Saturday night Super PUG, starts Feb 18th

90 Human Warrior
What's this all about you might ask??? Super and PUG in the same sentence, can't be true, no such thing.

Well, I'm going to at least try and turn this oxymoron into a successful run if enough talented players are interested in knocking off some of the previous tiers (11, 12... and maybe 13) achievements. The goal is to get enough players (mains or very geared alts) from some of the top guilds that are successfully working on Heroic DS to form a 25 man raid that can complete some of the tougher achievements that guilds haven't completed on their own.

Goals (all 25 man) :
Heroic Sinestra
Heroic Ragnoros
Glory to the (Cata, Firelands, Whatever the DS one is) Raider

Time frame :
Every Saturday night starting at 8 server, repeating for 3 to 4 weeks depending on success of the runs.Since it's likely too short notice and I'll need a bit of time over a week to recruit enough kick butt-holio players we'll start February 18th.

Precedence :
Is this really possible? Aren't all PUGs fail?

Yes, this is possible, and we have done this before. The precedence for this was at the end of Wrath of the Lich King, a PUG/alt run we put together that was attended by some of the top players on the server, and from the top guilds. At the time we did this every Sunday night and finished all the tougher achievements from Tier7-10. These include all the Glory to the (Tier 7-10) Raider, and titles such as Astral Walker, and most importantly and impressively, "the Immortal" title. This was the only run on the server that successfully completed this achievement, and now that it has been removed from the game, it will be the only run that will have ever done it on this server.

I'm hoping we can replicate this magic, not only for the achievements, titles and glory ;) but also to foster a better spirit of cooperation between the Alliance guilds on this server.

What's needed to form a successful raid?

Well, if I could get 3 or 4 people to help recruit, and manage this run that would be great. Ideally one would be a raid leader that could explain encounters and strats better than I do, since I have a bad habit of sometimes getting long winded. Also if I could get a volunteer for Lead healer to hand out assignments as well. A Loot Master so I don't have to figure that out, lol, and of course enough people to fill out all the standard raid roles. My ideal goal is to get good representation from the top guilds on the server (10 and 25), IE. Assimilation, OOB, Ascension, Profit, and Kinsmen. If you are a stand out excellent player from an Alliance guild not listed and you're interested, please post in this thread as I won't disregard any great players just because they aren't in a top progression guild.

Roles needed :

Tanks (2, and maybe a player of 2 with it as an off spec) :
Stormy (has to put kids to bed at 9)
Build (possibly coming)
Nightforge (either off tank, melee, ranged of heals)

Melee DPS :
Ronninn
Chig (if he can log on for a weekend)
Angedefoi (also has a shammy healer if needed)
Dalois

Ranged DPS :
Kelrox (if he can log on)
Captnice
Lekasha (can you ask Sugar if he'll go :) )
Rennela
Davron
Jujugunner
Dontlookdown

Healers :
Chammoise
Blackfield

PS. If things go well, and the group wants to run their alts through heroics on DS to see how far we can make it in, I'm totally game for that as well. I understand that people will not likely bring mains for this since I expect everyone to be working on those bosses as part of their guilds progression.

Thanks for considering this, and I hope we have a lot of fun like we did at the end of Wrath doing this.
Edited by Ronninn on 2/18/2012 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
Ronn, Sinestra in ONLY heroic so specifying heroic is a bit redundant. Like saying f**king !@#$ or stupid moron. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/09/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Chigurh
Ronn, Sinestra in ONLY heroic so specifying heroic is a bit redundant. Like saying f**king !@#$ or stupid moron. :P

Meh, I was so long winded I lost track of it bud... does that mean you're in? You can call me a f**king !@#$ or stupid moron all you want in raid again. Besides, I miss raiding with you, lets kick some a$s for old time sake.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
You know how hard it is for me to raid on the weekends. I'll try to get it cleared with the wife but it's usually family time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/09/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Chigurh
You know how hard it is for me to raid on the weekends. I'll try to get it cleared with the wife but it's usually family time.

Fair enough Chiggy, family comes first... if you can't I'm sure that I can find some fun stuff for us to burn weeknights if you are still game for running with old timers.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
I'm intrigued....
Weekends are tough for me, but good luck to you :) I'll see if I can free up the schedule in the near future to heal or dps.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/09/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Ronninn
These include all the Glory to the (Tier 7-10) Raider, and titles such as Astral Walker, and most importantly and impressively, "the Immortal" title.

/flex
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kinda want to be ally just to go do these now. gl guys
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
These include all the Glory to the (Tier 7-10) Raider, and titles such as Astral Walker, and most importantly and impressively, "the Immortal" title.

/flex

Sup Immortal Lova :)

Does this mean I have your attention as well for a repeat of the ol' fun run?

02/09/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Deathmono

Faction change inc. :)
Edited by Ronninn on 2/10/2012 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
OOB
I'd be in for this - Resto. OS Enhance with reasonably decent gear.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
<3 my Immortal title :)

I'll come to these - happy tree at your service. I don't have a good offspec, so I'll stay heals all the time :P

PS - I still hate you Chig, with your amazing luck with mounts and pets. and your insane title that I'm being lazy to get...but still!! /envy
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
All I do is love and here you go hating me. Makes me a ssssssaaaaaaadddddd panda.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry D: I'm such a horrible person :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
None of my ally toons have gear ron or I would. =(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm game for this, I can stay till 10 or 10:30 tops though due to the fact that I live on the other side of the globe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sweet Night, Black, Cham :) I'll take care of the roster stuff shortly once I get my Madness PUG out of the way for tonight. Saved to that and praying to find someone that will take me tonight while I have a few pints of Corona, then the left over Red Stripe that I have in the fridge :)

I've got a good feeling this will work out and be a lot of fun. So, must emergency gear you up Panda, won't be the same without you and your bamboo. And what about you Chiggy, I take it I'll be infringing on your weekend a little too much eh? I'll bring a bag of milk for the run when I get aboot it :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'll help :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
8:00 might be a little early for me, but if I'm on and depending what you do, I can tank with my Paladin or I've got a Mage & Priest for ranged DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/09/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Deathmono

Same 8=D~~
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I'll go... hit me up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]