02/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Drwaffles
Nvm. \(-o_O-)/

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Nvm. \(-o_O-)/

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Did you leave? You missing Maly™?

Seems about the time someone starts frequenting the forums is when they move on to bigger and better things.

We're still all obnoxious, disc is still making trade intolerable for most of the day.

Our raiders are perpetually cocky all the while we have awful heroic progression. We probably won't ever see a server first H Deathwing now that Hell crapped out. (Maybe in an x-pack or two? Hah. A joke.)

But I'll always have a place in Dwarven District auction house for you to afk in. Even if I don't think I've actually spoken one word to you outside of right now.

02/23/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Drsmashsauce
Who the !@#$, are you?

I'm Dr. M. F. Waffles, Public Relations Officer (P.R.O.) of guild Apathy, whose raid attendance is awful and we quit progressing after killing DW but I still love them; recently dubbed the Insane, though I'm sure it's not as neat "since it got easier and stuff supposedly."

kernt sperl
|
v
Edited by Drwaffles on 2/28/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Drwaffles
Did you leave? You missing Maly™?

Not sure about the bigger and better part, but yes, I'm gone.

I miss the familiarity I guess; raiding is alright here though, I'm in Midwinter's weekend GDKP.

Going to buy H:8/8 from them here soon if the scheduling part works out.

Let me fix that table for you.

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

PS: Nice achievement points total by the way. ^_^

02/28/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Drwaffles
Our raiders are perpetually cocky all the while we have awful heroic progression. We probably won't ever see a server first H Deathwing now that Hell crapped out. (Maybe in an x-pack or two? Hah. A joke.)

Looks like Equitas and Nerfed are doing alright; I'm sad there aren't any progression 25s left though.

I need to find one to join before Mists.
Edited by Verelyse on 2/29/2012 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You know you could like.... get 8/8H for real...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
02/29/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Ovsteel
You know you could like.... get 8/8H for real...

I tried. And is that a recruitment offer to a 25-man hardmode progression guild?

No?

Then shush, I have hardmode strats to study so I don't make a fool of myself. I'll probably have to run LFR four times again this week to get used to using subtlety on H:Spine without getting nuked.

PS: Gratz on your H:Deathwing kill.
Edited by Verelyse on 2/29/2012 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It might help if any good guild didn't look at you and say oh look this guy A. has no logs, and B. has bought every kill of any hard boss in this expansion. That doesn't really impress many guilds and won't make any look at you seriously. If I were recruiting I would rather see a person who tried hard on their own merit than someone who shamelessly bought kills because they weren't willing to wipe. Thats not a progression attitude. You don't just app to an 8/8H guild with no notable progression and get in, which given your history of buying kills thats what you'd want instead of wiping with someone and earning your way up.

We are recruiting rogues technically but its more of a roster fill-out than anything and I couldn't vouch for what I haven't seen.
Edited by Ovsteel on 2/29/2012 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
It might help if any good guild didn't look at you and say oh look this guy A. has no logs, and B. has bought every kill of any hard boss in this expansion. That doesn't really impress many guilds and won't make any look at you seriously. If I were recruiting I would rather see a person who tried hard on their own merit than someone who shamelessly bought kills because they weren't willing to wipe. Thats not a progression attitude.

We are recruiting rogues technically but its more of a roster fill-out than anything and I couldn't vouch for what I haven't seen.

I've got logs, at least haphazardly at various times. It's not like I don't raid at all otherwise, I just buy a clear once a tier. Whenever I apply to a guild I give them a list of what my actual progression is, and on top of that I apparently impressed a few people in Midwinter so much that I have a standing invitation to use them as a reference on future guild applications. I just never really needed that clout on Malygos.

There's like, a window of opportunity for me at the beginning of each raid tier, where I honestly seriously care about hardmode progression. I want to get in there and get that !@#$ done! And as long as it doesn't screw with my class or work schedules I'm in for it (except for Firelands, I just personally thought that raid was crap the first time I saw it and never really bothered to apply myself - just being honest on that one).

But if that initial attempt doesn't work for whatever reason, like if the guild implodes or goes casual or there's attendance issues or what have you, basically if Malygos happens to your guild, then I'm kind of stuck. I got recruited by Equitas really late in ICC, they already had H:11/12 on farm and I was like holy cow this is amazing, and they carried me through that place hardcore while I figured everything out.

And while I appreciate that, and I respect it, and I learned a bunch of stuff and I think I did a pretty good job as a raider when T11 came around, I never want to be baggage on a guild again if I'm not economically compensating them for it. So if I were to look for a hardmode guild now, two things could happen: they've got a lot of stuff on farm, and I end up getting carried again, or they're at R:8/8 or H:1/8, and just suck.

So, unless there's a solid guild out there sitting at H:1/8 just waiting for me to apply to them so they can go wild on hardmode progression, I'm happy where I am until I give it all another go for T14. Right now the run I'm in is H:1/8, and we're trying H:Hagara and H:Ultraxion this week assuming all goes well with people showing up. It's not broadway but it's a living, heh? And killing H:8/8 the next week is just icing on the cake.

But seriously, I'm also working really %^-*ing hard for that cake. I've finally got all three rogue specs down so I'm reasonably comfortable with using them, taking notes on all the hardmode fights and watching a couple live streams (Blood Legion had a good rogue PoV one about a week ago), etc.; I don't want to give the impression that I'm paying them to carry me because that's not really my intention with any of this.

I'm paying them because I'm an inconvenience, and there should be some compensation for that. But this is an opportunity for me to test myself and gain actual experience on progression fights that I can't see otherwise. My goals are to execute the mechanics, not wipe the raid, have fun, do good DPS, and maybe score some loot that'd otherwise be disenchanted, in that order of overall priority.

I just don't get anyone that has a problem with that.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I kind of take it personally when it's implied that I'm doing this to slack off. Because God, I'm putting a lot of work into that raid. I'm getting my money's worth out of it, god damn it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It got toasty in here. >_--

Here, this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA&feature=related
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
When I xferred here I did got H rag with my guild and wiped a total of 0 times and got a ranked parse and felt absolutely no sense of accomplishment because there was no real progression. I didn't wipe a single time. Thats what you're gonna do. No matter what your dps is or how good you performed you literally haven't earned a single thing if all you do is come in and farm some bosses w someone that doesn't even need your contribution to kill the boss and haven't actually progressed through a fight by wiping on it and gradually improving.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
It got toasty in here. >_--

Here, this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA&feature=related

Alright, that was traumatizing.

02/29/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Ovsteel
When I xferred here I did got H rag with my guild and wiped a total of 0 times and got a ranked parse and felt absolutely no sense of accomplishment because there was no real progression. I didn't wipe a single time. Thats what you're gonna do. No matter what your dps is or how good you performed you literally haven't earned a single thing if all you do is come in and farm some bosses w someone that doesn't even need your contribution to kill the boss and haven't actually progressed through a fight by wiping on it and gradually improving.

I'll gain a sense of accomplishment by fulfilling my role in the raid and not getting anyone killed, just like any other raid clear. I'm sorry you think I'm only making excuses for behavior you apparently find reprehensible, mostly because it must be really annoying to go through life feeling that affronted by what other people decide to do with their time. I almost feel like I'm arguing for gay rights or something.

They don't need me there, but they're willing to let me be there, and I can learn from the experience.

And have some fun. And get some heroic epics. Just to cover all the bases. I mean, do you seriously feel that much scorn for me as a human being over this? It's not like anything I do effects anyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

They don't need me there, but they're willing to let me be there, and I can learn from the experience.

You learn more from failures than successes. Especially when you'll have no basis of comparison for which to improve upon, future or current.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

You learn more from failures than successes. Especially when you'll have no basis of comparison for which to improve upon, future or current.

In general, I agree. But I also think you're being willfully ignorant about everything I'm trying to say.

Is there a point in continuing this discussion?

02/29/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Ovsteel
If I were recruiting I would rather see a person who tried hard on their own merit than someone who shamelessly bought kills because they weren't willing to wipe.

Also, as I've been wiping in DS since the week it launched, I take belated offense at that statement.

My wipes just didn't get me as far as your wipes got you, apparently.

02/29/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Ovsteel
Thats not a progression attitude. You don't just app to an 8/8H guild with no notable progression and get in, which given your history of buying kills thats what you'd want instead of wiping with someone and earning your way up.

See wall of text. I want to -start- a raid tier and progress. This late in the tier I'll get carried whatever I do, or get stuck with people who legitimately can't progress, so I may as well be upfront and honest about it.

You've got no idea how ready I was to wipe for hours on hardmodes starting 12/06/2011.

Reference: my application to Fortis pre-4.3, the last 25-man guild that looked like they had some progression left in them on Malygos who needed a rogue. Ask them if I ever slacked off.
Edited by Verelyse on 3/1/2012 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
*grabs popcorn*
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/01/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Azrâêl
*grabs popcorn*

/petitions Azrâêl as a character reference :)
Edited by Verelyse on 3/1/2012 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Az likes me better. We whisper each other sweet nothings all the time
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/01/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Ovsteel
Az likes me better. We whisper each other sweet nothings all the time

It's not picking sides, geez. I've spent the better part of two days here trying to understand and/or relate to why you think the way you think. I just don't get why you take this so... personally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]