meaning to mention.....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
They do not get a role bonus on the second if they won the first one.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
What was the details on the rolls? did the second roll have anyone with a role bonus?

What i've seen happen was that the winner of the first roll will lose his role bonus for the second roll. if no one has a role bonus on the second role, then the winner of the first item does have a chance to win the second item.
Reply Quote
02/08/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Oglop
They do not get a role bonus on the second if they won the first one.

Which could still lead to you winning if no other main specs rolled on it. Especially with that strength trinket I've seen many go to offspecs. Sometimes raids don't have strength dps. It happens. But darn it there will always be casters lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Melgrin
f they were the only person who needed on them, they'll still get the second one from what I've experienced. Was that the case for the situation you were in?

There were actually 5 people rolling on the trinket.. all of which got a bonus roll. I didn't personally roll for it because I didn't need it. But the person that won both had a bonus roll on both items.
Reply Quote
02/08/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Forman
f they were the only person who needed on them, they'll still get the second one from what I've experienced. Was that the case for the situation you were in?

There were actually 5 people rolling on the trinket.. all of which got a bonus roll. I didn't personally roll for it because I didn't need it. But the person that won both had a bonus roll on both items.

Have you posted something about it in the bugs forums? That is where this belongs.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Our patch note is wrong and we apologize for the confusion. We'll get it updated.

What i've seen happen was that the winner of the first roll will lose his role bonus for the second roll. if no one has a role bonus on the second role, then the winner of the first item does have a chance to win the second item.

This is correct.

The way it currently works is you'll lose the Need+ roll bonus if you win an item that drops twice from the same boss, but you won't be made completely ineligible to win it twice. If no one else has the Need+ bonus or rolls Need on the item, you'd still win it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
02/08/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Forman

That shouldn't happen. I'd suggest posting about it in the Bug Report forum. If you have any evidence to provide, that'd help too. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Thank you for the clarification.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
That shouldn't happen. I'd suggest posting about it in the Bug Report forum. If you have any evidence to provide, that'd help too. :)

Sounds good. Thanks Zarhym.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/08/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Zarhym

Considering it's a newly implemented tool, I'm sure there are still bugs. So instead of complaining about it on the forums, just post in the bug report forum to speed things along. :) Although I do see that at first the OP was most likely trying to verify what was going on.

02/07/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Forman

Must have been your imagination or something because I didn't find anything condescending in that post. But then again, you can make anything out of text on a screen since you can't hear or see how someone really meant it.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Does this happen because one person waits for the loot timers to expire? That would in turn result in a near instantaneous roll for all items at once and thus one person could get a roll bonus on multiple items. If it happens with ignite why can't it happen with loot?
Edited by Sizenomatter on 2/8/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
how about removing the 'rogue only' requirement from the dagger lol... x-x keep seeing one or... even two... dropping when there are 2-3 enhancement shaman.... and no rogues

and yes it isnt 'best' for shaman... but it sure beats heroics loot....

imo woulda been better off just giving the roll bonuses to the classes you meant it for... which would provide those who dont fit your chosen loot target, to still be able to use it if it gets to greed and they somehow beat 24 other people.... (paladin offhand... )

or heck... I want the polearm on my warrior just for the chance on hit.... and.. xD it would still be an upgrade compared to what that toons using... but... I can.. even though I won it on a night where all the hunters but one had them(bow and polearm).... and he won every drop(because of it.. ) and passed me a polearm and a bow as i was the only one who had stuck around to watch loot roles... on my warrior... x-x cant even transmog/wield either thing sadly
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
At what point are people not going to get the roll bonus when they roll on a piece they already have? I have alts that have lost pieces i need to people who already have the item equipped.
This won't prevent people from banking or bagging their pieces before queing for LFR and winning them again, but there has to be something that can be done to prevent people from winning items they already have won. While LFR is a joke in terms of difficulty, it is a decent way to gear up alts, but it is very difficult to even do that when you can never win something because people need rolling even if they don't "need" it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]