Horde in TB

56 Gnome Mage
Hey when are you puffed shirt poindexers going to win a TB? Laughing at you lug headed lollipops on trying to hold just one base. Do your self esteem a favor here and stop queuing!! Those repair bills have got to hurt at this point....
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Filten you ruin all the fun of extensions.
Way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Hrmm.. all the ones I did this weekend and on Tuesday we won. Where were you?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I don't think we won at all Wednesday, but I missed 1-2 games. Although the ones that I played, we were RIDICULOUSLY outnumbered. You wonder why people don't bother to play when the "even teams" game is so often out of whack.

But tonight we held TB for all but 1 game (as of this post). For an Alliance dominated server (and that's an understatement), that's more than respectable.

Quite frankly, they should offer Honor rewards in proportion to the population. So a win for Alliance is 100 Honor, it's 500 for us. Something needs to be done to help stem the attitude of "oh, I want free wins.... I'll just play Alliance."

Frustrating but oh well.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I don't think we won at all Wednesday, but I missed 1-2 games. Although the ones that I played, we were RIDICULOUSLY outnumbered. You wonder why people don't bother to play when the "even teams" game is so often out of whack.

But tonight we held TB for all but 1 game (as of this post). For an Alliance dominated server (and that's an understatement), that's more than respectable.

Quite frankly, they should offer Honor rewards in proportion to the population. So a win for Alliance is 100 Honor, it's 500 for us. Something needs to be done to help stem the attitude of "oh, I want free wins.... I'll just play Alliance."

Frustrating but oh well.

That's not a good idea, how would the scaling work on realms like Illidan and Cho'Gall where the horde population is at 99%?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
uh.. just like I described, but favoring Alliance, of course.

I imagine they face the same frustration and sense of hopelessness we do here. Is it somehow FUN for them but it isn't for us?

As much as I don't like losing, I'm fine when it's a fair fight. But going to some of these TBs where it's 21 Alliance v 13 Horde makes me want to quit. How is that good for the game? Everyone cries that they want more "world" PvP, yet people can't grasp that issues like this don't foster any desire to try. It's one thing to complain about baddies who don't understand the basics (train healers, get towers down, etc), but when TB is *SPECIFICALLY* designed as an even-teams game, and it's consistently *NOT* ... why bother?

Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
ps: You know what some of these games remind me of? PvP in vanilla. When I'd queue for an AB and it'd be 15 Alliance and 7 Horde. Join AV with 40 v 28.

I'd get games like that ALL DAY LONG.

Just try and imagine what that's like. There's no "secondary" sense of fun, like "oh well, let's just try and hold Farm! It'll be fun just to deny them the 5-cap!!!"

There is NOTHING FUN ABOUT THAT. Try and look beyond banging your chest at how "awesome" alliance is (or Horde on those other servers) and realize that's ultimately not good for the game. For a healthy PvP environment, you need PLAYERS and this sort of thing doesn't encourage it.

Reply Quote
86 Gnome Rogue
Clearly this guy doesn't know about the gimp rule.

But really, since you have a smaller pool of players you could more easily control who gets into the battle, or alternatively, what alliance doesn't. I know I'd consider that a distinct advantage when my guild really wants to win a TB.

Also, the scenario that you describe only occurs if horde drop out and no one is currently (or eventually) in the queue. Do the mismatches happen? I'm sure, but not at the severity that you claim. It's also completely your teams fault if you queue into a match and leave immediately in the beginning.

The real secret to winning TB, however, is to funnel more prot specs into the queue.... right?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Control who enters the battle? Are you serious? hahahaha

I guess I'm glad you have that kind of coordination, but .. you're gonna have to trust me on this.. it simply DOESN'T EXIST on Horde-side. The lack of players already proves the point you conveniently want to avoid: we can't even get ANYONE to play, let alone mastermind some sort of scheme as to which one of us badasses is going to join at what time. Do you not even see how obviously dumb your claim is?

And it DOES happen to the severity I claim. Because when I'm at WV and easily count 10 ppl, and I /w a friend of mine at icg and he tells me there are 10 ppl there... and we know there is a band of 3 taking out towers... well it may be rough numbers, but that's 23; and it's not that hard to open the raid panel and count the 13 that we have. We deal with this nonsense ALL THE TIME. I'm sure you think it's a wild fabrication because you haven't had to deal with it since BWL was new. Were you even around then, fresh fish?

How the hell is it our team's FAULT if ppl queue for the Alliance-equivalent "easy win", see that they actually have to work for it, and then leave??? We have no control over that. We can't MAKE people stay. When the jerkwad multi-boxer was in about a week ago and had no less than FIVE of his chrs just sitting on the bridge waiting for us to win it for him and his drones... exactly what can we do about that? Go ahead.. enlighten me. I can't wait to hear the answer to this one.

There's no "secret" to winning. Like I already said, the basics are well known and most players simply don't understand them. Train healers, don't fight in the road, get towers down, TRAIN HEALERS, did I mention train healers?? I realize you have at least two entire "elite" guilds who live and breathe pvp, but Horde **often** has new players (in PvE gear) who are trying things out/ just farting around. Alliance is HEAVILY stacked with organized, WELL GEARED teams who seem to think farming n00bs makes them great. *golfclap*

But in support of my random group of TB players, I will say that on those rare, glorious fights when a mere 1-2 Alliance healers get in (again that whole, bothersome "even teams" thing) we often do just fine. The last TB I did, I greatly enjoyed watching 3 Alliance players drive engines all over the map... even after the towers were down. All things considered, your stupid players are just as stupid as ours. Be glad your population imbalance (and easy success !@#$%s) allow you to have a greater pool to sample decent players from.

And in conclusion, in an open format "world pvp" type battle, Prot is a much better spec for what is currently the worst class in the game. No surprise the most OP, mouth-breathing FOTM class doesn't know that.

Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I actually enjoy your use of alliteration. But as troll posts go, it's still weak. :p

And for Girth, I just re-read my post and the end reads like I'm directly attacking you. I'm really not-- I'm angry at the rogue class IN GENERAL. It's a reflection of how stupid PvP is in Warcraft, how unbalanced it is, and how many obvious flaws there are.

It's just a game to me. I just want to have fun. It is Blizzard's overwhelming incompetence that compromises that ability. That's all. :^)
Edited by Brocknor on 2/11/2012 4:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Get some g%@*!fruits, already!!

Posting on an alt really shows us your fruits.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
There are repair bills in PVP aside from the 15c it takes to repair your weapon after each death? Since when?! I must've missed that in patch notes somewhere...
Edited by Embraced on 2/14/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
WOAH WOAH WOAH.....repair bills don't come from PVP :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Your ignorance is forgiven.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Hi Brocknor!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I'd say hi to you Ren, but I don't think you could hear me through all the OP priesty bubbles. ;^)

But I'll still say hi. *waves*

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Remember that one time we won one?

Me neither :-(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Nah, it's not that bad. Not when you compare apples to apples.

You have to keep in mind, for PvP in general and certainly for things like TB, Horde is 99.99% a random collection of PvE players who aren't all that interested in PvP.

So when Carebear Stare and similar guilds get a majority of players in there (which lately would be 3-4 ppl), we're going to lose and lose badly. Big deal, I'm not impressed. i400 players with almost 5000 resil against i350ppl who probably sometimes have 2000 resil. Am I really supposed to be impressed? hahaahahaahaa

But like I said earlier in the thread, when it's just random alliance v us, we win just fine. We won a game yesterday against players so bad, they made Horde look like PvP gods. I fought a Hunter who STOOD STILL the entire time I attacked him and he only AUTO ATTACKED ME! So yeah, relax that ego a little bit... just like I said: "Your bad players are just as horrible as ours. Be glad you have actual PvP guilds and players to offset your balance."

Over the weekend we even won 3-4 defensive battles quite easily. kk tired of saying the same thing over and over. I just wish CBS would play less as it not only takes the fun out of the game, but it obviously discourages new players (read: Horde) from trying it out when an effectively Honor-based game is played by hardcore Conquest-geared players. And then you try and brag about it? Really, you're just making yourselves look bad.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Who makes a forum post at 2AM?

And I would like to see the study proving that 99.99% of horde players are not interested in PvP.
Edited by Failsafe on 3/13/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]